Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    I like this but I can't find it here anymore. Do you know if it is a seasonal now? ^Referring to the Goose
    It is a seasonal, would you like some? Goose is made 45 mins from me, in fact we have a taken a tour of their brewery.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrickbrick:
    CharlieHeis:
    I like this but I can't find it here anymore. Do you know if it is a seasonal now? ^Referring to the Goose
    It is a seasonal, would you like some? Goose is made 45 mins from me, in fact we have a taken a tour of their brewery.
    Oh, ok. I would NOT like some. (I like it, but not enough for you to bother with sending me some) But thanks anyway. Do you know when it was released? Maybe it just hasn't arrived here yet. I should check out the brewery on my next trip to Chicago.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Very good! Nose is deep with caramel, a fresh citrusy note, and some smoke. Smokey and caramel taste. My favorite so far.
    Nice very very nice Gray! I really do need to get one of those Glencairn glasses, I just always spend the money on the drink instead of the glass hahahaha
    I picked it up with my first two bottles of scotch. It's pretty neat; definitely easier to pick up aromas. I am looking forward to going back to some bourbons and trying the different glass.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Very good! Nose is deep with caramel, a fresh citrusy note, and some smoke. Smokey and caramel taste. My favorite so far.
    Nice very very nice Gray! I really do need to get one of those Glencairn glasses, I just always spend the money on the drink instead of the glass hahahaha
    I picked it up with my first two bottles of scotch. It's pretty neat; definitely easier to pick up aromas. I am looking forward to going back to some bourbons and trying the different glass.
    Awesome, I've heard it changes the nose and taste more than expected, sounds like I need to just break down and get one or two. Thanks for the heads up Gray ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Awesome, I've heard it changes the nose and taste more than expected, sounds like I need to just break down and get one or two. Thanks for the heads up Gray ;)
    Allow me to recommend a different glass for you. http://theneatglass.com

I have glencairn glasses and these and tend to drink exclusively out of these. I had read reviews and the science behind it and was still skeptical but decided to buy a couple. Let me tell you, it really enhances the sip for me.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    ddubridge:
    90+ Irishman:
    Really fvcking bad day at work, luckily I work from home so when I reached my level of BS that I could no longer tolerate I poured myself a small amount of W.L. Weller Antique 107 with a thimble of water. Helped a lot :)
    What kind of "favors" are we talking about here?
    I have no idea what you're talking about ;)
    That's awesome to work from home and be able to do this! Hope it improved your day!
    I'm sure it did if he cashed in those favors.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    ddubridge:
    90+ Irishman:
    Really fvcking bad day at work, luckily I work from home so when I reached my level of BS that I could no longer tolerate I poured myself a small amount of W.L. Weller Antique 107 with a thimble of water. Helped a lot :)
    What kind of "favors" are we talking about here?
    I have no idea what you're talking about ;)
    That's awesome to work from home and be able to do this! Hope it improved your day!
    I'm sure it did if he cashed in those favors.
    I will never tell, I will simply say my day did in fact improve ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:

I have glencairn glasses and these and tend to drink exclusively out of these. I had read reviews and the science behind it and was still skeptical but decided to buy a couple. Let me tell you, it really enhances the sip for me.
    Those are very cool looking. I will look into them!
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:

Hmmmm very cool thanks D will need to check that out. Ken is hooking me up with one of the Glencairn ones, if I can locate one of the Neat's then I will have to do a side by side of a drink I know intimately so that I can discern which one works the very best for me. That would actually be pretty slick to see the notes for a side by side comparison to see if not only the nose but also palate pick up anything different between the two. I do like how elegant the Glencairn one looks but the Neat one is much closer to my tried and true tumblers that I love so much.
  • Options

Mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm love this one especially neat. image
  • Options
    Good looking drink and a great looking photo. Looks like a promo photo for Michter's!
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    Good looking drink and a great looking photo. Looks like a promo photo for Michter's!
    Thanks D, much appreciated :) The Mixhters is truly just an all around solid bourbon and super easy drinker. It's a bit smoker, oaky and drier than the others in my cabinet but the finish on it is one of the very smoothest, right neck and neck with Woodford which to me is still the smoothest and cleanest finaih I've had on a bourbon. The Widow Jane, Booker's and Stagg Jr. are still the heaviest on flavor me character that I've had.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:

Just bought 2, lol. Very cool, I'm sure I'll like em. Crystal always makes drinks look good too
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:

Just bought 2, lol. Very cool, I'm sure I'll like em. Crystal always makes drinks look good too
    Lol we got a problem don't we?! It's a very good first world problem to have hahahaha
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:

Lol we got a problem don't we?! It's a very good first world problem to have hahahaha
    Lolol! Yes... oh which glass to enjoy my scotch out of. Damn, life is hard!
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:

Lolol! Yes... oh which glass to enjoy my scotch out of. Damn, life is hard!
    Hopefully you agree with me, let me know what you think when you get them
  • Options
    Enjoying some Lot B tonight...mmmm

• Options
    D Fresh:

F'ing killing me lol. Awesome glass, choice and gems hidden in the background as well ;)
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:

F'ing killing me lol. Awesome glass, choice and gems hidden in the background as well ;)
    looking good!
  • Options
    Booker's neat in my cut crystal tumblers (Xmas present from Pops a few years back).

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    NeAt? Damn dude... I usually add a hair more than a teaspoon of water to that stuff... Like barell aged diesel...but so damn good!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    NeAt? Damn dude... I usually add a hair more than a teaspoon of water to that stuff... Like barell aged diesel...but so damn good!
    Lol well I love how rich the flavor is neat plus it makes me sip on it very slowly. Plus I noticed oddly that whenever I add a bit of water to any whiskey I get this odd bitter finish of a bite at the very end that lingers.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Needed a little warm up after work today. Man it's cold here. Going to have to try that Bookers Irish.
    photo E6F8FA94-8BAF-4AB6-8616-EEAD15A89893_zpstjicdaed.jpg
  • Options
    Both the eagle rare and bookers are on my to try list. Looks tasty!
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Both the eagle rare and bookers are on my to try list. Looks tasty!
    Pretty new to Bourbon, this is my favorite so far. Gray, you're in KY? Have you done the Bourbon Trail?
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Needed a little warm up after work today. Man it's cold here. Going to have to try that Bookers Irish.
    photo E6F8FA94-8BAF-4AB6-8616-EEAD15A89893_zpstjicdaed.jpg
    I'm a big big fan of the Eagle Rare, that's a bottle I need to add back into the cabinet just need the time to save up for the bottles I need to pick up lol. Andy and Greg I have enough of the Booker's left I can send yall samples if you want, trust me you won't be disappointed so long as you enjoy cask strength offerings, which so far are my favs.
  • Options
    Oh and Andy I can't recall of you picked it up or not but the Eljah Craig 12 year at $30 or less is one of those bottles that I've heard every bourbon lover has to have in their cabinets. I can also say to both you and Greg, if you come across the Widow Jane buy it, that or the Stagg Jr. is my fav I've had so far. Love the Michter's as well as the Colorado Straight and the Booker's but I keep reaching for those two more than any others. So so good.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Oh if you come across the Widow Jane buy it,
    Ran across it today. It was staring right at me. Then I looked into my cart and said to myself, you have a problem and need to go.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    90+ Irishman:
    Oh if you come across the Widow Jane buy it,
    Ran across it today. It was staring right at me. Then I looked into my cart and said to myself, you have a problem and need to go.
    LMAO go back tomorrow and you won't have the same problem :) Seriously though that one is a fantastic drink and I think it especially shines neat (at least it did for my palate), I think you'd very much enjoy that.
  • Options
    Eagle Rare 10 and Elijah Craig 12 are definitely my go to bourbons. Love both those at their price point and highly recommend both.