Home General Discussion
Options

Sunday Morning smoke , & news from the Kitchen Table

Comments

• Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    I discount all boxes at lest 10% , some 20, & if I want to close it out I might go as high as 40, I have done by one get one free, but that was a bust , no one took advantage of the stuff i had on the bogo rack, , BUT they sucked it up at 50% off, go figure ! , started to rethink the coffee , today I put out a can for the coffee collection, Donation - ONE Buck , looked in the can there were 3 bucks in it at quitting time ....... not bad for not even asking for the $$$$... we had the start of an other day of snow, looks like 8 to 10 inches on top of the 27 we got over the weekend! , yea that will help sales a lot hahahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Hey, $3 per day is $21 a week, and about $80 per month, and about $1,000 per year; every bit helps :)
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Hey Vince, thanks for keeping your morning post coming!

It really irritates me when people enjoy the B&M but dont support it. I dont care if you bring your own stick but atleast buy something. I think many of the people who do that just dont know its poor behavior. Maybe you should post a list of cigar etiquette on the wall and bury that little tidbit about buying a stick somewhere in the middle. Fill it with common sense stuff like Thou shal not over lick a cigar or thou shall not extinguish a cigar by smashing it in an ashtray.
  • Options
    good idea, but some of the cigar ediquitte I am against, like cutting & lighting your cigar, I will cut & toast the foot of every cigar I sell, & help the custiomer pick out some thing in his or her flavor profile, I am a hands on kind of guy, & I will v cut , punch or slice to your specifacations , I will pour your coffee & bring it to your seat, if I am still standing when some one wants a refill, but if i am sitting down , GET IT YOUR SELF hahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday , 14 Feb.2010, the Anniversery of the beheading of father valintine hey them roman emporers didnt mess arround , you do some thing bad , like marry a guy & his girlfriend when he was in the army just so he didnt get deployed to england, well you pay the price, OFF with his head, , Valintine, a priest /bishop , was a rebel in his time defing the ceaser , back then if you were married with a family you didnt get sent off on some war , you stayed at home with your family, so a lot of soldgers were getting hitched & Valintine was the man of the cloth doing the ceromies , well the emporer got wind of the breaking of the Dont Marry any one in the army rule he had decreed , but val just kept it up & so on Feb 14 , he was seperated at the sholders by an AX,then all that lovey dovie BS found its way into the greating card companys & bingo a Holiday to suck out more money for flowers, candy & other BS stuff that just Drains the cash reserves , so this year I was ready, a Card a sented candle,(peach-ginger) a new snow shovel for her, hahahaha, yep how romantic, 40 plus years of Valintines day & she gets a shovel, hahaha dammm I am running out of ideas hahahaha , well she liked the candle & the card anyway , now that the shovel has a big dent the shape of my head , I dont think the store will take it back hahahahaha , ouch that hurts when I laugh , & speaking of snow, well last time I checked we have about 30inches on the ground at the bird feeder , we got hit mid week with a few more inches & the same is all ready in the pipeline to hit here Monday afternoon, with an other 3 inches plus, GLOBIL WARMING MY @$$. well we spent the evening last night at the rugrats, no cigar drive to speak of , all I got to smoke Saturday was a but from Friday nights drive home from the shop, , my lungs are saying hey what the H3ll did we move or some thing, wheres the smoke, dont tell me we are on some airplane heading to someplace warm , no way of that happening my dear friend , NO way sure i would love to be in SanDiego , ot Key west , even Hawaii BUT my home is Da Burgh , dont know why , it just is ~!!!! Breakfast this morning was a bacon bell pepper onion cheese omlet with a cashue nut butter slice of whole wheat toast & a pot of Kona , the next pot will be a moca java after the Don Carlos #3 , Barb just went out to get the Sunday Paper from the box at the end of the drive way, & she will fire up the heater in the Qtr.deck , it should be warm enough by the time I get a shower & get dressed after I post this BS on the net ! we had a slow week at the shop but ONE Great day for sales, looks like a few income tax returns were filed & cashed, as we sold 4 boxes one day , you know I dont think its a good way to make a sale, we did discount the boxes , & thats OK, but then the guy will not be in the shop every day to pick up a cigar of 2 ,no BS time , just grab a box & out the door, I enjoy the BS & the comming & going of our daily smokers, they come in about the same time every day have a cigar or 2 BS a lot , sip a little coffee , chug a little wine or scotch, what ever , a place to hang out & relax, sure I can do it at home but I dont have any one to BS to at