Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had a few Dogfish Head Chicory Stouts last night. They were pretty great! I was expecting a little more from it, but it was a solid stout and the Mexican coffee flavor was a really welcome addition! I suggest everyone that is in to stouts try this one, but hurry as it is a limited production/seasonal brew. I also had some Stone Levitation Ale last night. I have had this one before and really enjoyed it. The thing I really like about this beer is that it is almost a marriage of a something like a brown ale and an IPA. It has a lot of traditional IPA characteristics, but it's much darker and has a nice touch of delicious ale flavor as well.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Had my last Sierra Nevada tumbler tonight. Need to go to bevmo and load up on the seasonal brews.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Buffalo Trace ... last of it ...me sad ...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    What, no Sierra Mist with that ?
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    What, no Sierra Mist with that ?

Oh Yeah Baby the ultimate mixer !!!
  • Options
    Started with firestone velvet Merlin, moved to loast coast 8-ball stout and ended with bushmills 21 year. What can I say, it was a rough week
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    How was that Bushmill 21?
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Honestly, IMHO, it's edged out by bushmills 16. Bushmills 16 is aged in 3 woods being finished in port wood. The 16 is very complex, has a great Irish whiskey taste but it has a sweet maple, caramel, nougat thing going on, the nose on it is decadent! 21 also has the great Irish whiskey flavor but is aged in Madeira casks, not as complex as the 16 but still has a semi sweet almost woody/graininess to it. Both outstanding. I was gifted the 21 but given the choice(since 16 is half the cost to boot) I'll buy the 16. If you like Black Bush, you'll flip over the 16, worth every penny!
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff, I'll take that into consideration. Back home I had a nice decanter of Macallan 18. *sniff* The joys of living in the States...
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Jetmech_63:
    If you like Black Bush,

I prefer hard wood floors myself.

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Jetmech_63:
    If you like Black Bush,

I prefer hard wood floors myself.

I was wondering who was going to jump on that :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Baileys Irish Cream
  • Options
    Irondale Double Chocolate Stout.....not really that good. Especially for the price at &8/Bomber. There are way better stouts out there. This one was really thin and lacked flavor, too heavily hopped.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Lots and lots of Gatorade and water. Last night was Gooooose with a splash of Squirt and a chit ton of Miller Lite while watching the UFC fight, then drunken video games. Good time just paying for it today. I'm not as young as I used to be and should take it easy but I always forget that when the time comes for some spirits!
  • Options
    found a great place with great burgers and two great beers on tap:
    Stone Brewery's arrogant ***
    and
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale.

now that is a good night.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    and
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale.

Agreed! I had the Stone Brewing Smoked Porter not too long ago - damn good beer!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Hays:
    kuzi16:
    and
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale.

Agreed! I had the Stone Brewing Smoked Porter not too long ago - damn good beer!
    I definitely suggest their Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale. That stuff is unbelievable! It started as a limited release, but people freaked when they couldn't get any more so now it is a full time production. It really is an amazing brew.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Had a Shiner Holiday Cheer today. Damn good beer! Not sure how many people outside of TX are familiar with Shiner, but it is a damn good beer and the Holiday brew has some nice notes of peach and pecan. Much better than the Sam Adams Winter Lager!
  • Options
    the wife just picked up some whipped cream flavored vodka today. gunna mix it with ginger ale on X-mas. ill keep you updated on how this goes.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Not sure how many people outside of TX are familiar with Shiner, but it is a damn good beer
    their Oktoberfest was outstanding, and as far as non seasonal beers go their Bock is great too. there is a bar in the area that has their Bock on tap all the time.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Sam Adams IPA - this one is really growing on me; very crisp taste
  • Options
    After work ... with the owner and his son and my boss and a couple of other managers some Crown Royal . AAWWWW ... no more workey till Monday ...love it !!!
  • Options

I believe that as well. Black Jack on the Rocks (or just below zero) Mmmmmm.

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    Not sure how many people outside of TX are familiar with Shiner, but it is a damn good beer
    their Oktoberfest was outstanding, and as far as non seasonal beers go their Bock is great too. there is a bar in the area that has their Bock on tap all the time.
    Funny story about Shiner Bock, when I managed a country club several years ago, here in TX by the way, the owner printed up some new bar menues with the food and drink prices listed. As I was going over the prices and how he had them broken into categories I noticed he put Shiner Bock down as an imported beer... I handed the stack of menues to him and just shook my head. From then on he had nothing to do with the bar because he honestly knew nothing about alcohol... Come to think of it he knew nothing about golf either. Never could understand why he bought a country club.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    Funny story about Shiner Bock, when I managed a country club several years ago, here in TX by the way, the owner printed up some new bar menues with the food and drink prices listed. As I was going over the prices and how he had them broken into categories I noticed he put Shiner Bock down as an imported beer... I handed the stack of menues to him and just shook my head. From then on he had nothing to do with the bar because he honestly knew nothing about alcohol... Come to think of it he knew nothing about golf either. Never could understand why he bought a country club.
    idiots are so entertaining sometimes.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    So far! Wild Blue Blueberry Lager, bout to pop open my Ardbeg Uigeadail and have a glass or two... been really jonesing for this.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    kuzi16:
    and
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale.

Stone Brewing makes an outstanding IPA...but there double IPA is by far my favorite beer. They call it Ruinition and it will smack you in the mouth with hops. A nice sharp cheese and a big swig of Stone Ruinition is heaven on earth for me.

Unfortunately I am stuck in Afghanistan so it is black tea for me. Right now I am drinking a Chinese black tea called Yunnan Jig. It's got a nice round flavor with no astringency. It needs no cream or sugar.
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Egg nog. Goin' to keep smokin' till I find a cigar that pairs with it. Promises to be a long nite.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Oh man. Too much, that's what. I had a Cuba Libre at the bar across the street from my pharmacy after we closed up for the day today, with my co workers. Then I went to my folks house, and had a few rums before dinner. Then with dinner we had an '08 Lost Canyon Pinot Noir. After dinner I had a few White Russians with the other men in the family. Once everyone but my brother and I had left, my dad, brother, and I opened a bottle of port (didn't see the bottle, will look tomorrow when I head back over there) and killed it. Gonna feel it tomorrow probably. Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Knob Creek Manhattan earlier with a Liga Privada T52, not bad for being the first one I've mixed up, but definitely room for improvement, and the LP was fantastic. Just finished up my first try at a gin martini, lots of room for improvement on that one...I'll get the hang of it sooner or later I hope...or I just won't make martinis.