Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Two cans of Fosters. A great beer for a great price!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went and hung out with FTG Brett yesterday and had some whiskey while we shot the ****, I had a pour of Knob Creek Single Barrel and I shared some of the Monkey Shoulder that Scott sent me and Brett fell in love with it like I did, thanks Scott! Also had a pour of some Eagle Rare that Brett had left still from the bottle I gave him for his Bday last year. Overall a great time :)

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm too lazy to take a picture but I am going with a Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter. Very good pairing with the Montecristo Edmundo.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm with Brad too lazy for a pic. Sixth Glass quadruple ale from Blvd. Brewery paired with the SOA Black Crown Brad gave me. Insanely smooth for a 10.5% abv.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Went and hung out with FTG Brett yesterday and had some whiskey while we shot the ****, I had a pour of Knob Creek Single Barrel and I shared some of the Monkey Shoulder that Scott sent me and Brett fell in love with it like I did, thanks Scott! Also had a pour of some Eagle Rare that Brett had left still from the bottle I gave him for his Bday last year. Overall a great time :)

glad you both enjoyed bro!
  • Options
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beer, lots and lots of beer. Blowing up my Untappd account..........
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    So is that 2 cans of Coors light or what? Just kidding Todd. What did you drink tonight?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    bandyt09:
    So is that 2 cans of Coors light or what? Just kidding Todd. What did you drink tonight?
    Maybe 3 or 1 Budweiser.............................lol

Think I started with a Slow Ride from New Belgium, then a Rampant from New Belgium, then a Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier, then a Hofbrau Hefe and then I stopped keeping track, I don't know why, lol

Apparently I made a NCAA bet that I won too......
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    avengethis:
    bandyt09:

Think I started with a Slow Ride from New Belgium, then a Rampant from New Belgium, then a Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier, then a Hofbrau Hefe and then I stopped keeping track, I don't know why, lol

With someone that has 7 posts. Let's see if they pay up.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    bandyt09:
    avengethis:
    bandyt09:

Sounds like a good night, Todd. Smart choice going with Izzo last night. I have no doubt that the new guy will pay up. We all had 7 posts at one point in time :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Eulogy:
    bandyt09:
    avengethis:
    bandyt09:

Sounds like a good night, Todd. Smart choice going with Izzo last night. I have no doubt that the new guy will pay up. We all had 7 posts at one point in time :)
    Seems like he may be good for it. Guess it's just the pessimist in me.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnny five's recipe for an awful hangover:

follow in this order & do not skip any ingredients:

woodford old fashioned's (x2)
    beer (x2-ish)
    shots (x >1)
    beer (x?)

this recipe is best served for a friend's birthday celebration & night out on the town
    guaranteed to knock you on your a$$ and make you feel like hell the entire next day.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Old Weller Antique
  • Options
    Im a bit behind, had these over the past few days....

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Last night, first time I've gotten into this special bottle since first week of January since it's the first bottle she ever picked out on her own for me. I gotta say it's changed a lot and I love this stuff wow, and time has added some dark cherry and plum in the mid palate and finish that was extraordinary wow!!

Peach Street Distillery Colorado Straight Bourbon Aged 2 years Batch 67 Bottle 696 92 Proof

Nose: This is a very oak and vanilla heavy nose that smells young but still smells quite good. I also pick up elements of lemon and a touch of corn and grain.

Palate: Man this has really smoothed out and picked up some depth that I really love! The start is still quite heavy on the young oak and strong vanilla, but it quickly shifts to notes of corn sweetness, marzipan with some citrus and a heavy dosing of caramel that is nicely balanced and sweet. By mid palate we pick up some grain spice that balances the sweeter tones and really comes into its own thanks to the marzipan and char notes helping to bolster it and bring it further front. The finish starts out strongly with spice, a hint of toffee and marzipan once again but that fades into the background a bit to be largely composed of a older more balanced and softer oak tones and a nice heavy char and a flourish of anise... Fantastic!!! This has really improved some and I put this at a solid 4/5 stars now! I would like to add that after sipping on it a bit notes of dark cherry, plum and sweet dark fruits. It really made it come alive and was somethig special!
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Very very nice Gray! I know that all Jefferson's stuff is sourced but I gotta say I am a big fan all the same and just don't care! Their Rye, the Chef's Collaboration is awesome and I have heard the same about the Very Small Batch and Private Reserve and really want to pick up those, how'd you like it??
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Very very nice Gray! I know that all Jefferson's stuff is sourced but I gotta say I am a big fan all the same and just don't care! Their Rye, the Chef's Collaboration is awesome and I have heard the same about the Very Small Batch and Private Reserve and really want to pick up those, how'd you like it??
    I like it a lot. It's a little different. Very much grain forward and dialed down sweetness compared to most bourbons I've tried. It's not complex, but a very nice bourbon. I would pick up another. Very easy to drink.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    I like it a lot. It's a little different. Very much grain forward and dialed down sweetness compared to most bourbons I've tried. It's not complex, but a very nice bourbon. I would pick up another. Very easy to drink.
    Thanks bro will be on the lookout when I can afford it again lol
  • Options
    The Hibiki 12 Year
    Suntory Japanese Whiskey

Nose: Wow talk about a rich and decadent nose! There is the staple whiskey notes in there but that's the background, what really shines through however is massive notes of plum and confectionary sugar with caramel and mild vanilla all surrounded by a general floral bouquet, outstanding!

