Home General Discussion
Options

Sunday Morning smoke , & news from the Kitchen Table

Comments

• Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    Good morning, it is Sunday the 16th of May 2010, a wonderful spring morning here in Pittsburgh, Hockey season has ended here in da burgh as the Pens got crushed in game 7 of the Semifinals , the last hockey game to be played in the old Arena , next season they will be playing in a new building just over the hill from the old one, personally I have no idea why they built a new one to play in so the old building was 50 years old 7 the seating was limitited but they sold out the house for every home game , but its just our TAX dollars at work, we had a beautiful baseball football statium, 3 rivers statium, the athority still owed 29Million buks on the structure when it was torn down to make room for the 2 new statiums, one for baseball & one for football, , both are wonderful buildings , but there was nothing wrong with the old one , government & big business spending our tax dollars , greeeedy bastards all of them ! well I had a birth day last week, , looks like I made it an other year , smoked a few fine cigars had some cake & went to bed early, , dammm just like every other day but for the cake hahahaha , seams just like yesterday I was on my tricicle bouncing down the basement steps , Oh yea it was hahahaha , at my age I dont heal as fast as I did when I was 6 hahahahaha or even 60 for that matter ...... I have a pork roast on right now, a stuffing of apples celery carots & onions , flavored with a little sage , quick & easy , in the oven on a low setting & let it cook all day , there will be some mashed yams for a side dish, a sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg on top of them a bottle of red wine & we should be just fine ... the shop had a fair week, & Great friday pulled out what might have been a bad week sales wise to a good one , & I worked a half day & saturday as my wife & I had tickets to a play , we saw BYE BYE Birdy a musical about the millitary drafting of a rock & roll star , his manager ( a real Mommas boy , his secetery, & a family in some rural town where the rock star has a fan club & all the teen aged girls & boys to go along with it , a great show in a wonderfull theaterby a tallented bunch well worth the 20 bucks a seat even if they were the cheepest seats in the place , I saw the same show as the big wigs in the tux's & gowns spending a few hundred a seat just to be seen by the other patrons of the show, God Bless them, all as they have the money to spend & they do , IF I had that kind of cash I might just do the damm same thing hahahahah , money makes the world go round for sure, , well i have a lot to do this day, & this isnt getting me any closer to the Don Carlos #3 or that pot of Kona I did make a pot of moca java for breakfast, , a nice thick slice of bacon & an egg slid down the gullet with out any problems, a left over slice of birthday cake instead of toast was a different take on the egg for sure ! , I will be picking up both grandsons this afternoon heading out for our weekly adventure & attact of the junk food vendors , hahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 23 May 2010 , a foggy cool morning here in Da Burgh , Yesterday was the Western Pa Cigar Crawl , about 50 of us on a bus stopping at a few selected cigar shops & eating, drinking ourselves into obivion, this is our 12 year & it was one of the best so far , I was able to "stock up " on a few cigars , got to try some stuff I hadn't had in the past, got to sample a few NEW blends, & Drank a lot of Coffee & scotch , dammmm it was just like being at work hahahaha , today we are all getting together at Slippery Rock Cigars to detox & eat asprins & maybe smoke a few more & drink a lot more & maybe just fall a sleep under a tree , the web site for the cigar crawl is www.cigarcrawl.com there will be links to the photos soon, & some from past adventures into the debachery that happens on the bus , there were no fights or arguements this year untill I removed a box of cigars from some one during the door prize session, he got all upset, swore at me said he would never spend an other dime at my shop, well in the 3 years we have been open he has been there ONE time , when this guy lost his job , I gave him cigars all the time , I gave him everything from an opus X to a Cuban monte #2 , & when he won a box at the dinner I could have chosen anything that had previous winners got or take whats behind the curtain, well a known prixe is better that a guess, so I went for the box of la travatia that was sitting in front of this lump, , I dont mind helping out a friend or a stranger but this guy just has no class & isnt able to say a simple Thank you, well pay backs are a *** & last night I got a little payback, but he did end up with a box of cigars , just not as good as he wanted, it was the LUCK of the draw.... the day was wet , it rained all day & we had to keep the roof vents closed on the bus whitch made the bus a weee bit smokey at times hahaha, yea like from the time we giot on the bus till we got off ! the shops we went to were glad to see all of us , hummms lets see 50 guys all spending an average of 50 bucks a person thats a good day in any cigar shop, every one was giving at lest 10% off what ever you got & one place was discounting 30% on box sales , I ended up with just under 100 sticks for the day , it was a good day for sure, ,,,,,, last week there was a little Piano recitial for the students at the home of the teacher, , we heard a range of tallent from twinkle little star played by a 6 year old girl to a masters rendition of of a Rockmonanov piece that I dont remember the name of by the instructor it was a great evening .... I am not cooking today, we are having left over Stuffed Peppers & I plan on getting a nap this afternoon in the hamock when i get to the shop in Slippery Rock .... right now , I NEED a shower , I reek of smoke & scotch, N O T thats its a BAD THING hahahahaha , more news form the burgh Next Sunday with the Lord willing ... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    quite an adventure. I'd love to smoke and drink on the job, that's living!
