Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narcos is a good one.  S01 & S02 are on Netflix.  Def check it out

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I would second Shizz's HBO list @CharlieHeis (if you are in So. Dakota you MUST start with Deadwood!) and would add:

True Detective (first season)
    Curb your Enthusiasm
    Band of Brothers
    The Pacific
    Rome
    Treme
    John Adams

Hope you have some time....

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about it but I've heard good things so Narcos is added to my list. Was thinking about revisiting Band of Brothers and chose Boardwalk Empire over Deadwood, so that will probably be next. Thanks for all the recommendations, guys.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Man in the High Castle. 

Vikings

Criminal Minds
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stranger Things was decent. I'll definitely give season 2 a whirl whe it's out. 

Marco Polo. Lots of T&A in that one. 

Daredevil

Bosch

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've become addicted to Netflix.  Love the historical stuff, Marco Polo, Tudors, etc., House of Cards.

In fact, since my wife couldn't get anyone at Dish Network to answer the phone, we dropped them, installed a 40' antennae tower, and added Hulu.

Saving $50 / month.

:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    We've become addicted to Netflix.  Love the historical stuff, Marco Polo, Tudors, etc., House of Cards.

In fact, since my wife couldn't get anyone at Dish Network to answer the phone, we dropped them, installed a 40' antennae tower, and added Hulu.

Saving $50 / month.

:)
    I'd love to do that. Unfortunately I'm a sports fan and I wouldn't be able to watch a lot of the games I want to see. I may still do it anyway some day.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goliath on Amazon with Billy Bob Thornton is pretty entertaining. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Cigar Vixen on Amazon Prime if you're into cigars.
    Netflix: 

Hap and Leonard 
    The Kettering Incident
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump.

Just finished The Sopranos on HBONow. Terrible ending. Was thinking about cancelling it but I'm going to start Boardwalk Empire instead. Also was thinking about watching Game of Thrones again before I cancel. Any other suggestions for HBO programming I need to watch?
    I was hooked on Boardwalk Empire when I was on those long flights regularly but haven't dialed it up since I been home, good idea Charlie
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    Bump.

Just finished The Sopranos on HBONow. Terrible ending. Was thinking about cancelling it but I'm going to start Boardwalk Empire instead. Also was thinking about watching Game of Thrones again before I cancel. Any other suggestions for HBO programming I need to watch?
    I was hooked on Boardwalk Empire when I was on those long flights regularly but haven't dialed it up since I been home, good idea Charlie
    I'm really enjoying Boardwalk Empire
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Bump.

They rushed the ending to cancel the show. Was great till the last season
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed The Wire.  It starts off a little slow while they develop the characters, but then you get addicted.  I use it in my classes to show that the good guys aren't all good and the bad guys aren't all bad.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Turn: Washington's Spies
    Medici: Masters of Florence
    Marco Polo (Unfortunately, just got cancelled, so no season 3)
    Luke Cage
    Daredevil (The Netflix series, not the horrible Affleck movie)
    Narcos

You're welcome.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been watching the Iron Fist on Netflix. Definitely one of the most adult things Marvel has done. We're 7 eps in and its quite enjoyable.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Season 2 of Better Call Saul is available for viewing on Netflix in advance of season 3 beginning on FX on April 10. I'm looking forward to seeing the Gus Fring back story.
    Just go an email that Archer Season 7 is now available on Netflix.  My Wife will be happy.
    Usaf06 said:
    dirtdude said:
    Bump.

They rushed the ending to cancel the show. Was great till the last season
    They did rush the ending but overall it was a good show. Started Deadwood the other day. I'm digging it after two episodes.
    Netflix: The Don Rickles Project. 
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I've been binge-watching the night shift.  I've been hooked since the first episode.
    I had to turn to my favorite torrent site to get season 3.
    If anybody wants season 3 let me know I can drop it on my FTP server for you.
    I really loved turn Washington's spies.
    And I have all the episodes downloaded that aren't available on Netflix.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    My wife has been watching night shift a lot. She seems to enjoy it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    @Wylaff
    I have season 3 on an FTP server if she wants it.

Wylaff said:
    We've been watching the Iron Fist on Netflix. Definitely one of the most adult things Marvel has done. We're 7 eps in and its quite enjoyable.
    Just started watching last night, but my niece and Wife are on spring break and binging ahead, trying to avoid spoilers. I'm enjoying it very much. 
    It does look interesting. I plan to finish Brooklyn 99 first though.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been watching the comic book ones. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil and Flash.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Binged on all the English cop shows.
    Border security shows, real eye openers.
    Going to give Iron Fist a look.
    Hulu was a major disappointment. 
    Ya I used hulu for about a week, then I dumped it.

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayward Pines has 2 seasons under its belt with hopes of a third starting this spring on FOX.

As for Netflix, I found the new Series of Unfortunate Events tolerable. At least, they made it further than the movie!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya I used hulu for about a week, then I dumped it.
    We got hulu for a few months.
    Paying to have shows WITH commercials just didn't sit well with me.
    Between Amazon and Netflix, they had just as much as hulu and no commercials.
    Amazon has a lot of decent Amazon only shows (Grand Tour) and Netflix has a lot of good Netflix only shows.

Hulu has...............what I get on normal TV, so I don't see a gain.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.