Home Non Cigar Related

Random Interesting Videos

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brazilian daredevil Rafael Zugno Bridi just set a Guinness World Record when he crossed a slackline suspended between two hot air balloons 6,236 feet over the ground. The balloons were about 59 feet apart.

https://youtu.be/LLMF7MGHLPs

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

1957 film about the construction of the Mass. Turnpike. Narrated by well-known Boston newsman and anchor, the late Jack Chase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxVNa6PMHX0

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

fear

@silvermouse said:
    fear

Delusion

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mental illness.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

So, the other day, while your grandson was busy picking his boogers...

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited June 2022

Every day in Canadian government is vajina day.

This plant is bigger than DullAware
    https://youtu.be/3zgVicShn-o

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

After reading what @Amos_Umwhat and @silvermouse posted in the Quote of the Day thread I got to looking for more info on the Jan 6th stuff and if President Trump incited a riot. I found this video and thought it was interesting.

https://youtu.be/XwqAInN9HWI

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

A half dozen or so states where Trump was ahead like 700k votes shut down their vote counting at 10 pm and sent ballot watchers home. Then, in the wee hours, in a matter of minutes, with no watchers on the job, each state amazingly dumped like 700k Biden votes into the count. In some cases, the Trump vote mysteriously went down when the Biden total went up. How's a vote count go down?

Did these authorities incite riot by pulling blatant election shenanigans?

PA was one of those states. PA claimed their dead of night votes were absentee ballots. They had expanded absentee balloting to include most anyone who wanted to vote without coming to the polls, and allowed absentees without any certification. Just last month, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that the constitution of that state only allows absentee ballots for soldiers and overseas, and each voter had to be certified. So the vast majority of those absentee ballots were illegal. What good does that do now?

Did whoever expanded PA absentee ballots incite riot by breaking the law?

This type of chicanery was exactly what Trump was complaining should delay certification until such things could be investigated and decided. Courts wouldn't hear evidence. Now that they are hearing evidence. PA is not the only instance where the whole issue appears to have been given the bum's rush. What good do these cases do now?

Did these courts incite riot by refusing to hear evidence until well after the fact?

Just last week, I spotted an article about some Democrat representative from Philly who was finally convicted of election bribery that occurred somewhere around 2005. What good does his conviction do now? Jack Kennedy won the electoral vote when Illinois swung his way on a 6,000 votes margin. Two years later, several men went to prison for engineering rafts of fake ballots in Chicago. What good did those convictions do for Nixon two years later? For many decades, Dixiecrats owned the South because of KKK thuggery and Jim Crow laws. Tammany Hall, Huey Long, the Daley machine... the beat goes on. In those few and long delayed cases where one form of skulduggery is finally overthrown, another devious machination erupts.

Did such a long history of Democrat election duplicity incite riot?

How do you fight a corrupt system peacefully if your vote does not count?

Elections are the Achilles heel of democracy.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^Interesting stuff, especially if true.

Not doubting Webmost's sincerity or research, I just often feel these days like there's literally no venue I can trust. The video Hobbes posted is a refreshingly neutral view of events.

When I reacted to @Hobbes86 question in the quote thread, I was thinking strictly about what we're being told about Jan 6th, mobbing the Capitol etc., and not the motivation. I heard an opinion this morning regarding Liz Cheney's remarks that basically left the 6th off the table, simply focusing on her remarks being about DT's refusal to accept the results of the election. To deny the result of an honest election is unacceptable, tantamount to sedition and insurrection if acted upon.

Was it an honest election? Webmost makes some very interesting points. I've always tried to live by the motto "Question Authority".

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

This week in Yellowstone. Hard to imagine what it'd be like for the owners of that house.
    https://youtu.be/GrtV0asee2I

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

They walk among us!!!

🔥 Golden eagle tearing out chunks from a wounded Pronghorn’s back🔥
    https://youtu.be/4i_vZeST950