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday , 30 May ,2010, a HOT & Humid morning here in da burgh, the coffee that is filling my cup is Sumatra & the kona is ready to brew next .Breakfast was a bacon & egg on a toasted muffin, a little melted swiss cheese ,vine ripe tomato a spoonfull of red pepper relish& a dash of celery seed , all fallowed up with a ice cold gala apple dipped in peanut & cashew butter , there went todays calories !!!! , but I have some home made hot sausage ready to hit the grill some time this afternoon, with this being the "OFFICIAL" start of summer , the Memorial day weekend , I have NOTHING planned , just going to sit on the back deck, pull the cork on a bottle of single malt , brew up a lot of coffee & S M O K E a lot of cigars , If I could get away with it I would not even put any pants on, just the jocky shorts, dont want to stick to the chairs hahahaha . it has been a verrrry warm & humid week at the cigar shop, , but withthe fans turning at high speed it keeps the smoke moving out the open doors but makes a real mess on the floor & not to mention the bad burn you get sitting in the wind, , ashes every place you look, just more work for me , not that I do all that much anyway hahahaha . I did get a new Gas Grill for the back deck, it will get a realy good work out today , sausage & corn are on the menu & all will be fire roasted , a little Pre lighting to the grill is to take it back appart & wash the grates & season them, a good salt rub to get off any high spots & grind it down to a smooth finishe , get it hot & seal it with a dab of cooking oil & then its time to cook, a few onions & some peppers , just dont be down wind of me later hahaha The grandsons are off with there father this weekend , so I will not be corrupting any children this weekend, hey they are 12 & 14 , I was a cigar smoker by the time I was 15, & it hasnt hurt me other than it has DRAINED my cash reserves , BUT it has given me pleasures far beyond what it cost in hard cold cash, the friends I have made, the doors that it has opened , it was worth 100 times what I spent on the cigars & pipes , now as I look back on my life & remember all the great times I had Very few didnt have a cigar in the memorie........ Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Vince, whats the name of your shop in the burg? I think my uncle popped in there a few weeks ago while he was travelling through visiting family.
  • Options
    Kiing Beaver cigars 1106 Pennsylvania Ave Monaca Pa 15061 724-774-5166 closed Sunday & mondays (till football season ) , open at Noon or when ever i get my lazy @$$ there to get open, close any time after 5 but no later than 7 weeknights but Friday I am there till 10 maybe 11 , saturday I get out of the shop about 5, if the place is empty or full , , when its closing time I lock the humidors & go last one out locks the door, , stay all night if you want, just CLEAN UP your mess Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Vince O:
    Kiing Beaver cigars 1106 Pennsylvania Ave Monaca Pa 15061 724-774-5166 closed Sunday & mondays (till football season ) , open at Noon or when ever i get my lazy @$$ there to get open, close any time after 5 but no later than 7 weeknights but Friday I am there till 10 maybe 11 , saturday I get out of the shop about 5, if the place is empty or full , , when its closing time I lock the humidors & go last one out locks the door, , stay all night if you want, just CLEAN UP your mess Enjoy, Vince

How close are you to Pittsburg? Im heading over there in August.

• Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Vince O:
    so I will not be corrupting any children this weekend, hey they are 12 & 14 , I was a cigar smoker by the time I was 15, & it hasnt hurt me other than it has DRAINED my cash reserves , BUT it has given me pleasures far beyond what it cost in hard cold cash, the friends I have made, the doors that it has opened , it was worth 100 times what I spent on the cigars & pipes , now as I look back on my life & remember all the great times I had Very few didnt have a cigar in the memorie........ Enjoy, Vince
    I can't wait to give my nephew his first cigar, first beer, first dram of scotch, all the good stuff! But he is only eight months old so I guess I'll have to wait a while. I started smoking cigars at 14 and am just fine!!! Totally agree that the benefits FAR outweigh the cost. Money is replaceable but those memories are one of a kind!!
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Vince O:

How close are you to Pittsburg? Im heading over there in August.

Ahhh that would be PITTSBURGHHHHHHH , there is an H , hahahaha & we are about 20minutes NW of the point , we are on state route51 , thats Penns.ave in the town of Monaca
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    Vince O:
    so I will not be corrupting any children this weekend, hey they are 12 & 14 , I was a cigar smoker by the time I was 15, & it hasnt hurt me other than it has DRAINED my cash reserves , BUT it has given me pleasures far beyond what it cost in hard cold cash, the friends I have made, the doors that it has opened , it was worth 100 times what I spent on the cigars & pipes , now as I look back on my life & remember all the great times I had Very few didnt have a cigar in the memorie........ Enjoy, Vince
    I can't wait to give my nephew his first cigar, first beer, first dram of scotch, all the good stuff! But he is only eight months old so I guess I'll have to wait a while. I started smoking cigars at 14 and am just fine!!! Totally agree that the benefits FAR outweigh the cost. Money is replaceable but those memories are one of a kind!!
    8 months old , damm got to hold off on the cigar at lest a year, the beer & scotch , well when he starts getting the first teeth, a few drops of scotch rubbed on the gums will work WONDERS hahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 6 June,2010 a warm humid morning here in da burgH , yes PITTSBURGH there is the letter H at the end of the burgh , I have no idea why thet bugs me when I see Pittsburgh with out the H , I am a very poor speller as you might have noticed had you been reading my BS over a long peroid of time .... but when I dont see the H I think they are talking about some other city there are pittsburg's in Alabama & California, that do not have the H maybe a few more i dont know about , hey there are a lot of things i dont know anything about, just ask my wife hahahaha I found a new bread in the market , a dark German rye bread with a lot of caraway, & other seeds, in the mix, its like some one spilled a bag of bird seed in the mix, , I have no idea whats in it , but as long as they make it & slice it for me I will contue to buy it . toasts well & freeze's well,has a nice nutlike flavor , holds up well in the microwave when i melt cheese on it , A bit pricy at 3.29 a loaf , for the size of the loaf ... but the taste is worth it to me . we have been getting a lot of HEAVY weather here the past few days we are sitting out a toranado alert right now , I just checked the radar at the airport & there are a lot of heavy showers & lightning strikes off to my soutwest heading right tward me, , we had a line go through about an hour ago & this one isnt as wide as the last but more lightning with this one , hummm mabe i can get the 2 iron out & a few balls in the rain hahahaha I have a pot of moca java to finish & a pot of kona wating for me & my good friend Don Carlos III, But I have a special anouncement as far as my Morning smoke , it has been over 10 years now that i have been having a dc3 for my moring smoke but I have started to smoke a new one not every day but I am enjoying a CAO La Travitia corona , a change to the DC3 not to replace it but to allow it to take a well erned rest & just after a 2 day break the DC3 was right back where i wanted that taste profile to be , I am going to try a 5 day regiment of the CAO & see what i get when I get back to Don Carlos 3...... this moring I have a very easy day planed , the local store front Church /Coffeeshop is having a spagetti dinner today as a fundraiser for thier mission to Central Americia , well anytime I can sponcer anyone going to a cigar making country carring a diplomatic passport ( not subject to customs inspection on the return) , welllll you get the idea hahaha , so I eat a little pasta & make a donation to the trip , then I give him an envelope to remember me with a shopping list & cash , good thing he is a cigar smoking scotch drinking man of the cloth ! , AMEN to that !!! the gradsons have been busy getting ready