Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Mephisto:
    @Russ--I don't really know much about wine either, but I tend to drink a lot of reds and generally like Chileans. How was it? Still drinking on that bottle of Segondignac and still tasty.
    It was ok. Not bad by any means. Smoother than any wine I've ever tasted or smelled before. For the price I'm definitely not mad at it, but it was more something I'd drink to see if I could taste what I'm supposed to taste, and smell what I'm supposed to smell than something I'd drink to enjoy. I actually could taste what they said I should, and smell what they said as well, but I don't know that I'd have detected it all if I wasn't looking for it. It's very interesting so far.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Raspberry lemonade JOOSE and Miller Lite
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Raspberry lemonade JOOSE and Miller Lite
    add wine to this
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Lately I have been enjoying a Guinness with my cigars.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Last night a 2009 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. Still had a bit of alcohol burn for an 09 but was bold in flavors - burnt toast, dark malt, smoke, vanilla and burnt caramel.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Gonna be pouring some Four Roses Single Barrel after I get home from work tonight. Depending on how humid it is it's gonna have a friend in the form of a RP Rosado.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    too much...a local (sw france) red, a cheap tasty local rose (same vineyard), "champagne soup" and alot more of the rose. now finishing the night with a stogie named something like elray and more rose.
  • Options
    JOOSE Watermelon followed by Miller Lite
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    I don't have much of a selection to choose from at the moment but will put one out for some to try. If you are ever in Washington State. Look for a beer called Irish Death. Great beer
  • Options
    MILLER LITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Cutty Sark and Diet, and a couple Presidentes. Gotta get to bed, 5:30 coming up quick.
  • Options
    ztanner25ztanner25 Posts: 48
    Lasabar:

Can I buy you a real beer?
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JW green label
  • Options
    Guinness. Always. And some German Weizen.
  • Options
    ztanner25:
    Lasabar:
    You can buy me whatever you'd like... Then when I'm almost at the point of a DUI I will politely thank you for the evening, put on my smoking jacket, the one that Hugh Hefner gave me, and walk to my Dusenberg automobile, crank it 5 times to start it and drive home with the fond memories of the night that has past...

Then I will get home, throw my monacle on the ground, undo my suspenders and slam a 16oz. Miller Lite Wide Mouth Bottle and then take a bucket of ice and 10 Miller Lite's to the couch and watch Fat Bltches wrestling in mud and get H-A-M-M-E-R-E-D!!!!
  • Options
    Oh, and I'm drinking Miller Lite tonight!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    ztanner25:
    Lasabar:
    You can buy me whatever you'd like... Then when I'm almost at the point of a DUI I will politely thank you for the evening, put on my smoking jacket, the one that Hugh Hefner gave me, and walk to my Dusenberg automobile, crank it 5 times to start it and drive home with the fond memories of the night that has past...

Then I will get home, throw my monacle on the ground, undo my suspenders and slam a 16oz. Miller Lite Wide Mouth Bottle and then take a bucket of ice and 10 Miller Lite's to the couch and watch Fat Bltches wrestling in mud and get H-A-M-M-E-R-E-D!!!!
    Lassy, you are my fvcking hero. I swear, if I ever make it to WI you and I are going to the Miller Brewery and drink them dry. Strange Brew style - forget bottles, cans or kegs; just jump straight in the vats and go to town.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Lasabar:
    ztanner25:
    Lasabar:

Lassy, you are my fvcking hero. I swear, if I ever make it to WI you and I are going to the Miller Brewery and drink them dry. Strange Brew style - forget bottles, cans or kegs; just jump straight in the vats and go to town.
    I LOVE strange brew... I can only imagine drinking a vat of beer, gorging myself and then politely saying "I gotta take a piss"
  • Options
    Water. How much crap is that? I'm on duty for the next 6 days and can't have any alcohol. This sucks.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    a couple of glasses of Buffalo Trace bourbon while I watered the lawn, smoked a Padron 1926, and hung out with the wife . . . good night.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Last night I had some Goose Island Night Stalker Imperial Stout...... good stuff.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried the Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA Deconstructed pack?

I'm slowly working my way through this and I have to give it huge props for an eye-opening experience. I haven't read anything about it, but what it seems to be is this: the Latitude 48 IPA is a blend of many different hops, and if you haven't tried it, its a very well-balanced and flavorful IPA and I highly recommend that you check it out. The deconstructed 12-pack is 2 each of brews that accentuate one of 5 particular type of hops, and 2 of their Latitude 48 IPA. I could always tell the difference between IPA's, but now I'm really tasting what each type of hops does to a flavor profile and it's amazing! Like I said, I'm going through it slowly, one a night, and so far I'm 2/5 in. I think at the end I want to taste the second bottle of all 5 plus a Latitude 48 to really get an idea of what they did with that beer.

I wonder if something similar can be/has been done with cigars...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Recovering from last night's trika and balinka (sp?--Romanian alchohols similar to vodka but sweeter) with a few bottles of stella...somebody please remind me to avoid drinking with Romanians
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Scorcher at work today. 105* feel like temp. Just got home and made some Mojitos with fresh lime and mint. Already pounded two of them.
  • Options
    bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    A few Coors light while cooking on the grill and smoking a Gar. Now just relaxing with a nice Dr. Pepper lol.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jamison Gold Reserve with a couple of Smithwicks
  • Options
    6 miller lites and then Bacardi Limon and Diet Pepsi....
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    So my wife wants to know what she can bring back from a wedding in texas for me to try. I like Jamesons Irish whiskey, cruzan cream rum, coconut rum, and some others, but am wanting to branch out and try sometinng new that won't break the bank.
    any suggestions?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Miller Lite.... Done and Done