Home General Discussion
Options

Sunday Morning smoke , & news from the Kitchen Table

Comments

• Options
    billbo777billbo777 Posts: 5
    Hi Vince, good to see your still posting. I always liked reading them every Sunday. Great to read that your still enjoying your DCs and still running the store. Looking good botl.
  • Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    not much to keep me from posting, its what I do every Sunday.... after breakfast & some times after the DC3 , some times before the DC3 , it gets done !! Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    GOOD MORNING , it is Sunday,11 July 2010, a hazy hot & humid morning here in Da Burgh we have had a week of 90+F all week , the a/c has been working overtime but the cigars are loving it , yesterday i fired up an 8.5 x 52 Fuente Cannone & it lasted over 3 hours , I usually get about 2.5 hours out of one of them but that last 30 plus minutes was HEAVEN, I sat on my back deck till after 11PM finishing it, IF I would have had a pipe handy I might have gotten an other 20 minutes out of it, but I was to lazy & tired to get up & get one , I figured if I had the ability to get up & walk with out falling , it would be in my best intrust to STAY in & go to bed , hey I made it this far why chance it hahahaha .... with the week being as hot as it was I hoped that the shop would be busy , but it wasnt as busy as it should have been, just to hot to sit out and have a cigar , but the shop was cool & no one took advantage of it , Friday night we had one H3ll of a rain storm, the bathroom cieling was like a shower, the roof has a leak & all the water found the bathroom fan vent & headed tward the basement, alas the bathroom was in the way, & no matter where you stood you got wet ! ......... the grandsons are off to North Carolina for a few days with thier cousins & other grandparents ..... we get a break & they have fun at the shore a win for all ........ I have been FORCED to watch some of the scoccer this past week , some of the few customers are into this so called football game , personally I would rather watch curling or cartoons both are funny on TV , dammm I could watch paint dry or grass grow for that matter , exciting stuff hahahahaha ....... I have a HUNK 'O Beef going on the grill shortly , I will prep it on the stove & finish it on the grill outside since I dont want to fire up the oven , as it will be HOT out again today , so fire up the outside grill, & cook away from the house ......... breakfast was a nice slice of crispy bacon a few slices of grilled Vadallia Onion , a slice of dark bread with a lot of the whole wheat seeds still in the flour tosted & buttered, & a verrrry large egg with 2 yokes , the coffee was & is still Kona but I have a pot of tanzanian peaberry sitting in the press pot made with cold water last night , I will be pressing it out soon , havent decieded weather to heat it or drink it on ice , one thig for sure the next cigar this day will be a contraband Partagas series D #4 "given" to me by a Canadian FRIEND , ( anyone who gives me any cigar is a friend ) ..... there is a BIG ladys golf tournament here in da Burgh this week ..... lots of hot babes & biker lesbians hanging out , dammmm HOT had I a choice I would be a *** , but I might look the same as I do now , beard and all hahahahahaha ......... Last night when I got home from work my wife was sitting on the back deck & from the look on her face I could see she was TICKED off about some thing, & for 2 hours she had been trying to restart the lawn mower, half the yard was cut 7 she had to shut it down to empty the grass catcher, & she wasnt able to get it started again , checked the gas , its full, pull the safty bar it clicked yank the recoil starter, nothing, , so when i got home I pulled the spark plug , & it sparked, OK for fire, got fuel, hummm must be the air, pulled off the air cleaner, beat it on a rock , pulled it & BINGO , fired right up the grass had clogged it & it couldnt get any air , well after her PULLING the starter for 2 hours & kicking the DAMMMM STUPID lawn mower , she was finished in 20 minutes after I got it started , BUT she was PISSED off the rest of the evening, untill we went to $tarbuck$for coffee, she got some frozen frapichino with a shot of expresso & some flavoringof some sort, I had a tripple expresso with a shot of Irish whisky that I brought with me , dont remember if it was Bushmills or Jamison, , what ever was in the flask sitting in front of the Coneramera Bottle , for all I know it could have been the last of the johnny walker blue , an over priced Blended whisky IMHO , , but in a trip expresso it could have been cutty sark , But I have bought that brand in 35 years or more & dont plan on it any time soon, funny how your wallet will dictate to your taste buds , BUT if I had never moved up to the single malts I would have been happy with the cutty, Johnny red, & an occasional Chevais & drambouie on the rocks with a twist of lemon , but now I enjoy sitting back with a fine 18YO single malt , in a snifter, a cup of coffee & a great cigar , How ever any fine 18YO with or with out the scotch, coffee & cigar would be great if my wife didnt find out hahahahah well its time to get back to the kitchen & get her Hunk 'O Beef started ,pour some coffee & fire Up the Sunday morning Don Carlos #3 ..... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I love reading your Sunday mornings. Yesterday I locked my back out so it took my 30 mins longer to get out front with my coffe and cigar. Then I couldn't get up out the chair without my wifes help :-)

Keep them coming Vince
  • Options
    glad you enjoy them, hope your back get better soon
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I walked into a restaurant the other day and soccer was playing... I went somewhere else to eat.
