• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Water. Lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    Gray4lines:
    Both the eagle rare and bookers are on my to try list. Looks tasty!
    Pretty new to Bourbon, this is my favorite so far. Gray, you're in KY? Have you done the Bourbon Trail?
    I have only visisted Woodford and Makers mark. Id like to see a couple more, but I prob won't do the whole trail back to back. The individual trips were very fun!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I am watching football enjoying Tangueray 10.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's raining...the dogs are all sleeping...obozo still in office...the kids are away...and I have 3 BUZZ BALLZ left...what the heck.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Patrickbrick:
    I like Tangueray 10. Hendricks is probably my favorite Gin although I don't drink it often.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    I like Tangueray 10. Hendricks is probably my favorite Gin although I don't drink it often.
    You are seriously creeping me out lmao, Hendricks is my personal fav Gin and then after that would be Leopoldo Bros gin (unflavored) and then Bombay Saphire.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Poured a dram of the Evan Williams 1783 that my sweetie was nice enough to get me. Pretty darned good especially when you factor in the price!

Nose: Caramel and refined sugar, a bit of sweet corn and a touch of oak. Not overly complex but still an enjoyable nose, nearly zero alcohol hint.

Palate: Smooth and a bit of a light syrup mouth feel, seems thin at first but thickens up at the finish when the burn shows up which is a nice slow warming burn. Tastes a touch young and a bit watered down (probably because I prefer 100+ proof neat), but it's definitely a sweeter bourbon and has notes of raisin, vanilla, caramel and oak. The finish is clean and short sadly, however the burn lingers on the palate and a fruity caramel lingers. For $13 this is a great find and easy to drink neat if you don't want to try to pay attention closely to what you're sipping on. If you want something to hold your attention it doesn't have the complexity to do so but very easy to drink and wouldn't feel bad for an instant if it was mixed.

PS - It actually opens up and a bit more boldness and black pepper comes to play if you let it sit for 30 min to 1 hr.

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I've gotten in the habit of doing that and it really changes my drink. Especially with scotches, let them sit covered for 20 minutes or so.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will have to try that. Nice review Brett.
    Drinking some local Italian D*go Red wine tonight.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I've gotten in the habit of doing that and it really changes my drink. Especially with scotches, let them sit covered for 20 minutes or so.
    I can only guess that it's slight oxidation/interaction of the the air and whisk(e)y, only thing I could come up with. But yeah I just started to pick up on that on some of them.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    Will have to try that. Nice review Brett.
    Drinking some local Italian D*go Red wine tonight.
    Thanks Sherm, I don't have that great of a palate for whiskey yet but I'm working on it. I know that a few were intersted in the 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, next time I pour some I will see if I can't try to put a couple sentences together on it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    photo C69360E6-0B83-463D-9474-7C157AAB352E.jpgNot bad for an LBV, prefer the 20 year.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    You are seriously creeping me out lmao, Hendricks is my personal fav Gin and then after that would be Leopoldo Bros gin (unflavored) and then Bombay Saphire.
    I too am a huge fan of Hendricks, however at the price point I get the 10 vs the cost for Hendricks, 10 wins. There is a also a local distillery that a makes a great gin called copper fiddle distillery.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    I too am a huge fan of Hendricks, however at the price point I get the 10 vs the cost for Hendricks, 10 wins. There is a also a local distillery that a makes a great gin called copper fiddle distillery.
    I like the 10 as well but Hendricks is my fav, but I agree it's pricey. There is also a local distillery next to me Patrick, Spirit Hound, and they do a decent gin I've heard.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    I like the 10 as well but Hendricks is my fav, but I agree it's pricey. There is also a local distillery next to me Patrick, Spirit Hound, and they do a decent gin I've heard.

+100 on Hendricks. Any other gin these days--even my trusty Tanqueray--is just second class. Do you do the cucumber thing with it?
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Whats something cheaper(under $20) that most liquor stores have? Im the mood to try something new. Ill be going tomorrow.
    thanks.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    I've heard Rebel Yell, Fighting ***, Evan Williams Bonded Biurbon, Evan Williams 1783 (I have this and like it) and Old Grandad Bonded are all good less than $20 bourbons typically.
  • Options
    raisindot:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:

+100 on Hendricks. Any other gin these days--even my trusty Tanqueray--is just second class. Do you do the cucumber thing with it?
    In the summer every once in a while I do.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    Would you be interested in a trade? They have a gin that is aged in bourbon barrels that might be up your ally.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Today I will be enjoying this photo imagejpg1-72.jpg
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Patrickbrick:
    raisindot:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:

Yes, love the cucumber with it. It's definitely a great, refreshing summer drink!
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    raisindot:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:

Yes, love the cucumber with it. It's definitely a great, refreshing summer drink!
    Indeed it is.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    Would you be interested in a trade? They have a gin that is aged in bourbon barrels that might be up your ally.
    I'd love to bro but I honestly don't have any gin in my cabinets currently, let alone Hendricks. I do need to pick a bottle up sometime this spring, when I do I will be happy to send you some regardless though :)
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    Nice, I enjoy Glenlivet quite a bit ;)
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    I'd love to bro but I honestly don't have any gin in my cabinets currently, let alone Hendricks. I do need to pick a bottle up sometime this spring, when I do I will be happy to send you some regardless though :)
    Please pm your address.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    Nice, I enjoy Glenlivet quite a bit ;)
    As do I, this went very well with that nub.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    Please pm your address.
    If I did that I would basically be bending over and blowing you a kiss a la Rain style ;) lmao just kidding, Randy love you :D

Pateick I dunno what heinous mischief you're up to but there is no need. If there's anything you see below that catches your eye I will happily send some sample to you, will need to give me a week or two to get everything put together though, I'm about to go on a bit of a bombing/sharing run with a few people hooch related. Get paid Friday so I can go pick up several offerings at a few liquor stores for some brothers that I very much want to make my introduction to lol. But yeah long story short and to stop rambling, take a peek at the collection below. Anything you're intersted in let me know and I can put a small bottle of it in the mail to you. the only thing not pictured is a bottle I snagged today. Called Rebel Reserve, it's a wheated bourbon. It's a cheaper bottle but supposed to be surprisingly good and supposedly can compete with many $30/bottle offerings. Excited to try it out.

• Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    Please pm your address.
    If I did that I would basically be bending over and blowing you a kiss a la Rain style ;) lmao just kidding, Randy love you :D

Pateick I dunno what heinous mischief you're up to but there is no need. If there's anything you see below that catches your eye I will happily send some sample to you, will need to give me a week or two to get everything put together though, I'm about to go on a bit of a bombing/sharing run with a few people hooch related. Get paid Friday so I can go pick up several offerings at a few liquor stores for some brothers that I very much want to make my introduction to lol. But yeah long story short and to stop rambling, take a peek at the collection below. Anything you're intersted in let me know and I can put a small bottle of it in the mail to you. the only thing not pictured is a bottle I snagged today. Called Rebel Reserve, it's a wheated bourbon. It's a cheaper bottle but supposed to be surprisingly good and supposedly can compete with many $30/bottle offerings. Excited to try it out.

You have a wonderful collection, no need to share with me. I have not "met" you yet, so I'm thinking its time we do so.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Lol bro need has got nothing to do with it, I am always happy to share :)