Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Stone Old Gaurdian Barleywine.... holy shizer that 22 put me on my ass. Nice to find a barley wine with good hoppyness that isn't overly sweet.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Stone Old Gaurdian Barleywine.... holy shizer that 22 put me on my ass. Nice to find a barley wine with good hoppyness that isn't overly sweet.
    I picked up some of this up in VA this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. There is also another one, same name plus some extra letters (or something like that) that I also picked up. I'll have to see what the difference is I suppose.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    Jetmech_63:
    I picked up some of this up in VA this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. There is also another one, same name plus some extra letters (or something like that) that I also picked up. I'll have to see what the difference is I suppose.
    Stone seems to be doing a lot of variants on their traditional lines lately. Not sure I like that trend. Although the 13th anniversary edition of arrogant bas-tard, lucky bas-tard, was GREAT.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    ejenne87:
    Jetmech_63:
    Stone seems to be doing a lot of variants on their traditional lines lately. Not sure I like that trend. Although the 13th anniversary edition of arrogant bas-tard, lucky bas-tard, was GREAT.
    Hey Ken I don't know if you have had it yet, or if it's even still available, but Dogfish Head's Squall IPA was freaking amazing! I drank two bottles of it the first night I found it. Really great stuff, I just can't find anymore here :-(
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    Ken Light:
    ejenne87:
    Jetmech_63:
    Hey Ken I don't know if you have had it yet, or if it's even still available, but Dogfish Head's Squall IPA was freaking amazing! I drank two bottles of it the first night I found it. Really great stuff, I just can't find anymore here :-(
    Crazy, man, I just tried that the night before last! I'm not a huge fan of Dogfish head's ____-minute IPA series, but I thought an unfiltered IPA was an interesting concept. Man, was that good!! It had the same, what I call Dogfish twang, as the _____-minute, but missing that syrupy feeling that I usually get from those. Its up there with the best of stone's IPA's.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    ejenne87:
    Ken Light:
    ejenne87:
    Jetmech_63:
    Crazy, man, I just tried that the night before last! I'm not a huge fan of Dogfish head's ____-minute IPA series, but I thought an unfiltered IPA was an interesting concept. Man, was that good!! It had the same, what I call Dogfish twang, as the _____-minute, but missing that syrupy feeling that I usually get from those. Its up there with the best of stone's IPA's.
    If you know of a place to find a few bottles I'd be willing to work some kind of deal with you for a couple. They are all sold out everywhere around here, and didn't have any in Total Wine in VA Beach. Let me know, if you would
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night started with a glass of Bushmills after dinner with an AVO Classic and ended with a glass of Laphroaig Quarter Cask with a Diesel Unlimited corona. Both nice pairings!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Lagunitas IPA.... Hooray Beer!
  • Options
    Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    Knob Creek® Kentucky Straight Bourbon...Yummy!!!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Ironworker63:
    Knob Creek® Kentucky Straight Bourbon...Yummy!!!
    *drool*

Love Knob Creek.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    beer.... miller.... not heavy
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Some Kastle Triple Ale... not the best triple I've had but still OK.

• Options
    Alba Scots Pine Ale... this stuff is tasty.

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Having a couple Miller Lite's interspersed with a couple of Peroni's. Been a long, hot day and these are hitting the spot. Might have to pick out a nice mild stick to join in the fun.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Paulaner Hefe-Weizen
    Thirsty Dog Brewing Co. Twisted Kilt Scottish Style Export Ale
    Fort Collins Brewery Chocolate Stout.

was a good day.
  • Options
    Grozet Gooseberry & Wheat Ale

• Options
    Past three days was a culmination of:

Miller Lite
    Bud Light
    Coors Light
    Vodka
    Redbull
    Some pink mixed drink
    Strawberry Daiquiri
    And whatever someone shoved in my face
    Oh, and jello shots
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:

Miller Lite
    Bud Light
    Coors Light
    Vodka
    Redbull
    Some pink mixed drink
    Strawberry Daiquiri
    Oh, and jello shots
    .. nice to see you expanding your horizons there lassie.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:

Miller Lite
    Bud Light
    Coors Light
    Vodka
    Redbull
    Some pink mixed drink
    Strawberry Daiquiri
    Oh, and jello shots
    .. nice to see you expanding your horizons there lassie.
    When in Rome
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    This weekend was all natty light, keystone light, and good ol PBR!! All free as well as a ton of crawfish!!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:

Miller Lite
    Bud Light
    Coors Light
    Vodka
    Redbull
    Some pink mixed drink
    Strawberry Daiquiri
    Oh, and jello shots
    Bud Light??? Coors Light??? I can let everything else slide (even the strawberry daiquiri...well, just barely), but I'm afraid I'm going to have to bring this up at the next M.L. Drinkers Local 69 meeting. I'm afraid they will not look upon this too kindly.
  • Options
    Ebulum Elderberry Black Ale... this stuff is blowing me away. I love it.

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat..............ice cold on a hot spring day.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    I picked up a sixer of an Orange wheat ale today that is from a local brewery. Very refreshing on a warm day.
  • Options
    had a bottle of Stone Brewing's Old Guradian 2011, also a bottle of Old Guardian BELGO. I'm REALLY buzzed haha. this stuff is no joke! barley wine at 12%
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Lasabar:

Miller Lite
    Bud Light
    Coors Light
    Vodka
    Redbull
    Some pink mixed drink
    Strawberry Daiquiri
    Oh, and jello shots
    Bud Light??? Coors Light??? I can let everything else slide (even the strawberry daiquiri...well, just barely), but I'm afraid I'm going to have to bring this up at the next M.L. Drinkers Local 69 meeting. I'm afraid they will not look upon this too kindly.
    HEY! It was all they had at some places.... Coors Light is okay, but I had to CHOKE down the Bud Light... But I managed to do so, and all the ugly chicks turned HOTT
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    I picked up a sixer of an Orange wheat ale today that is from a local brewery. Very refreshing on a warm day.
    Wow, that sounds good. Lost Coast has a Tangerine beer that is really good.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    I really wish I enjoyed wheat beer :-( The style of a nice light wheat brew just seems to fit the summer perfectly. what is this one with oranges, Joe? I am in love with citrus fruits and this might be a tasty for me to try out!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    I really wish I enjoyed wheat beer :-( The style of a nice light wheat brew just seems to fit the summer perfectly. what is this one with oranges, Joe? I am in love with citrus fruits and this might be a tasty for me to try out!
    It's from a brewery here in Socal, I believe it's called Hangar 24. For a warm spring/summer day, it's really nice. For any other time, the flavor is a little on the light side for me.
  • Options
    Man do
    I have a
    Lover in my
    Life that can take care of
    Everything that life
    Rubs in my face

Lo an behold
    I see the
    Tall and
    Ever satisfying BEER