home, I get talked to at home but I never get a chance to add any input to the conversation , you know what I am all about & she has her say I what ever I have to say , I say it here on Sunday morning ! , its the only time at home I can say anything I want with out being told I AM WRONG hahahaha , the Temp in the Qtr.Deck is 28F this morning, by 1 /1:30 it should be up to 65/70 & I will be relaxing in my stress free enviorment , cut off from the world till the phone rings anyhow ! , I will be making a PORK Roast , today, pork , the other beef hahahaha , I will be doing it with apples & prunes, , Prunes my grandson asked whats a prune? , I show him OH a dryed Plum, , ??? when did they change the name, to dryed plums? is the word PRUNE a bad way of saying you need fiber in your diet? hahahaha , are we going to start calling raisins ,dry grapes? this politicaly correct BS , has got to go a Prune is a prune, NOT a dry plum, STUPIDITY & GOVERNMENT CONTROL AT ITS FINEST I have been asked by the local coffee roaster to be the voice of his next radio ad, & of course I accespted , he has now added a line of fresh roasted peanuts almonds & cashues , along with the butters from all of them, so his new add will reflect that, & I will be recording the voice for it some time this week, dammm I miss the radioshow, 4 hours of therapy every day , & I always got the last word on the air anyhow, never get that at home , ( the last word that is ) hahahaha I hope you can read my spelling, I never check it or worry about it , you just figure it out for your self , as you get used to reading it , sooner or later it will all start to make snce, , when that happens you can let me know & try to explane it to ME hahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning, it is Sunday 21 Feb.'10 & the SUN is out here in da Burgh , its just after 10AM & the temp is 33F & climing , the snow is melting & the trees are breaking & the wires are comming down all over the place , we on average get about 40 inches of snow per season, well we have 40 inches all ready just this month , so we are up to our @$$HOLES with snow here , BUt the QtrDeck is warm & inviting, & I will be heading there soon, all I need to do is get this posted & put the Sunday Hunk Of Beef in the oven yes sir then just sit back , enjoy a fine old cigar , a weee dram & some coffee, a little Jazz on the CD player, looks like its going to be a Brubeck day , I feel like a take 5 kind of day right now , but who knows by the time I get out there it might be Vince Garaldi , or Miles Davis , I might even look for the Scott Joplin CD , I havent played it in a long time hey at this point I might end up with Bach, Beethoven & Bennie Goodman for all I know . well do you ? hahahaha With all the snow on the ground & the melt starting , we are in danger of floods & power outages , just like every day here in da burgh, as the old saying goes, if you dont like the weather here just wait 10 minutes or so & you might get some thing you like , sunny on one side of the street & rain on the other , yep thats da burgh with all the snow the parking has been ZERO , well it took the city a few weeks to get some of the streets open , some are still only one lane , cars are burried by TONS of snow that has been plowed up against them, , winter Sucks , so why do I stay here? Only God & my wife have that answer & no one is talking to me ! we were expecting an order to come to the shop last Tuesday, By Friday , still Nada , going to give the factory a call on Monday to see what happened .......... Havent been able to hang out with the grandsons at all this week, just no place to get out to with all the snow , & no parking so no arrests or fines were made this week hahahaha The pot of kona is empty, & I still havent had my Don Carlos #3 , looks like it will get smoked with a pot of Moca Java this morning, well maybe I will just make a second pot of Sunday morning Kona & get out to the QtrDeck & get the sunday morning smoke all fired up , I might even have a weee dram before noon today , hahahah as jimmy buffete said its 5 o'clock some place ,,,,,, yea a little Laphroaig will warm the soul as well as the body hahahahahaha, not that i have a drinking problem, I can still hit the snifter with a wee dram with out spilling any add a drop of water & off to the Qtr.Deck I go , , Family ,Friends & fair health ,coffee, scotch, cigar & music what more could I need ? Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning, it is Sunday 28th & LAST day of Febuary 2010, AMEN, the snowest month on record , here in da Burgh we get about 40 inches of snow per season, well we have over 48 this month alone , we picked up an other 6 last night & will get some more this afternoon, , with snow predicted every day this week, dammmm glad I DONT live in Minnasota or Montana , I dont think I could handle all the snow they get , , WashingtonD.C , Baltamore,Philly, NYC & Boston have got Slammed this winter , worse than us here in da burgh ...... So I guess I shouldnt *** & wine about it like a little girl, BUT its my God Given right as an American to *** & wine about stuff I have no control over , like the weather < BUT I want to *** & wine about stuff I have "some "control over & that is our Government, state , federal, local , VOTE THEM ALL OUT & START ALL OVER AGAIN, thieving bastards, get rich feeding off the public ......... well not so much the locals as we dont pay them anything , but i am sure they get some kind of a deal some place , cant prove it but if there is a hand out I "think "they might find it ! well enough of the filled with rage BS & lets get down to the brass tacks of the posting, the Sunday morning Smoke , the QtrDeck is warming as I type the coffee will be a blend this morning , the kona went well with breakfast, a toasted ( well buttered & placed on the grill to toast) English muffin, a slice of swiss cheese , a slice of tomato , a strip of slab bacon , a dash of hot pepper relish & a fryed egg , sort of my version of the egg mcmuffin, but NOT served in a styroform box. , a hand full of vitimins & minerals , an orange 7 now here I am telling you all about it , there is a HUNK OF P O R K defrosting right now, yes P O R K , , I have No idea what happened but she wanted pork & sweet potatos today , well who am I to ask questions of the boss , she wants I provide, that way there is no arguements ..... so i will make her a pork roast with Gala apples , prunes & the usuall onions carrots & celery , the sweet spuds will get mashed with a little butter & cream & I will add a little hot pepper jelly to the gravy to give it a little kick, so if your in the area look for strapping on the feed bag about 4 Pm today , might pull the cork on a little sparking cider or even a nice bottle of Asti Spumanti , that ought to add a nice contrast to the pork ...... didnt get to spend any time with the grandsons this week as they were busy , I was "Busy" hahaha so no one was arrested this week, How ever i did get to toss a few snowballs at them at the bus stop on morning, had to drive out of my way a few mils but school was delayed 2 hours because of the weather, so had the opertunity to catch them off guard ...... a classic hit & run, I got off 3 snow balls before they turned arround & when they did turn I was all ready heading back to the car , BIG suprise attaic, how ever they were able to land about 6 hits on the car before i was able to get away hahahahahaha ............ the shop wasnt as slow as it has been , there was a flury of buying on Friday for a change with all the snow i thought we would be busy with guys suffering from spending way to much time at home , but it seams like they were enjoys spending time with the wife, hahahaha Yea right , just not allowd out in the bad weather ! , so stock up & smoke in the garage . The Semi honorale Governer , eddie spendelli of Penna. wants a 30% tax on cigars here in the state, well that will sure add to the state income when a lot of places CLOSE , HOW can I justify a 30% tax on top of the 6% sales tax we all ready have plus the s chip fed tex a cheep 3 buck stick will be a 6 buck stick before its all over , who is going to buy a 200 dollar box when it will cost 260 for the same cigars , & I will not be able to buy from holts, famos or Ci as they are in Penna & I would need to pay the tax, unless I get stuff out of Fla. where there is no state exsise tax , Pa & Fla are the only states with out it right now , & fast eddie wants more tax money from us so he is taxing everything that isnt nailed down yet , he wants to tax professional fees like Docs & lawyers, , then turn arround & tax them as it is income , tax on a tax, , , , , , SHOOT THE GREEDY BASTARDS !!!!!( not realy I know shoothing them is not right , BUT what they are doing is not right , so VOTE THE BASTARDS OUT ) , we need a few rough & tumble NUNs to get in there & straighten out the congress , Slap a few nuckles with that ruller , tell ms policy & mr reed to get out of Dodge & dont come back, & DONT use an Airforce jet to get out of town , FLY on your own broom stick ! , dammm do I sound bitter? well , I have a lot more to say But I dont have the time , right now I have a pot of moca java , a God of Fire Calling my name as well as a pork roast to take care of so I better get going, ENJOY, VINCE
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Florida doesn't have an income tax either; an unusually cold winter is one where it's 50F or 60F during the day and 30F at night . . . just sayin'

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Not to make you feel bad or anything but I have a brown lawn right now in MN since you are stealing all our snow. MN averages 35 inches per year in the southern part of the state so you actually get more than some parts of MN. The northern part avarages 70 inches.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Florida doesn't have an income tax either; an unusually cold winter is one where it's 50F or 60F during the day and 30F at night . . . just sayin'

, but in the summer I only use the A/c a few weeks in july aug & sept.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Not to make you feel bad or anything but I have a brown lawn right now in MN since you are stealing all our snow. MN averages 35 inches per year in the southern part of the state so you actually get more than some parts of MN. The northern part avarages 70 inches.
