Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    Looks like an advert inside a magazine, Nice photo Brett. That old fashioned looks pretty tasty too!!!
    Thanks Rudy much appreciated :) The picture doesn't show it well but that was a large dram of the Cask Strength served up neat. Haven't done a Old Fashioned yet will probably tomorrow night. Getting the maraschino cherries and sugar cubes tomorrow.
    Don't forget the umbrella,,hahaha,, ;o)
    BWAHAHAHA you got it, and maybe a pirate sword toothpick too ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    3 Floyd's and Half Acre collaboration called Anicca. Absolutely fantastic IPAimage
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Vinny. We get some Stone stuff here, but have not tried this one yet. Awesome
  • Options
    Oh man amazing and seriously great brews gentleman enjoy!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Had some Elijah Craig earlier and just poured some Lot B. What a good day to enjoy some fine bourbon!
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    Had some Elijah Craig earlier and just poured some Lot B. What a good day to enjoy some fine bourbon!
    No kidding bith of those I've heard are excellent, especially that Rip Lot B!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Just finished up some Elijah Craig 12 I bought earlier today. Interesting. Thicker and slick mouthfeel. Smells like burned brown sugar and heavily charred oak. First sip is salty sweet and cream of all things, sweetness fades across mid palate and the alcohol punches you in the back of your mouth. Lots of oaky charred flavor and a touch of leather but it all flows and transitions seamlessly. Really like this. First time I've had a bourbon with a noticeable salty note, thought it as just a scotch thing, really nice. Definatley let it breathe a bit though.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Just finished up some Elijah Craig 12 I bought earlier today. Interesting. Thicker and slick mouthfeel. Smells like burned brown sugar and heavily charred oak. First sip is salty sweet and cream of all things, sweetness fades across mid palate and the alcohol punches you in the back of your mouth. Lots of oaky charred flavor and a touch of leather but it all flows and transitions seamlessly. Really like this. First time I've had a bourbon with a noticeable salty note, thought it as just a scotch thing, really nice. Definatley let it breathe a bit though.
    I tend to pour neat and the leave it alone for 15-30 mine fore tasting, and then especially because my favs are cask strength I sip on them slowly for an hour or two, they really do go through some significant changes over an hour or more opening up, if you have the patience I'd encourage you to try it ;)
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great! Thanks for the notes on it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Had my first Old Fashioned, really good thanks gentleman!

• Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Had my first Old Fashioned, really good thanks gentleman!

Perfect choice
  • Options
    Had a healthy pour of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban 12 year last night with a splash of distilled water. Delish!

• Options
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Very nice hope you liked it I love that bottle.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Washington Wheat Whiskey, few rocks and some Ginger Ale.. ahhhhh refreshing
  • Options
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried this one? photo image.jpg1_5.jpg
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    I haven't had one in a while, but if you enjoy hops you should get your hands on hopsickle by moylans.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    No I have t tried that one or hears of it either, how'd you like it?
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Giving the Glenfiddich 18 a try. First time I've had it. Having it neat. Uhh... yeah pretty tasty. Wish I had one ice cube.
  • Options
    I like hops so its great, good thing I have your addy. When you least expect it a package will arrive.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    Giving the Glenfiddich 18 a try. First time I've had it. Having it neat. Uhh... yeah pretty tasty. Wish I had one ice cube.
    That is a amazing scotch, in my opinion a ice cube or a few drops of water really open it up.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Patrickbrick:
    pelirrojo:
    That is a amazing scotch, in my opinion a ice cube or a few drops of water really open it up.

The 12 is my go to. The 15 is heavenly. The 18 is much better with just a little splash of distilled water.
  • Options
    If you ever want to taste heaven and if you can find it the 1976 livet with a few tiny droplets of water. Also I too very much enjoy the 12 fiddich, but as you stated the 18 is crazy good. Does not compare to the 76 however. Again this is soly my opinion.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    It is great! I will have to try a few more pours, but it seems like there is kind of a lot going on. It was less sweet than the nose lets on, but still a nice caramel, vanilla, with kind of dry grain in the background. Really nice bourbon that I'll buy again no problem. It does look cool!
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    Patrickbrick:
    pelirrojo:

The 12 is my go to. The 15 is heavenly. The 18 is much better with just a little splash of distilled water.
    Congrats Gordo, that 18 looks brilliant and I agree with the thoughts on the 12 and 15, haven't tried the 18 though so can't say on that but glad you enjoyed :)
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    I like hops so its great, good thing I have your addy. When you least expect it a package will arrive.
    Don't do it Patrick! And yes I love hops so long as it's a balanced profile as well. I'm not the guy that loves a beer just because it is super hoppy and bitter with nothing else going on, I love hops and I like the bitter bite but there needs to be more going on in a brew than just that for me. Great example, I really dig nearly all Stone Brewery stuff but I hate the Ruination IPA, to me it was intense stupid bitter hop and nothing else, just bitter for bitters sake. However I love their Go To IPA and their regular IPA. It's the balance plus bitter hops that I like so much for me at least.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    It is great! I will have to try a few more pours, but it seems like there is kind of a lot going on. It was less sweet than the nose lets on, but still a nice caramel, vanilla, with kind of dry grain in the background. Really nice bourbon that I'll buy again no problem. It does look cool!
    Great description and yeah such a good drink and at that price point that's one I will buy over and over again.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    Don't do it Patrick! And yes I love hops so long as it's a balanced profile as well. I'm not the guy that loves a beer just because it is super hoppy and bitter with nothing else going on, I love hops and I like the bitter bite but there needs to be more going on in a brew than just that for me. Great example, I really dig nearly all Stone Brewery stuff but I hate the Ruination IPA, to me it was intense stupid bitter hop and nothing else, just bitter for bitters sake. However I love their Go To IPA and their regular IPA. It's the balance plus bitter hops that I like so much for me at least.
    Yep you would like it.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    Yep you would like it.
    Awesome will keep my eyes peeled for it. Patrick you had any Pliny before?