to end the school year & getting the back yard pool ready for the season, , I have no idea why they shut it down in the winter, just fire up the heater & swimm all winter, so what if its zero out, if the water is warm hahahahaha the shop has been slow this past week , however the number of cheep sticks has gone down & the higher priced stuff is selling slightly better , more money in the till but the markup is less on the high end vs. the moderate priced cigars , I can get away with the manufactures seggested retale on them as its the same in any shop, but to sell the high end stuff i cant sell them with out a small price cut , more cash in but more cash out to replace the stock ..... a fine line between the buying & selling , driven by PROFIT ahhh yes capitialisum , it sure has state run stuff beat all to H3LL , but as the founders of Democractic government system, the Greeks have slid into scoiciaisum, I fear the USA is heading in that direction, way to many social programs, & WAY to much welfair , , a guy came in the shop this past week with an Access (welfair )credit card & wanted to buy a box of cigars , dammmm what to do , I am Paying for them with my tax money , & the liberal say well just because they are unemployed why shoulnt they enjoy a FINE cigar if thats what they want, BUT the same liberal will also say dont smoke, in the next breath, well I didnt take the card or make the sale, , am I stupid for doing that ? its not my place to tell a perfect stranger that he should get a job & then come back with cash , had the guy been a regular or at lest occasional , but he has never been in the shop before , i guess with the access(welfare) card he has started living better than he did when he had a job.... .... or am I the fool for not making the sale & embarrising a lotal stranger, now he might never come back , oh its not my fault I got fired, just because I drug & booze habbit & got canned, its not my fault, BS .... I dont know , to many liberals out there beating my ears with a constant hammering , give them a hand up, well in the past i did a few time only to have them step on my hand as they climed over me taking the hadout of some one higher up the food chain, , , , , only to see them right back in the gutter 6 months later, am I bitter, ??? I dont know for sure ,, should I be ??? , I look at MY life, on the whole I am happy with where I am & who I am , I worked Hard, holding maulti jobs at the same time, working & learning to better my self at every turn in the road, when I was able I helped younger people learn from me & am proud of what I did so there is no reason for me to feel bad, about NOT selling a box of cigars to a guy on welfare , you know if it had been a run of the mill every day smoke I might have done it, but a Box of Montecristo 75th anniv. cigars was way out of my price rage to use for an every day smoke, he was celebrating one year of Unemployment & boasting about it , dammmm it still ticks me off. , now my stomach is tied up in knots & I need to relax, take a good dump & flush all this worry away , light up a Fine old cigar maybe a contraband R&J , that has been hitting the surface of my humidor for the past week or so , maybe a CAO , or my buddy Don Carlos 3, just like a kid in a candy store, I want them ALL ! hahahah Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good Morning, it is Sunday 13 June 2010 a warm wet humid day here in da Burgh , we had a lot rain & a lot of wind damage in the area, last night but I slept right through it , my wife told me all about it this morning , again & again ....... dammm so it rained ,,, but let me tell you about it again..... we got up & went to subway for breakfast, a steak egg & cheese omlet in a flat bread, dammm what a breakfast, I wasnt able to finish it all, , better than Mcdonalds breakfast by far ...... , I lucked out 7 didnt have to cook this morning , BUT I have a few thick cut porkchops dry rubbed over night & now in a wet marinade , they will go on the smoker soon, should be ready late this afternoon , Brown rice with chicken stock , a bit of veggies chopped fine in the mix, & who knows what I will find in the fridge or pantry, OHH YEA Peaches on the grill, , slice them in half, pop out the stone, add a dab of butter, a sprinkle of sugar, a grind of fresh nutmeg & cinnamon, wrap them in foil, plop the package on the top rack away from the direct heat & in about 20/25 minutes you have a slice of hot peach pie with out the crust ! This mornings cigar was a change up, I passed on the traditional Don Carlos #3 & went for the CAO La Travatia corona , & the coffee this mnorning is not the Sunday morning kona but I went with the Pappa New Ginney, the cigar is a slam dunk with the coffee, , my taste buds didnt miss the Don Carlos or the kona, , so breakfast was a hit & I didnt have to lift a finger, just pull out the money clip, , dammm I like this , so much easyer, than doing it yourself, , well there are some things you enjoy doing yourself, but dammmm , its nice having it done for you hahahaha ( & TOO YOU HAHAHA) the shop had a fair week, , a little slow at times but with all the graduation partys, & celebration cigars going out the door the higher priced stuff went out in abundance this past week, & everyone had ID , & I was a happy camper selling the $30.00 sticks to the first time cigar smokers , hey why not start off with the best cigar ( well most expencive ) in the house , speaking of graduations, grandson #2 "graduated" from 6th grade & will be going to JR High next year,, dammm a graduation program for 6th graders........ you got me on that one, !, anything to have a party , hey I 'm in !!! pool party next saturday at my daughter place , your all invited ! , thats about all I have right now, I have a Maduro Principe Padron 64 anniv, calling to me from the Qtr.Deck, the A/C is cranked up & ready to go ,it is down to 75F in the Qtr.Deck, it was 82F when I turned it on about 25 minutes ago ... Time to fire up a cigar sip a little more coffee, & maybe a weeee dram might just set it all up for a nice relaxing afternoon in the Qtr.deck a little jazz in the background , maybe a nap in is store for me later hahahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 20 June 2010 a made up holiday by the greating card companys , , Fathers day, dammm I thought fathers day was any day 9 months before mothers day ! hahahah, well I was rewarded with a 12 pack of white cloud bathroom tissue from my duaghter , as I always complaine about the brand she has at home, leaving my tender bottom all rough & red hahahaha yea like I looked hahaha , well over the years I have always joked with her that when she lived at home she got to use the good stuff, but now that she is paying for it her self, she gets the cheep sandpaper like stuff , I have even got the grandsons to complain to her , , so now I have this 12 pack of PRIME SOFT ABSORBANT bathroom tissue that I will leave at her place & I am the only one to use it , till they run out of the bargain stuff anyhow hahahaha , But she did get me a nice lighter , picnic knife & a bag of polished rocks to add to the drinks, with out diluting the great whisky, give it a chill with out watering it down, so now scotch on the rocks will be just that , I put them in the freezer & will be "testing" them tonight ............report to fallow next week if I remember hahaha ............ Since it is a "Holiday" I have elected to pass on cooking today, leaving to keys to the kitchen to the wife, she also passed on cooking & made reservations some place , so it looks like I will be paying for my Fathers day supper along with hers hahahaha , as always , you know I think it might have been cheeper not to get married at all , just get a hooker every few days , they never have a headache !!!!!! but then I would have never had any grandsons , dammm come to think of it they are expencive also ..... hahaha well i guess its all worth it , what would I do with out them ????? Since I have been posting this Sunday morning BS , going back almost to the begining of having an internet conectionI have been smoking a Don Carlos #3 with coffee after breakfast , & have been searching for a comperable morning smoke that will not break the bank , I just might have found it , the CAO LaTravitia corona ........ I will give it a few more days & then go back to the #3 for a comparison, but at half the price I think I have a winner here !!!! This morning my wife made a pot of Indian malibar coffee, smooth, & tasty but not the Kona I was looking for this morning, so the next pot will be kona & the La travitia, this will be the first kona trial with it , so far its worked with the Columbian & the Papa Malau, & is just fine with the decalf expresso at midinght ,last night, I got 4 shots from starbucks just before they closed , a cigar changed hands & the coffee was free, dammm I love free coffee, hahahaha , but the cigar cost 12 bucks retail & ...... well I guess I did pay for the coffee one way or the other, , BUT I have a new customer at the shop, ...... Tell a friend advertising, it is the best form of advertising, not any easy one to track, you never know if its working unless they tell you, but it helps the bottom line & promotes the shop. I am taking the 12 Y.O. grandson to the movies to see Marmaduke, he ia great dane & my grandson has a mastiff but both are HUGE dogs so I think he will enjoy it , I cant imagine a theater full of kids but it might be OK ... I hope , this time I will set in the center of the row, & I will be the one getting up 5 times to go to the bathroom...... seams like when I sit on the end I never need to go hahahahaha ............ not much else to tell you about this week, enjoy the 90F temp outside, i will be in the A/C Qtr.Deck when we get back from eating later day, looks like its a contraband R&J dbl.corona after we eat, right now the pot of kona is almost ready & the la travitia needs V cut .... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Sounds Marvelous
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    You know this is one of your more random moments... lol.