  • Options
    I dont blame you, if there BIG fans the service & food would suffer, if they are not fans , Why the H3ll did they have it on in the first place ?? Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I walked into a restaurant the other day and soccer was playing... I went somewhere else to eat.
    i do the same thing when football is on.

ha!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vince O:
    I dont blame you, if there BIG fans the service & food would suffer, if they are not fans , Why the H3ll did they have it on in the first place ?? Enjoy, Vince
    we have it on in our place to bring people in. often times it wasnt on and people would request it to be changed to World Cup.
  • Options
    we watched curling during the olimpics , just to look at the canadian with the cute turned up nose, cant remember her name, but like watching paint dry , curling bowling & golf on Tv fall right behind scoccor in the BORING catagory here ...... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    kuzi16:
    cabinetmaker:
    i do the same thing when football is on.

ha!
    commie... haha jk
  • Options
    Good morning, it is Sunday 18 July 2010, the sun is up the skys are cloudy & it is HOT & Humid all ready at 10:30 am here in da Burgh.... Yesterday was the Slippery Rock Cigar BBQ ,a great turn out well over 100 people from as far away as Wisconson & Washington DC , we smoked a lot of cigars had a weeee dram or 2 or 3 or maybe 4 , I forget , , it was hot & humid & the clevage was presenting it self all over the place , an like the Gentelman I am I had a towel to dry them off .......... Untill it rained & man did it rain , the parking lot was like a pool the water was over the tops of my shoes , lightning & thunder were the music of the later day , But the food was GRAND, there was a hole hog grilled to a mahagony finish, crispy skin, moist flesh, just GRAND is all I need to say about it , there was corn on the cob, roasted potatos ,baked beans ,pasta salid ,brownies , chips of all sorts & the best roasted nuts , all prime stuff , NO peanuts , just almonds ,cashues philberts & pecans , a touch of sea salt ..... it went well with the Balvinie Dbl.Wood , & not bad with the 12YO Macallen , we ate well drank & smoked had fun talking to old friends & new friends , & the worst part of the day Joe Durso the owner of Slippery Rock Cigars was not there, he was in the hospital with an infection in his leg, seams like he was moving a trash dumpster & it fell on his leg, & after getting 8 stiches in the cut some how it got infected & he was flat on his back getting I.V. antibiodics letting his wife run the show, did we miss him , well a little , no one to pick on hahahaha .... The boys are back from the Carolinia's they went with there other grandparents & cousins , parasailing, fishing,swimming & building sand castles , they had a great time, both are sacked out recovering from all the FUN ....... I have a few pork chops in a light Spanish marinad & 2 chicken breasts in a Italian marinade , they will hit the grill later today, aling with some corn on the cob, & a few baked peaches & a few baked apples , it might rivel yesterdays BBQ , but today its just the 2 of us..... the chicken will get cut up into a chicken salad , with a mayo dressing, celery , onion ,egg & maybe a little RED & YELLOW bell pepper , the chops well I have no idea right now, just cook them & slap them on the plate, .... simple & direct, no reason to mess up great tasting PORK , ok so I dont keep a Kosher home , I'm Lutheran anyhow hahahahaha .... I have tryed to eat better , but dammm some of the stuff that you cant have in a Kosher kitchen, I guess I would have gotten used to it had it been different growing up, I got to eat meat on Fridays when all the Catholic's were eating grilled cheese or tuna , Nothing Wrong with grilledcheese or tuna , BUT Ham , swiss ,a dab of BROWN mustard on thick sliced dark rye bread , a pickel on the side a COOL mug of dark beer , or a frosted MUG of Rootbeer or Cream soda ....... Breakfast this moring was a toasted muffin with hot