Home Non Cigar Related

Random Interesting Videos

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those ↑ must be the global warming deniers...

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember all that nonsense in high school... the school gave us stickers and buttons to wear to spread the news about the cooling of the Earth and warn of the return of the ice age.

"Oh, of course, we did that, and we were wrong. But our instruments and science are so much better now. You should believe us now."

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Why would you think that those scientists who thought we were going into an ice age 40 years ago don't still think that today?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

They're all old and dead and stuff by now.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point, Peter.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    They're all old and dead and stuff by now.

So far as I know, John Holdren should still be alive and well. When he was at Stanford (I think it was), he warned about global cooling. I remember reading his stuff way back in the way back, when I researched a novel on the topic. When Obama appointed him as climate science advisor, I was surprised to see he warned of global warming. Either way, it was the same list of anthropogenic disasters as later predicted to occur from warming.

Cooling was supposed to happen cause man stirs up so much dust that it blocks the sun. Nothing to do with C02. Case you wondered.

Way back then, my fave guy was a Russian scientist writing in the Bulletin of Atomic Science (only place a Russki could get read in the West back then). He proposed that we build a dam with a beveled top edge across the Bering Strait, all.just below the surface, to bring up warmer water which hovers beneath the ice pack. The water below, he said, was warmer because warm water gets heavier faster as it absorbs more salt, whie colder water floats upward as it loses its salt, until it finally freezes into ice. That, and scatter soot across the Arctic. Fascinating idea. Wonder if he's still around? I don't remember his name.

So, no... prolly not all dead and gone... just flipped their grants.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

They'll say whatever pays them the most.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

Took me a while to find this...

https://youtu.be/Zw470ury2kw

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

No earth shattering news here but a fun watch

https://youtu.be/tk_ZlWJ3qJI

What? I don't do twitter, so I guess I'm still wondering.

I guess you can be happy with whatever you have, or don't have.
    https://youtu.be/HoPcLLZhVA8

edited September 2021

https://youtu.be/sywS49gWCg4

Bits of finger got in the tobacco from cutting the bars???

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

@Yakster said:
    https://youtu.be/sywS49gWCg4

Bits of finger got in the tobacco from cutting the bars???

I want to comment but I just don’t know what to say 😬

• MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

What @VegasFrank really means when he says his golf game is on fire...

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRn3m6PN/

You're TickTocking me off, @MrShrek.

Who leaves a cigar on the seat?

• VisionVision Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Who leaves a cigar on the seat?

That’s what the cup holder is for

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it bad I make my boys hold my cigars when I don't have a good place to set them

@Jrflickster said:
    Is it bad I make my boys hold my cigars when I don't have a good place to set them

Golf is to get away from family.

Vote up if you were thinking the same thing.

Let's keep in mind I have lots of "family" so ditching the majority is a win

But I feel where you're coming from vote up from me

@Jrflickster said:
    But I feel where you're coming from vote up from me

😉

edited October 2021

No I can't, but Im listening to a video on a phone that was recorded with a phone....love the music though...

Just watched 40 minutes of his content. The most time I have ever spent watching YouTube videos. Amazing stuff and will watch more.