Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no commercials on my Hulu....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    There's no commercials on my Hulu....
    Yeah, we saw there was a commercial free option. For more money of course.
    By the time they started that option, we weren't happy with hulu anymore and dropped it. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The commercial free option is nice, I really hate commercials.  Hulu is also adding a good selection of anime which appeals to the younger members of my family, if I had to pick between Netflix and Hulu I'd probably cut Hulu first.  
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am now on season 2 of The Hand of God. (Amazon prime) It's actually pretty good. Especially seeing as how I ain't religious. LOL. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadwood is pretty good but every time a certain character speaks, I hear this: https://youtu.be/TN6UAzYY8qg
  • Options
    Fargo (TV) is fantastic if you like drama with a streak of very dark humor.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Also Peaky Blinders.

• Options
    Fortitude on Amazon
  • Options
    My Wife finished binging The White Queen on Amazon, reminds me of Game of Thrones. 
  • Options
    Riverdale. Surprisingly adult considering is based off the Archie comics.

• Options
    Eh. It's not very good, but it was surprisingly adult...

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're hoping for a season 3 for Marco Polo, but it looks dicey.  We liked it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Orange is the new Black is back with a bang!
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patriot on Amazon Prime. Season 1. It's dark, and sad and yet very funny. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    Stranger Things 

• Options
    I didn't realize The Wire seasons 1-5 are included with Prime. Cool, just finished Fortitude, was looking for something to watch on the Man Porch. 
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

We've been preparing for the release of Marvel: The Defenders by watching all the Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, & Iron Fist shows.  I completed them a few weeks ago and my wife is almost through them now.  I really like the concept of different heroes from each different area of NYC all battling the same enemy in their own ways, each of their stories separate but intertwined.  I could see how it would be really cool if I was actually from NYC. 

Not sure how many of you get into these sorts of things but I really enjoyed the documentary series "The Pyramid Code."  They presented some very compelling arguments that suggest the current chronology and assumptions of Ancient Egypt is very horribly misunderstood.

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, watched Making a Murderer, which totally got me into real crime stuff. Then watched The Jinx (Robert H. Durst, HBO I think?), totally messed up ****. Now we're watching The Staircase (Amazon), which is so good! Oh, and the OJ miniseries was good!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Netflix: Ozark, great start
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Netflix now has it where there are some shows that you can download to your phone for offline viewing. Pyramid Code is one of them. 
    I probably have 30 shows on my phone for watching when I'm bored, but don't want to use data.

Just saw the preview for this coming up season of Grand Tour on Amazon.
    Looks funny. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I tried Netflix download but it doesn't work on my Tablet, i can download to my SD card but the next time I open Netflix I can't find my SD card, but I download Amazon videos to watch on planes, etc. watching The Wire. 
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    I tried Netflix download but it doesn't work on my Tablet, i can download to my SD card but the next time I open Netflix I can't find my SD card, but I download Amazon videos to watch on planes, etc. watching The Wire. 
    I've only used my phone.
    I have a Samsung tablet, I'll have to try the download on it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Netflix has Rogue One, watched it yesterday.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    I really enjoyed The Wire.  It starts off a little slow while they develop the characters, but then you get addicted.  I use it in my classes to show that the good guys aren't all good and the bad guys aren't all bad.
    Just started The Wire. I'm liking it.
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Netflix: Ozark, great start
    I just watched 1 and 1/2 episodes last night... So far it's great!
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I'm from Baltimore, but didn't watch the wire til I moved away.... It's so good!
    YankeeMan said:
    I really enjoyed The Wire.  It starts off a little slow while they develop the characters, but then you get addicted.  I use it in my classes to show that the good guys aren't all good and the bad guys aren't all bad.
    Just started The Wire. I'm liking it.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wire and Deadwood are all time faves!!
  • Options
    I read the Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency books but don't remember them. I'm enjoying the show on Netflix, but it makes liittle sense. 
  • Options
    If somehow you haven't seen Sons of Anarchy yet, Netflix has them all, and it is worth your time.

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Goliath on Amazon with Billy Bob Thornton is pretty entertaining. 

Just finished this....and agree, Goliath is a great watch...