    You are welcome But if you want it Come & take it away ! hahaha Enjoy,Vince
  • Options
    Good morning, it is Sunday 7 March 2010 a cool bright morning here in da Burgh, the snow is slowly melting & there is grass showing in places in the yard, the big piles that were shoveled are shrinking & now you can see over top of them when backing out of the drive way ......... looks like Big Ben has found more trouble with a young lady ....... if it has tires or *** , sooner or later it will give you trouble , & the ladys will say if it has tires or testicals it will give you trouble , so we all loose on that one ..... a slight change in todays menu, beef will be at the center of the plate but today it will be in the form of a marinated strip steak,, a side of onions & peppers that will be carmelized & some white corn that will be steamed , also a pot of vegtables beef soup will get simmering some time after breakfast, should be ready for the first course about 4/4:30.......... the boss is a little upset this past week, not feeling well & my attatude has been rather glum , I guess the weather is getting to all of us , but the sun is out & I plan on a little walk in the sun today, , the sunshine should do us good, but how do i get her to put down the Sunday paper , as that is her rutine every Sunday , cover to cover read the paper , , , I guess i am sounding like a broken record, sales are slow the sunday coffee is kona & the cigar is Don Carlos, beef to eat (most of the time ) & the antics of the grandsons, ..... not much chnges from week to week , we just get OLDER & dammmm I am feeling old this morning , creeking joints sore mussels & a foggy brain... that just about sums it up ........ dammm had I known I was going to live this long I might have taken better care of this body hahahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vince O:
    the sunshine should do us good
    its been a long time coming.
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 14 March 2010 , the clocks "sprang " forward & we all lost an hour of much needed beauty sleep hahahaha , we have had a great week here in da Burgh most of the snow is GONE, I can see grass in my yard, But the melting snow along with the rain has made a real mess for the people living near the rivers & streams , High water all over the area , there is a medow i pass every day on my way to work with a small stream winding through it , well it looks like a lake today , the temps have been fine, 50& 60 during the days & high 30 low 40 at night, no freezing so we have been getting a lot of melting snow all day & night , walking in my yard is like staning on wet sponges as you step the water squishes out from under your feet , the birds are loving it as the worms are all out of the ground, , come to think of it so are the fishermen, easy access to bait !, only bad thing about the warm weather is that it brings us closser to grass cutting season ! , NEXT MOVE will be some place with out a lawn to cut, or maybe I can hire a grandson or 2 to take care of the yard, they are 12 & 14 , no reason there OLD GRANDMOTHER should be out cutting grass & trimming , God knows I will NOT be doing it if I can find some one else to do it hahahaha ................. the Humidor has been getting a little light over the winter as i have been smoking but not buying much of anything so the stock pile has dwindled to an alarming low amount, leaving me to suffer through the prime stock i have been hoarding for years right now i have a casa fuente at the ready, no Don Carlos #3 this morning , all GONE !!! OH the horror of it all !!! from a 2 year supply ( 24 Boxes ) to ZERO in just a few short years , But i did save a lot of $$$$$$$ , now I need to replace it at the new higher price so now i will be spending a lot more than i saved, , looks like I am taking financial advice from the federal government , welcome to the poor house !, I have even skipped the Sunday morning kona today & went with a pappa new guinea, with a med dark roast mixed with 40% medium light roast of the same , not as grand as the Kona but not a bad mix at all, the casa fuente should go with it verrrrry well, but then a casa fuente will go well with a cup of cold water providing there is a snifter of single malt whisky next to it hahahaha................... Breakfast this morning was a bed of red onions & red bell