peppers ,Cheese , bacon, tomato,egg& grilled onion, just be glad your not down wind of me later today hahahaha ..... I have been working on a pot of Columbian this morning , but the kona is being brewed as I finish up this posting, I will pass on the Don Carlos #3 this moring & smoke a Don Carlos #4 , that small tapered end grabbed my attention this morning for some strange reason , I have the A/C on in the Qtr.Deck & will be heading there soon, next on the adgenda for today is call Joe at the hospital & ask him how to turn off the clock radio in his bedroom hahahaha , hey what are friends for if you can abuse them hahahaha Time for me to get this BS posted , & jump in the shower, the kona should be ready to drink when I get out of the shower & get dressed ........ for a long time I was drinking kona every day , & it got boring, now with it just on Sunday its a treat , BUT the Don Carlos is an every day start of the day , I thought the CAO La Travita might edge it out , but the taste buds voted the Don Carlos #3 back to the top position after a few days ..... there is just some thing my taste buds enjoy with the DC#3...... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 25 July 2010, a Hazy HOT & HUMID morning here in da Burgh ...... last night I was listening to a local talk show & found out PITTSBURGH & TUCSON Az , have some thing in common, they are both mispelled by people sending mail to both citys , they leave the H off the end of PITTSBURGH , & forget the C in Tucson, so with all the left ocer h's & c's I need a few I's to make the sound of way to much to drink (HIC) , dammmm its been years since I had a good night of hic - ups , I guess over the years the booze has over ridden the urge to perge , or maybe I am just not drinking enough ,,,,,, hahahahaha yea like that will ever happen ... , the week has been hazy hot & humid , way H O T , with the temp in the 90's & the humidity in the 70's & 80's , its like taking a breath under water , the A/C has been working overtime & needless to say the sales were way down, no one wants to come out of the house , so I sit there at the shop, the music is on the coffee is on , the cigars are ready to smoke , the coke & pepsi coolers are full & no one is stopping in for a cigar , still getting the kids looking for blunts & rolling papers, & I dont stock anything like that , there is a head shop a few miles from me selling bongs ,Brass & glass pipes , let him sell the blunts & papers , I dont want them in my shop... Doobie smokers just need to GRADUATE to Fine hand rolled Cigars & forget the paper tube & stop inhaling ! , NOTHING better in the morning than a great cup of coffee & a fine hand rolled cigar & I will be doing just that asap , KONA & DON CARLOS #3 , the Sunday morning treat....... Breakfast this morning was a bacon , Vadallia Onion & hot pepper cheese omlet with a sprinkel of toasted garlic & fresh chive from the herb garden, I cant wait for the carmenative effect of the onions & garlic, just hope your not down wind of me later today hahahaha ................ I have been having a few problems with my 2000 Sable, its been overheating & loosing a lot of cooant, , its been so hot & rainging all week I havent been able to look to see where the leak is, I hope its a hose , & not the waterpump or radiator, the car has almost 200,000 miles on it & I dont want to get rid of it YET , I would love to get a new one , but I realy like this car, I dont need to look to turn on the heat or the a/c , I can tune the radio with out looking , I know right where the ashtray is & never need to take my eyes off the road & I hit it 99.9% of the time , I am COMFORTABLE in this car, would I like a new convertable sure , but this sedan is the right size, the right options, the right time for me to keep driving it till I cant fix it anylonger , I have had cars longer than this one, but none i liked any better.............. the grandsons are back from the Carolinia's , they had a great time , parasailing, swiming & hanging out at the beach with thier other grandparents & cousins , now this weekend they are with