Palate: On the palate it is an equally strong and up front explosion of floral tones and fruits all mixed in with a single malt whiskey... A truly unique and wonderfully layered whiskey! At first you pick up notes of plum and molasses with dark but well defined fruits, that quickly moves into the single malt whiskey flavors of smoke, dry oak and tobacco with a mild burn starting to show up as it leads into the finish. The finish is very long and very well balanced and refined with some char showing up through the nose and long drawn out hints of tobacco, dry oak, leather and dark fruits with a subtle highlight of sugar plum.... Brilliant!!! This is much different from what I normally go for as this is so much closer to a scotch than an American style whiskey but that being said this is so smooth and bright and balanced I could easily drink this regularly and with pure joy, easily a 4.5/5 stars here!!
  • Options
    Man I love this stuff.... no matter what will always have a bottle in the cabinet!

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    The Sabres lost tonight guaranteeing that they finish last in the Standings and will get either the 1st or 2nd pick and be able to get one of the two best Prospects in years. Celebrating by having the Shark that james40 sent me in the Movie Trivia Pass a while back and enjoying a White Russian with an Italian Accent along with it. Just a White Russian with a bit of Disaronno added to it. Great combo and the Shark was awesome.

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Went to a black tie gala tonight where my dad was honored. Was a great time with family. My wife looked stunning and I looked pretty damn good myself LOL. Honoring my dad by opening one of my rare bottles. Fantastic end to a wonderful evening.
  • Options
    Had this last night, in fact had a few pours of this and holy **** was it good... I can promise you that this is my new daily barrel proof drinker because I have nothing bad to say about this! A proper review of it will be coming along in a few days but for now let me just say 4-4.5/5 stars for my tastes because DAMN good!

• Options
    Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 Year

Nose: First off it's been a long time since I've had a pour of ER besides the small pour I had from my buddy's bottle a few weeks back. This is the first pour from my new bottle. The nose on this one is very light with hints of citrus, vanilla, salt and very mild floral bouquet that reminds me of chamomile strangely enough but it's really nice!

Palate: This..... This is what I have missed for so long since I haven't had this one in years! Wow what a flavor explosion followed up by absolute smooth and creamy finish, just brilliant! Buttery, creamy, notes of caramel mixed with a hint of salt and cedar mixed with tobacco! There is no burn at all it is just so smooth all the way from the first hint through the mid palate with layers upon layers of savory, salty and creamy sweet rich flavors! Towards the end leading into the finish a mild spice and a slow building burn finally shows up which balances the sweet and savory notes prior quite well and leads the the finish that's heavy in salt, oak and caramel! Truly a remarkable whiskey that I've missed and yes it's a 4-4.5/5 stars wow!
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:

Nose: First off it's been a long time since I've had a pour of ER besides the small pour I had from my buddy's bottle a few weeks back. This is the first pour from my new bottle. The nose on this one is very light with hints of citrus, vanilla, salt and very mild floral bouquet that reminds me of chamomile strangely enough but it's really nice!

Palate: This..... This is what I have missed for so long since I haven't had this one in years! Wow what a flavor explosion followed up by absolute smooth and creamy finish, just brilliant! Buttery, creamy, notes of caramel mixed with a hint of salt and cedar mixed with tobacco! There is no burn at all it is just so smooth all the way from the first hint through the mid palate with layers upon layers of savory, salty and creamy sweet rich flavors! Towards the end leading into the finish a mild spice and a slow building burn finally shows up which balances the sweet and savory notes prior quite well and leads the the finish that's heavy in salt, oak and caramel! Truly a remarkable whiskey that I've missed and yes it's a 4-4.5/5 stars wow!

Great minds! That's what I'm drinking tonight. So good. I keep coming back to it, I think I would rate this as my favorite with Elijah Craig a close second.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Edna20:
    90+ Irishman:

Great minds! That's what I'm drinking tonight. So good. I keep coming back to it, I think I would rate this as my favorite with Elijah Craig a close second.
    I have missed this one so much, can't tell you how glad I am to have it back in the stable again! I have tried the Elijah but it was in a blind tasting thanks to Justin so I never knew I was drinking it until later. I have a small bit of the sample left but need to try it, I still couldn't tell you from memory what it was like or how much I liked it or not lol! All that being said what I reach for the very most and most consistently/frequently is Four Roses products, Buffalo Trace products and Wild Turkey products and more often than not their stronger barrel proof offerings for each distillery. This Eagle Rare is from Buffalo Trace and the first one I ever had on the nicer end to drink neat 7 or 8 years ago now. I bought it blindly at a liquor store in Boulder for $20 to take on a camping trip later that day for 7 days in Telluride for a canvassing job I had years back. I had never drank whiskey without it being mixed heavily in coke or something like that. That camping trip we drank it neat and I loved it because it surprised me with how smooth it was and how flavorful without it burning or being punishing. Still just as good if not better today having it for the first time again from this bottle :)
  • Options
    Great stuff! I had a pour a couple of nights ago, I need to grab another bottle!