peppers tossed with a little EVOO & cooked till soft, the dinner link sausage was split open & taken out of the casings & browned with the peppers & onions a handfull of aged pecereno romano & regeano parmagino were added to the beaten eggs with a few sliced tomatoes on the side , & breakfast was served, & since there was pork sausage left over , it will go with todays PORK ROAST , NO BEEF Again , last weeks NY strip steaks were grand, , cooked on the grill till just a nice pink center was calling out , HEY fatty I'M DONE N O W !!!!!, ahhh yes it was good..... but the pork roast today will be slightly different, the standard carrots celery & onions with a few sliced apples & some prunes will go in the cast iron pot but the left over sausage will also go in for the added flavor ( FAT ) , should be ready about 4 pm if your in the area stop in for a bite !!!........... Thursday I took the older grandson to his school for a student poetry reading............. dammmmm those kids are Dark & forboding, talking about death & lonelyness , dark & miserable living conditions, standing there with a 300 dollar I phone in there pocket of the 100 buck rinestone bluejeans , the 200 bucks for the latest air jordans & a hand painted t shirt sighned by andy warhall , Oh yea mom drover her here in a Landrover or a BMW , yea they know about the life on the hard side of the tracks , BUNCH OF LIBERAL WEENIES , dammm I told my self not to go there but dammm it just came out , I wonder what they would be like had they WORKED for the stuff there parents shove up there **** ? , sure my parents helped me up to a point , But I never took advantage of the love I got , I put in plenty of time in my grandmothers kitchen learning the trade, for no pay at all, & LOVED doing it , now the kids dont put down the X box or PS3 unless there is cash involved & how much cash is also a prime factor, 5 bucks , no I think I will just stay on the xbox , 10 buks maybe, 20 bucks is getting closserto my liking but for 50 they will even shut off the TV for a half an hour, I got 5 cents an hour on my first paying job( I was only 5 at the time ) but it was my first pay & I remember it like it was last night , how ever what happend last night I have no idea hahahaha well its back to the kitchen to get the pork started, then to the shower for a quick rince wash & set , then to the QtrDeck & a long chat with a casa fuente corona & maybe a Padron maduro anniv. Principe after the pork, yea that sounds like a game plan ... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning, it is Sunday , 21 March ,2010 ..... a fine morning here in da Burgh the First Sunday of spring, & pot roaAGAIN, dammm I thought I had her ready for something else but I see a pot roast defrosting & what the BOSS wants the BOSS gets hahahahaha , its so much easyer that way, hahahaha , she went to a local fund raiser for the ladys club of center twp. yesterday with our daughter, & her sister , a lunch of chicken salid on a cressaunt , some sliced fruit & a fashion show for the spring & summer line from some boutiqueat the local mall, & barb won a door prize from the local coffee roaster who I just made there last radio advertisement for , so she has a ton of new coffees to try , & the only "Flavoried " coffee was a Vermont Maple that she made for breakfast this morning, a little sweet for my tadte buds & way to sweet for a cigar , as the maple flavor would even cover a kuba kuba & I dont see me smoking any flavored or infused cigars any time soon, if given the choice between a flavored cigar or nothing , I will take the nothing ( the same for coffee, but I had no voice in the matter this morning , it was made & in my cup before I had any idea , well wonce I had it in my mouth it was to late to say no thanks, but its not as bad as it sounds , , I will be washing out the coffee mug before i fire up the sunday morning kona FOR Sure !!! #2 grandson has a case of strep so he is down & out for the week, the kid is a scrapper for sure, he is sleeping with the video game controler in his hand ready to strike when ever the bad guys pop up on the screen...... looks like he will be on the couch the rest of the week, & the entire time #1 grandson is saying hes not sick, hes faking it so he can stay home from school, but I havent ever seen a 12 year old sleep 12 hours at a time with out being sick, not