Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    So far! Wild Blue Blueberry Lager, bout to pop open my Ardbeg Uigeadail and have a glass or two... been really jonesing for this.
    Mmmmm.... ARDBEG!!!
  • Options
    Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    Red Racer IPA...Central City Brewing Company Surrey, British Columbia. If you enjoy IPA's then this is a must try, you'll really enjoy it. "An ale that was fashioned to survive the long voyage from England to India during the British colonization. Hop, hops and more hops this ale has an intense aroma and a long lingering finish. A beer for the connoisseur, this is the Brewmasters choice." Alcohol by volume: 6.5%
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    It was a hellova day at work, as I had to work 3pm-11pm tonight (Christmas Eve)... Came home, and now I'm enjoying a generous glass of Zaya 12yr rum - nice sipping rum, and you can't beat the $26 I got the bottle for yesterday. Starting to feel a bit better :-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Tortuga rum as soon as I get off work !!!
  • Options
    sipping some gentleman jack ... smooth .
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Smuttynose Brewing Co.'s Old Brown Dog Ale.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had some Stone Cali-Belgique IPA and it was delicious! Almost the exact same as their IPA, but with some Belgian yeast that brought out some amazing new flavors and kinda changed the feel of it a bit. It was a tad expensive at $9 for 22 oz. but if I ever found it cheap enough I am all about getting some more.

On a bit of a side note, this is one of those beers that is the perfect example of why you need to drink it from a pint glass and left it warm up a touch after you take it out of the fridge. As this beer got warmer in my glass it really started to open up with some intense floral notes. The yeast did so much for this beer it almost tasted as if there were some spices/herbs brewed in with it.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Smuttynose I think is a very under the radar craft brewery. They have some fantastic brews, the Old Brown Dog being one of them. I am definitely a supporter of theirs, and try to spread the word. I buy their new releases every time I see them also.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    kuzi16:
    Smuttynose I think is a very under the radar craft brewery. They have some fantastic brews, the Old Brown Dog being one of them. I am definitely a supporter of theirs, and try to spread the word. I buy their new releases every time I see them also.
    i checked out their website. they seem to have quite a few brews out there. the only one i can find in my area is the old brown dog ale
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Two Stellas. (-.-) Lack of options...
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    There is a beer in Poland called Okochim that everyone I was there with wanted to try, and a few people ordered it. One of the Polish military officers then walked over and started laughing pretty loudly. Someone asked him why he was in tears he was laughing so hard and he said "because only girls and little boys drink Okochim." I took a sip and instantly the only thing I could think of was how it tasted EXACTLY like Stella Artois. which is a chick beer here too in case you didn't know ;-)

Hopefully you can find some better stuff to drink son though brother, I know how it can be without proper swill.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    JCizzle:
    There is a beer in Poland called Okochim that everyone I was there with wanted to try, and a few people ordered it. One of the Polish military officers then walked over and started laughing pretty loudly. Someone asked him why he was in tears he was laughing so hard and he said "because only girls and little boys drink Okochim." I took a sip and instantly the only thing I could think of was how it tasted EXACTLY like Stella Artois. which is a chick beer here too in case you didn't know ;-)

Hopefully you can find some better stuff to drink son though brother, I know how it can be without proper swill.
    Trust me, I know! Serious lack of options, I typically don't even really drink lagers, mostly porter, stout, IPAs, stuff like that. The liquor selection is decent, so when I want something harder, I'll pour a scotch or something like that. Stella is basically like water to keep my mouth wet while I'm playing PS3 lol.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    Jack&Coke for me tonight,mmm Wonder what cigar would go really well with Jack.
  • Options
    Anyone tried the Woodford Reserve Masters Collection Maple Wood Reserve ? Interested in flavor and if its worth the coin ... $89.95 .

I enjoy the regular but have never had any of the Masters Collection releases .
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I'm probably going to go with a Long Beach because I don't want all the carbination and caff the day before I go to work.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Tonight its Calcium Enriched, Vitamin Fortified, Chocolate Soy Milk!! Hmmmmm! I can't wait to get home and have a glass of somthing on the rocks! Or a ice cold beer!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a couple doubles of good sour mash bourbon on the rocks to go with a nice, mild CAO Gold. Molto rilassante.

Marty

• Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I had a Left Hand Polestar Pilsner. Delicious.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    drinking an Iron Butterfly tonight
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Oban, neat
  • Options
    last night:

left hand brewing co.'s milk stout.

very friendly beer.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Sweet Tea, courtesy of the Patton's own DFAC
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Had some Courvoisier on the rocks...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Haven't made it yet, but soon enough I'll be enjoying a nice mojito.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Maker mark manhattan with blood orange bitters. For all the manhattan fans out there, give those bitters a whirl... Complements veery nicely!
  • Options
    Captain Morgans rum ... cheap but what the he_ll ...
  • Options
    Currently enjoying a 10 Cane rum mojito. Quite nice.
  • Options
    And now for a Hendricks and tonic, fantastic. Now to choose a cigar to go with that.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    J Lohr - Sauvignon Blanc - 7 X 48 AF Anejo
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron Zacapa XO mmmmmmmmmmmmmm