thier dad & I am spening the day slaving over a hot grill, filled with a pork roast & yams , the pork has been in a marinade in the fridge since Friday , it came out this morning & is drying in front of a fan for a few hours before hitting the smoke for about six hours ( its a small hunk of pork ) but it will have B I G flavor, the marinade is is a simple EVOO, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper,hot peppers diced fine, bell pepper, onion,garlic , apple juice ,prune's & a little prune juice , a sliced fresh peach& a little acid in the form of apple cider vinegar, & white wine .... the pork will get a wrap of bacon before it hits the heat & smoke , the yams will get a wash a slice & a drizzel of evoo, a sprinkel of hawaian red salt & go on the cooler end of the grill for a few hours , when they come off the grill they get hit with a butter flavored with fresh grated nutmeg, freah greated cinnimon & a touch of brown sugar that has been infused with vanallia bean & orange zest, ....there will be a small pot of brown rice with some fresh garden peas & portabello mushrooms on the side , I was going to bake some bread but I got lazy & didnt make the dough last night , just to hot to light the oven anyway ........... & there is not enough room on the grill for the bread & everything else , so we will pass on the bread & anyhow we dont need all the carbs ...... hahaha like I worry about it anymore Last week Barb was having trouble with the lawn mowernot starting, , now let me tell you when she wants to do something , she wants it done right & right NOW , well after working on the b@$t@rD I had to stop & get cleaned up to open the shop, never did get it running, so she got the next door neighbors mower & did the yard, so I will be getting a new mower this week , I have no idea whats wrong with the old one, there is gas in the tank the spark plug is fireing, & the carb is getting air, the safty switch is disengaging when you pull the leaver & I pulled till my guts hurt, on the starter line , it is 15 years old & needs replaced , so the new one will be self propelled & have an electric start , I just cant see her cutting grass to many more years , hey isnt that why we have grandsons, to cut the grass? hahahahaha its almost time to flip over the pork & get the a/c turned on in the Qtr.Deck , its just way to hot & humid to enjoy a cigar on the back deck this morning , and way to wet to sit out in the yard, the rain is comming down steady & radar shows more to come later today, so its off to the Qtr.Deck & a relaxing day till its time to cook ! , Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday August first 2010, A FANTASTIC day here in da Burgh, the sky is blue with a few wispy clouds the temp is in the high 70's low 80's for the day & the humidity is LOW there is a nice 5 to 10 MPH breeze out of the south west & the wind chimes are singing this morning, , I got a little lazy this morning so I took the boss out for breakfast, Bacon & Bagel, not a kosher place but the food is fine & the service is good, , it was nice not having to clean up after breakfast, YEA like I clean up hahahahaha but I didnt have to listen to her complain about the mess i make hahahaha , well i set a slab of ribs in the cooler last night with a dry rub of pink Hawaiian salt , powdered mustard,celery seed,brown sugar , & what ever else fell out of the spice rack, , this moring , I fired up the grill & place the ribs on the cooler end & will forget about them till about 4 PM , the bones should just pull out by then,,, I will make up a little sauce & baste them the last hour or so , havent thougt about what it will be but I do know it will have an apple juice base, cant make up my mind to make it HOT or Sweet , maybe a little of both, but I will make WHATEVER the boss wants, me I will be happy with what ever she wants & if I decide before & make it with out asking , you KNOW dammm well what ever I pick will be the wrong style hahahahaha , I will be making green beans & bacon to go with the ribs, & a roasted yam for us to split , I have noticed that the sweet