eating & not wanting to talk as his throat is fire engine red & sore , i just hope Barb dosent get it & I have a little tickel in my throat my self, BUT I think a fine OLD cigar is just what the doc might order & I have a fine Old stick all ready picked out ,a Cigar thats been in my humidor since 1995 & I have 6 of them left a churchill size Remodios ( not sure of the spelling on this one ) H3LL I'M never sure of the spelling of half the stuff i write about ! hahaha one of these days i will get arround to using my spell check, its in the computer but I havent figured out how to access it yet, why take the time when I can keep you all gusing what the h3ll I am talking about hahahaha Last night we went for a short cigar ride , & great time looking at the stars thought the open sun roof , well since it was at night a Moon roof , the coffee was from CHARBUCK$ & I was smoking a a Fine stick from Don Gonzalezes , a double wrapped maduro churchill , one of the best cigars I have had & I have had some great smokes in my life but his stuff is great, he is a small boutique line from Southbeach & his maduro is a must have for my humidor& it should be for yours if your into a great maduro hahaha ............. there is still a lot of snow in the parking lots that hasnt melted yet, the grass is all clear but the big piles in the lots that get a short supply of direct sun seam to be holding on the water fills the poyholes & you dont see them till its to late , bammmm time for a new tire & rim , I hate the cast alcoa wheels , just to soft for the pot holes , sure they look great but being in the trunk with the little mini spare on the car isnt getting it done hahahaha , But I dont change tires any more , I call the tow truck & have them fix it or replace it let the insurance company deal with them, thats what I pay for road hazzard coverage ............ well I need to get to the kitchen , Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    I was out this past weekend for a wedding in Philadelphia. The weather was beautiful. Didn't get a chance to enjoy too many cigars over the weekend but i did go to Holtz Cigar Shop. Must've been the biggest walk-in humi that i have ever seen. I wish i would have had a chance to go to mahogany on walnut but time was limited. Ended up buying a pack of CAO Brazilia cigarillos and they were a great smoke for out front of the hotel. I really enjoyed my stay.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    PM to you Vince
  • Options
    Good morning , it is sunday 28 march 2010, a cool wet morning here in da Burgh, 45F in the Qtr.Deck this morning, the heat is on & the beef is in the oven, sounds like any other sunday here at casa vince & it is , working , sleeping, eating , taking a bathroom break here & there & thats about it , well I do get to enjoy a cigar here & there & a weee dram now & then, with a lot of fresh brewd coffee a little music on the CD player & thats my life in a nutshell .................. Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    dammm thats was short & sweet
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    PM to you Vince
    back to you
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    What's with the Reader's Digest version, lol. I always look forward to your posts...I feel... shorted.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Hi Vince - I stumbled upon your posts while perusing through all the available information on these forums. Just wanted to tell you I enjoy your posts. Any onions or carrots with the beef?
  • Options
    Dark Roast:
    Hi Vince - I stumbled upon your posts while perusing through all the available information on these forums. Just wanted to tell you I enjoy your posts. Any onions or carrots with the beef?
    you bet, onions garlic, carrots,celery,seasoned with what ever falls out of the spice cabnet, some home made beef stock, & the potato's go arround the hunk of beef about 90 minutes , should be out of the oven about 4PM, stop if your in the area
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Vince O:
    Dark Roast:
    you bet, onions garlic, carrots,celery,seasoned with what ever falls out of the spice cabnet, some home made beef stock, & the potato's go arround the hunk of beef about 90 minutes , should be out of the oven about 4PM, stop if your in the area
    Now that sounds tasty!