    Also good call on the V-cut.

• Options
    I've never done the V-cut before. Come to think of it, I've never even seen a V-cut tool.
  • Options
    Jumper:
    I've never done the V-cut before. Come to think of it, I've never even seen a V-cut tool.
    It cuts a cats eye in a corona & a deep V in a torp, I use it more than my Xicar Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Vince O:
    Jumper:
    It cuts a cats eye in a corona & a deep V in a torp, I use it more than my Xicar Enjoy, Vince
    Thanks. I'll have to look into that.
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    My local B&M has a pretty gnarly looking V-cutter they sell, but I can't imagine ever using it personally. Of course, I really love my Xikar so I'm fairly biased /shrug
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    My local B&M has a pretty gnarly looking V-cutter they sell, but I can't imagine ever using it personally. Of course, I really love my Xikar so I'm fairly biased /shrug
    I like the V cut a lot , as you smoke the cigar & chew it a bit , it gets bigger & soon looks like a flat cut, but by then My flat cuts need clipped again, as I chew way to much , bad habbit I have had for years 7 find it hard to stop, , I guess it was all the years of smoking a pipe when I was in the Navy, didnt have space to haul a few hundred cigars on a cruse..... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Vince O:
    GadwinDuil:
    I like the V cut a lot , as you smoke the cigar & chew it a bit , it gets bigger & soon looks like a flat cut, but by then My flat cuts need clipped again, as I chew way to much , bad habbit I have had for years 7 find it hard to stop, , I guess it was all the years of smoking a pipe when I was in the Navy, didnt have space to haul a few hundred cigars on a cruse..... Enjoy, Vince
    I'll end up getting a V-cut eventually I'm sure - as I have a bullet and a Xikar already. I started with a guillotine cutter and moved to a punch, then went back to guillotine... I'm sure one of these days I'll switch to a V-cut for a bit! lol
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 27 june 2010 a hot humid morning here in da Burgh , as I went out to the end of the drive way to get the morning paper i was hit with the wave of heat & humidity, looks like today will be in the Qtr.deck with the A/C running all day .... the kona is brewing , & my old frirnd Don Carlos III will be going with me to the Qtr.Deck soon , I have "flurted " with replacing the DC3 with the CAO La Travitia , but after a long discussion with my taste buds ,,,, I have remained with the DC3 .... just cant shake the taste for them, & kona on a Sunday morning , just gets better every time I have that taste combo..... & speaking of Combos last night we went to a 50th birthday for Romana , the wife of a cigar buddy, the place was full of people & the party was a big hit , Romana is a power lifter & built like the perverable "BrickHouse" ......... my wife even had a good time hahahaha ........ the boys were spending the weekend with there father & I didnt get muchtime to hang out with them this past week, , I dont know if they like it or not , but I have a good time with them, I guess they just put up with it hahahaha, I enjoyed hanging out with my grandfather when I was a kid, we went fishing or to the club, most of the time BOTH, fish a little, then to the club for a weee bit of refreshments , nothing like a cold beer to quench your thurst after a few hours in the hot sun drowning worms , dammm we never caught much of anything hahahahaha , but the boys dont like fishing so I dont take them .... I let there father take them for the time he gets to spend with them..... they put up with it but go along because its dad, but I ask & they say they would rather do some thing else as they fish with there dad & dont care for it all that much, so I find some theing else for us to do ..... like smoke cigars & sip single malt ,,,, I am very good at doing that for sure ! ......... I have a bit of left over ham in the fridge, looks like it will end up on the supper table tonight , its to hot to light the oven for the traditional Sunday hunk of beef or slab of Pork , so i think it will get sliced in long thin strips & tossed with a salad for the Sunday supper today , its just way to hot & humid to cook on the grill outside or inside today ..... great day for a salad & watermellon....... breakfast is almost ready I hear the wife up & moving arround so I better get her eggs in the pan as i dont want her to be held up from reading the paper , I will be heading out to the Qtr.Deck with a pot of coffee & a snifter of single malt & a few cigars & see how long I can go with out having to come in & get rid of the coffee ! hahahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Its kinda funny to find someone on a national forum who lives right around the corner from you I know your nephews pretty well mike tj and mark maby i will have to stop down and enjoy a stogie at king Bev. with you