potato / and or /YAM has been getting a lot of use in my galley, used to be just in the fall & winter that they got to the table , but now I am deep frying them, roasting , & baking them all year long a great flavor & a lot of bata caritine , so i am told, what ever it is its supposed to be good for you, watch in a few years some one will come up with a study saying its poison or dangerous to the atmosphere ,,,, dammm nanny staters, let us LIVE our lives in peace, or is it PIECE ? hahahaha , I saw a study done in Canada, where a doc placed a silver dime in a rats stomach, stiched it in place & the rat developed cancer of the stomach , his conclusion was pocket change caused cancer ........... BRILLIANT , so now I make sure I put all my change in the piggy bank & not my pocket hahahaha We have had a lot of local work related deaths in the area , 2 killed at the lead smelter after an explosion in the furnace, & one guy fell 30 feet at the sewage treatment plant & was killed from the fall but 3 guys who went to his resque were over come by the fumes , all servived the fumes but all were treated at the local hospital for it ., & I got stuck with a nail in a cigar box after opening the box, dammmm it looked like I had just tested my sugar, & for got to wipe off the blood, a dot about the size of a pin head , damm it hurt hahahahahaha I will be roasting coffee a little later today or i might just hold off till monday afternoon, ...... yea thats more like it , Monday afternoon, being off on Sunday & Monday is getting to me , I like saturday & sundays off, with a monday tossed in ever few weeks, after taking a friday off the week before , LOVE the 4 day weekends , I figure I have a few more years to put in before retiring for the 4th & FINAL TIME , just as soon as I think I am out they pull me back in again , hahahahaha , about all I want to do any more is hang out with the grandsons, , , , smoke a few stogies, sip a little coffee, slosh a weeeee dram or 2 or 3 of a fine old scotch arround in my mouth before swallowing it , sleeping in my hammoc under the maple tree in the back yard ......... yep I am READY to retire but the shop needs me & aside from the hammoc , its almost the same hahahaha, yea I can sip coffee , listen to the music, down a weee dram at work, the only thing that messes up my day is the dammm customers wanting me to help them in the humidor, ,,,,,,, I want a MILD cigar , do you have any Cuban Cohibas? . thats when I want to tell the posers to hit the bricks , BUT I swallow hard & ask them how long its been since they were smoking a MILD CUBAN COHIBA, OH just last week , do you remember how much it cost? just 5 bucks you say well I want to buy 50,000 cigars from who ever you got them from ............ errrr well I dont know a whole lot about cigars but thats what the guy in Mexico told me , yea sure buddy it was a real Cuban for 5 bucks, did I show you my Pacasso I got at a yard sale for 25 bucks & had it appraised for $100,000.... Well its time for the BBQ sauce to get started, so I better ask the boss how she wants it & get it on the fire to reduce & thicken, the ribes will get a turn some time later & I have green beans to clean & cook, NOT TO mention a few cigars to smoke .... ahhh yes by buddy Don Carlos III has poured the kona & the 15 Y.O. Balvinie single barrel.... I guess the BBQ sauce will need to WAIT a bit hahahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    I've always noticed your Kitchen Table news post but never stopped by to read. Glad to say I didn't regret it one bit lol. I haven't had a cigar in 3 days and now I want one with a side of ribs. I guess pizza rolls will have to suffice. Have a good one!
  • Options
    the ribs were Ok, the dry rub had a bit to much salt in it , but it was a great day here in da Burgh even if the ribs were sub par Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    what a relaxing read cheers Vince.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Looking forward to you post today. I had hoped that it would have been up already, but I will catch it on my after lunch cigar.