  • Options
    Vince O:
    Dark Roast:
    Home made beef stock! Garlic! That is a chef's secret to many a tasty meal. I love your selection of spices too! I'm 30 minutes south of Chicago Il. Do you live anywhere near! Like within 200 miles! Lol Sounds like you got one tender, moist and flavorful dinner brewing! Hope it was great!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Vince O:
    Good morning , it is sunday 28 march 2010, a cool wet morning here in da Burgh, 45F in the Qtr.Deck this morning, the heat is on & the beef is in the oven, sounds like any other sunday here at casa vince & it is , working , sleeping, eating , taking a bathroom break here & there & thats about it , well I do get to enjoy a cigar here & there & a weee dram now & then, with a lot of fresh brewd coffee a little music on the CD player & thats my life in a nutshell .................. Enjoy, Vince
    Holy cow Vince...what the heck happened here? I look forward to your rambling posts every week - they give me my grammar **** fix! lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Vince O:
    Sandman1am:
    PM to you Vince
    back to you
    And one back at cha! I'm in the same boat as these guys are Vince, was looking forward to your post. Can't help but feel empty. Guess there is next week.
  • Options
    GOOD MORNING, IT IS SUNDAY ,,,EASTER SUNDAY, 4th of April,2010.... A wonderful spring morning here in da burgh, the sky is blue the birds are singing , the coffee is Kona & the cigar is a padron anniv,1964 principe maduro , the ham is in the oven I wanted to do lamb but I was out voted 1 to 1 , seams like a tie to me but she wins all ties , just like the house playing blackjack , but she has much better odds as I have lost with my 19 to her 18 on many occations hahahahaa , you married guys understand that logic dont you < hahaha & you single guys, welllllll youl just have to learn it the hard way hahahaha, I have always thought of my self as Cigar dave puts it an ALFA MALE , never been oprified to my understanding, but when PUSH comes to shove I guess i am a wipped pup ........ but she treats me so well i have no complaints , this morning there was a gift pack on the breakfast table, a sampler pack of 5 vegas & a sampler pack of mixed vintage & producers from all over central americia,,,, she always takes care of me & she gets taken care of by me , i have always been in the kitchen ( execpt to clean up ) hahaha & this August it will be 40 years, so she lets me have my way most of the time & I never tell her she cant do anything she wants but for Cigeretts , I just cant stand the smell of burning paper, & JUNK tobacco , but give me a silky soft aroma of a fine cigar & I am in heaven, , ahhh yea a sip of coffee, a snif of scotch & a fine cigar , ...... explative deleted ....... dammmm thats great ! well the ham has been soaking for 4 days & went in the oven a few minuts ago, it will come out about 3:30 for a little glaze & we should be sitting down about 4 , a yam cassarol & a mixed veg compote will accompany the left hip main course , might even pop the cork on a 2002 Mumms ....... the shop has picked up a little but not what it should be , still looking for that 1K day, came close friday , but this aint horseshoes or hand granades & close just dont count ......... with all the flu bugs going in & out of the schools , I havent been able to get much time with the grandsons, one or the other has been suffering with some kind of bug, passing it back & forth to the rest of us & the mutt, the big baby , 180 pound of LAP dog , he thinks hes a little mex hairless that tips the scales at 3 pounds ,,,, stupid as he is strong , kind of like Jethrow Bodeen from the Beverly hillbillys .... note to all you young people, the beverly hillbillys was a tv show back before color tv was standard & we watch tv in black & whites with shades of gray to contrast, way back before you were born, there was no cable TV, every one had an antena on the roof , seams like a long time ago BEFORE MTV there was this little thing called a RADIO & big vinal disc called a RECORD. but I digress ...... we did hit a new all time high temp here for the date it was a tropical 85 here on Thursday , but we are looking for a high today of 74 , very Comfortable & the kid of day you want to kick back in the hammock but there are no leaves on the trees to give you shade so the hammock will stay folded till the shade factor kicks in hahahaha . well its time for a cigar & a second pot of kona this morning , a Blessed Easter&Passover to you all . Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Vince - Thanks for being part of my day! Ham sounds great! Lamb would have been good too! I bet you can cook up one heck of a Leg! Happy Easter!
  • Options
    Dark Roast:
    Vince - Thanks for being part of my day! Ham sounds great! Lamb would have been good too! I bet you can cook up one heck of a Leg! Happy Easter!
    I have been known to cook up a great leg , but I like the rack myself, olive oil rosemary garlic, a little salt & pepper, with a light mustard seed crust, HEAVEN!, enjoy, Vince