Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Hypothetically (sp) I could have had a bit of " white Lightning " from the hills of Wilkesboro NC , moonshine country . That is , if I were so inclined ... hypothetically of course . And a small amount is all it takes to make you feel really good .... so I've heard ......hypothetically of course . ;)
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    gmill880:
    Hypothetically (sp) I could have had a bit of " white Lightning " from the hills of Wilkesboro NC , moonshine country . That is , if I were so inclined ... hypothetically of course . And a small amount is all it takes to make you feel really good .... so I've heard ......hypothetically of course . ;)
    Be careful lighting that cigar fella.LOL
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    beatnic:
    gmill880:

Ha ! This is good advice !!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    beatnic:
    gmill880:

Ha ! This is good advice !!!
    I hypotheticaly might have had the chance to try some Mississippi Sweet Water a while back... I've heard it was very good! Smooth and almost sweet. Even had hints of caramel. From what I was told about it at least. LoL
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Heading up to the Flying Saucer in Raleigh, NC tonight for some beers with a friend who just got his first book published! I am going to be the driver tonight, but I should be three beers closer to getting my saucer on the wall! With all the new beers that are released in March I should have a pretty large selection in front of me. Hopefully they still have some Dogfish Head on tap, it's always sold out when I get there
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Ron Zacapa XO mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Grabbed a bottle of the XO recently. Fantastic stuff. Huge fan of the 23 as well.

Last night, I tried Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout for the first time. Pretty amazing stuff - I'm not much of a beer drinker - just starting to get into it a bit. Lots of vanilla, cocoa, coffee, oak and bourbon with a thick, almost motor oil like consistency and heavy mouth feel. I hear it's tough as nails to get your hands on it. Most stores around here just got it in and sold out already this week. Lots of places have a 1 or 2 bottle limit per person.

Then we broke into some South Hampton Chocolate Stout. Like dark, bittersweet chocolate in a glass. Both were really impressive.
  • Options
    Sipping on a Saphire and tonic. 75° here in the deep south
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    beatnic:
    Have you tried a Hendricks tonic? I really like them, better actually than the Sapphire, and I'm a fan of that as well.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    beatnic:
    Have you tried a Hendricks tonic? I really like them, better actually than the Sapphire, and I'm a fan of that as well.
    Nope, I'll have to try one
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive been drinking a lot of milk stout from left hand brewery. its good stuff. im not amazed by it, but it has a distinct taste to it.
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Yesterday: Uinta Cockeyed Copper Borubon Barrel Barley Wine. Damn thats good.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Ron Zacapa 23 - not bad; think I'm getting used to rum bit by bit
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Flor de Cana Gold 4 year old rum. Paired with a Diesel and Heartbreak Ridge. Good stuff.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    Flor de Cana Gold 4 year old rum. Paired with a Diesel and Heartbreak Ridge. Good stuff.
    The insane amount of awesome in your day should have made the world implode. If only Chuck Norris had been there to light up your smoke and pour your rum...
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    ejenne87:
    Matt Marvel:
    The insane amount of awesome in your day should have made the world implode. If only Chuck Norris had been there to light up your smoke and pour your rum...
    Haha, sadly no Chuck Norris.
  • Options
    Chateau de Terrefort Quadcard
  • Options
    Had some Kraken spiced rum today, nice flavor though a bit rough for sipping. It was nice with Sierra Mist though. At 94 proof it packs a punch.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Don Julio Anejo..... Way too much....
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Tried Sierra Navada Glissade last night. Wow that was good. Light color, spring-time flavors (and a lot of them) but a heavy warming feel to it. Perfect for the transition from winter to spring, just as the bottle said.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Tried Sierra Navada Glissade last night. Wow that was good. Light color, spring-time flavors (and a lot of them) but a heavy warming feel to it. Perfect for the transition from winter to spring, just as the bottle said.
    ?Not a Sierra Nevada nor Sam Adams fan but lately their seasonal brews have been finding their way into my beer fridge and Glissade is one of the better ones. Like Ken said, a great transition from Winter into Spring.
  • Options
    ghuss37ghuss37 Posts: 18
    Been drinking fat tire lately...also some of my american wheat beer (homebrew)
  • Options
    Enjoying a Stone IPA tonight. I must be getting accustomed to more hoppy beers, it used to be too bitter and that was all I could see, but I'm coming to enjoy the flavor underneath the bitterness.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    MMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE!!!!
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Enjoying a Stone IPA tonight. I must be getting accustomed to more hoppy beers, it used to be too bitter and that was all I could see, but I'm coming to enjoy the flavor underneath the bitterness.
    I've been told to age those in the bottle for a year or two. It will cut down the hops and allow the more subtle flavors to come through. When aging beer, hop character is usually the first to go.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Nothing . . . . gave up booze for lent.

Its been harder than I thought. . . . .

Have a 6er of Heineken and Tecate in the fridge waiting for me. Out of Bourbon though. I need to make sure I take care of that before Easter. Nothing like a shot of Beam and a Tecate once you step in the door to take the edge off after work.
  • Options
    today i had a Firehouse Hefeweizen. i am a big fan of Hefeweizen. need to get more.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mai Tai with Cruzen Aged rum and Tahiti Joe's Mai Tai mix with a splash of Grenadine.
  • Options
    boydmcgowan:
    Nothing . . . . gave up booze for lent.

Its been harder than I thought. . . . .

Have a 6er of Heineken and Tecate in the fridge waiting for me. Out of Bourbon though. I need to make sure I take care of that before Easter. Nothing like a shot of Beam and a Tecate once you step in the door to take the edge off after work.
    You'll be able to count the lost pounds in double figures by Easter. I gave it up for a year LOL. Gonna have wine on Easter. Yea!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Miiilllerrr TIIIIIIIIIIIMEEE!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Miiilllerrr TIIIIIIIIIIIMEEE!
    lassy... did you ever get that miller shirt i sent you a looooong time ago?