  • Options
    you would be suprized who you might find on the interenet, , & be sure you let me know who you are when you get to the shop, I open at noon, Tues thru saturday, closed on monday & tuesday, close at 7 but Friday is BYOB & open till 11 Pm , saturday till 5 Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning it is Sunday 4 th of JULY 2010, , the birthday of the USA,& the founding Fathers would be turning over in the grave if they could see the mess we are in from the BLOATED federal mess in Washington DC,wall street ,& the Gulf oil spill,and the mess we have our selves in the Afganastan ,Iraq,North Korea , & in the streets of DETRIOT,, , , well Happy Birthday America ...... , I slept in a bit this morning, had a nice breakfast of Ham, Vadalia onion & mellon , kind of refreshing, nothing was hot right out of the fridge, well the oinon was in the microwave for 30 seconds , but by the time I got to taste it the slices had achieved room temp & went very nice with the garlic mayo , after a pot of Tanzanian Peaberry I am going to make a little kona in the press pot & have my Sunday Morning Don Carlos III ...... the CAO , Latravitia is NOT replacing the #3, it is a wonderfull smoke for sure but I just cant shake the #3 there is just smoething about that cigar that hits my taste buds JUST RIGHT . ................... Last night the Ambridge Fire dept. had the Fireworks display launched from the city park , this was the first year for the site as the football field now has astroturf artifical grass , so we lost our ring side seats as our daughters home was just a few blocks from the field, & the park is at the other end of town..... so we parked in a lot just off the highway & watched a great colorfull salute to the USA , the local radio station had the music to go along with the sky blasting fireworks but I was happy just to watch & puff on my Contraband series D #4 ..... what a way to celebrate, burning the crops of your enemy , ONE stick at a time ..... BUT I think the Embargo should have been lifted years ago,,,, but when it gets lifted the demand will skyrocket, the cost will skyrocket & the product will be counterfitted & even by the factory, as they will BUY tobacco from other places just to fill the orders & then we all suffer with inferior product....... We are heading to the Ellwood City Arts fest in the park today, , lots of live shows & vendors with arts & crafts & food for sale, , lots of shade in the park & lots to see & Do..... the grandsons have been doing what ever theu do when there is no school, hanging out in the backyard pool, & avoiding any kind of work like cleaning up after the dog, , I wonder why dogs cant be taught to use the littler box like a cat ???? , well the kona is ready & so am I , time for the Don carlos III ... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Vince - I had forgotten how much I enjoy reading your Sunday Morning posts.. Just haven't had time the past several weeks to read that much. Glad to see things are doing well with you, and I'll have to try one of those DC#3's one of these days - the way you salute them is far and wide enough of a recommendation for me.

Jship - as Vince said, you'd be surprised bro. I've had the opportunity to meet 3 BOTLs from this forum in person, and smoke a cigar with all of em (hopefully a 4th soon). It's definitely an awesome thing, because it's not easy to find real enthusiasts out in the 'real world' lol...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The Don Carlos 3's are a excellent smoke, I always keep a handful around. So if your ever in my neck of the woods Vince at least I know I'll have a smoke you like. Come to think of it I always try to hang onto some of the Partagas Contrabands #4's as well and some unbanded contrabands from a gentleman who has a home on ISOM and visits often ... so I think we would be OK for a day of hanging out and chillin !!!
  • Options
    Sounds good to me , I am always up for a day trip, how fae are your from da Burgh?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    north carolina but hey I may be coming to Baltimore to visit family soon if my vacation holds up ...I will definitly let you know if I can.
  • Options
    I am about 5 hours or more from baltamore ........ its do able