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday Aug.8,2010, a wonderful morning here in da Burgh , had the windows open all night got down to 57F last night , a wonderfulllll nights sleep, woke up this morning about 9:30 ! could have slept more but nature called & had to empty the bladder, so up I got , made some poached eggs for my self & fryed the Bosses eggs , I spiced up the poaching liquid with some tabasco sauce, a little aged balslamic vineger,soy sauce & a splash of red wine , the eggs went on a slice of dark German whole wheat/rye combo & a slice of bacon with fresh garden tomatos & caso fresco sliced thick & grilled till crispy on the outside & like custard in the center, YUMMY !!! This morning's coffee is a blend of Indian Malibar& Ethopian yourgarchef, or how ever you spell it & I am to lazy to go look at the bag the beans came in , I have a pot of kona waiting for me & my Good friend Don Carlos III , we will be hitting the back deck asap ! Its been a quiet week at the shop, a few regulars & a few first timers were in , they trickel in one at a time keep me from my coffee & cigar talking over the smooth jazz in the background & disturbing my relaxation ! hahaha Dammmm Customers hahahahaha the RTDA convention is comming up this week but I am staying here & manning the shop, not that I wouldnt love to go to New Orleans but $$$$$$ is the problem, if I close the shop , No income, if I get some one to cover the shop for me , what they take in, get paid & smoke up will be a wash if I had closed anyhow, so I will keep the shop open & enjoy the weather here in Da Burgh, , & I can make red beans & rice ,listen to Pete Fountain, Al Hurt & the Zidico bands & turn off the A/C, sit in the 70% humidity of the humidor & pretend I am in New Orleans , OK now some of you nice ladys flash me !!!!! hahahaha school starts in about 2 weeks , it was a fast summer vacation, havent seen much of the boys other than taking the big one to his piano lessons on Mondays , the little one comes some times but he would rather stay home with the mutt , the dammm dog is up to 185 pounds , strong , but STUPID, pisses on his own foot ......... need I say anymore just plain Stupid I have a nice set of NY strip steaks sitting in the marinade ready to get grilled later today , also I have 6 chicken breasts that will get a turn on the grill later to be made into chicken salid , there will be some grilled veggies & sweet potatos to go along with the beef& some hard boiled eggs with the chicken, we are looking for a high of 87F today & 90+ this week comming up so I am going to get the weeks cooking all done today & just reheat stuff in the microwave oven the rest of the week....... Nothing exciting happening here just the slow paced life of the burgh, a few births a few deaths some politicol big shot getting caught with his had in some one elses pocket , not much different from Chicago , LA, or NYC, what this country needs is a New THOMAS JEFFERSON , , sure he had his affairs & extra maritial children, but he was a wiz when it came to government, Adams was a light weight & could have never written the declaration that TJ came up with ,IMHO anyway & just like opinions & @$$holes , every body has one !! Time for a cigar , Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

That breakfast sounds like something you get at the ritz.

• Options
    just what a retired chef likes to hear !! Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    .. Vince every time I hear about your breakfast ( and Dinner plans) it makes my Cheerio seem boring ! Your stories remind me of my father in law who use to be a country club manager, as well as a chef. He looked like the late Harry Caray. We would visit often and there was always something great cooking, as well as many, stories of his very colorful life. He moved to Arizona, and not long after at 82 had to leave us all. I miss that old guy.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with a biwl of cherrios...... I as well miss my father & father in law, my father in law didnt smoke but I took him to every cigar outing I could, he kept the hats & shirts, I got all the cigars hahahaha !!! Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    had breakfast this morning in Occidenta California.after breakfast within 30 minutes I ran into Mickey Hart (drummer for the Greatful Dead and then in another place just waling up the street we run into John Cougar Mellancamp and His WIfe! Crazy! But cool!
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday AUG 15,2010 ,,,, 40 years ago today I got marrired for the first & last time hahahaha , yep she hasent killed me yet ! , My brother had a little party last friday night a combo , his birthday, his sons birthday, his other sons graduation/leaving for school, & our anniv. all rolled into one big blow out, the food was great, the weather was super, the booze went down like fine old scotch, & the music was not to loud, a great time , no arrests, so it didnt get out of hand to much, we all ahd a great time , lots of people there I had no idea who they were, & they were thinking the same about me I am sure , , , , we are heading out for a relaxing dinner some place where I will be waited on & not cook , , , its my day as much as it is hers, !!!!! the shop was slow at first of the week, but got better as time went on , Friday ( the night of the party ) was a fine day at the shop, I was happy not to have been there I needed the night off !!!! , should have taken saturday off also , but I survived !!!! , I have a nice sample pack of San Cristobols to work my way through today , well at lest one of them anyway , 7 cigars, 7 different sizes, , hummmmm, one a day for a week, hummmmmmm, might try it , & save the Don Carlos for the weekends , , , , , But I dont think that will happen ! Since we are going out today I didnt even cook breakfast, she had toast & I had a peach, a banana & a rasin cookie .......... got to save room for the cheesecake ..... Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Vince... Enjoy the day.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    congratulations Vince. ill have one on the east coast for you!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Vince!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Happy anniversary BORK!
  • Options
    Good morning , it is Sunday 22 Aug,2010, a wet warm morning here in da Burgh , it has been a hot & humid week here but this morning it is "NICE" a little rain last night got rid of the humidity & the breeze is warm but dryer than its been , I got to take some time in the Qtr.Deck last night & enjoyed a fine old Bahia maduro torp, & a weee dram of Spayburn single malt along with a mug of espresso , who ever thought about using those tiny cups for espresso, dammm just as you get you whistle wet its gone, so I double up a few 'shots' & sip to my leasure ....... it was a slow week at the shop but we did get a lot of deliverys, a truck load of humidors showed up along with a truck load of cigars , the newest one we have is the Hammer & Sickle toro , a GLASS block box the damm thing must weigh in over 10 pounds in packaging, the cigar makes a great midmorning smoke or early afternoon , I dont think they have enough power but when the next few blends hit I might have a different opinion about the brand, but right now its kind of mild, not what you would expect with the logo on the band, , right off the Soviet Union flag , but we did get a few different things in , , , nothing out of the ordinary, just basic shelf fillers & money making toys for big boys , lighters & cutters & all the stuff you need to have ..... With the large scale egg recall for tainted eggs , well it has put a crimp in my breakfast menu so we switch to egg beaters a poor excuse for egg substitutes , maybe its just all in my head, but I like cracking my eggs, not pouring them out of a milk jug ..... , the coffee this morning is a new one , it is from the local coffee roaster in New Brighton Pa this blend is called Drews Brew after the son Andrew , who works there a medium roast mixed with a few darker beans, he didnt tell me the orgins of the beans, but he has the recipe to make the blend, just hope the next batch is as good as this one !!! I have the Kona in the press pot & will be getting to it soon, a cool water extraction over night , buy the time I get this posted & fire up the Sunday Morning Don Carlos #3 it will be ready........ School starts back up in 3 days , the grandsons are mixed in there feelings about going back, the bus stop has been changed & now the walk to the bus is about 20 minutes , last year you could sit on the front porch & wait for the bus to pull up, now there are stops for the bus at intersections with parking lots only & the bus pulls off the road to pick up & discharge students instead of holding up traffic , some political staffer with a "good Idea" ... the Nanny state revisited !! Today I will be cooking a stuffed rolled round steak , on the grill , I have a loaf of bread getting stale right now, I will crumble it add some butter ,beef stock ,celery,onions & peppers a bit of seasoning & a splash of egg to hold it all together , pound out the slab of beef & spread out the bread mixture & roll it up, , into a hot cast iron pot & brown it in a little oil & then put it on the grill in the cast iron pan as its just way to nice out ,to light up the oven , so I will fire up the grill & cook it outside , roast a few sweet potatos & have a little shoo fly pie for desert, & I can make everyting outside to help keep the house cool with out running the A/C . looks like I have a lot of coffee to drink & a fine cigar ro smoke before I get back to the kitchen..... Enjoy, Vince