Home General Discussion
Options

What do you cigar lovin fools look like????

Comments

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    aight... so here's my mug. thanks for the reminder on how to do this.

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Stephen, you look a little like Lewis Hamilton.... and nothing like your avatar :)
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    TheShaun:
    Stephen, you look a little like Lewis Hamilton.... and nothing like your avatar :)
    He does look like Lewis Hamilton! I bet Hamilton gets some hot European tail. Those F1 drivers are a big deal over there. Are you an F1 fan Shaun?
  • Options
    Matt, I'm a huge F1 fan. Racing has been a passion of mine for a long time. Like many young boys, I had dreams of being a professional racing driver, sadly I didn't come from money. I was able to race F2000 here in Canada for a few years, then went on to being a racing/performance driving instructor for a few years after that. Eventually I had to get a real job.
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    Matt, I'm a huge F1 fan. Racing has been a passion of mine for a long time. Like many young boys, I had dreams of being a professional racing driver, sadly I didn't come from money. I was able to race F2000 here in Canada for a few years, then went on to being a racing/performance driving instructor for a few years after that. Eventually I had to get a real job.
    That's awesome! I bet that was a lot of fun racing/instructing. I like to run into F1 fans. It doesn't happen often with me being here in the States that's for sure.
  • Options
    Matt it's like that in most places. One of the most memorable moments in my life was when I went to a racing school to work as a mechanic and train. We were a bunch of guys who came from around the world and met in one place with one thing in common, racing. I had never had so many people to shoot the breeze with about racing.
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    Matt it's like that in most places. One of the most memorable moments in my life was when I went to a racing school to work as a mechanic and train. We were a bunch of guys who came from around the world and met in one place with one thing in common, racing. I had never had so many people to shoot the breeze with about racing.
    That had to be pretty awesome. I know plenty of people who are into racing here, but it's all about NASCAR. Most people have barely heard of F1, and even if they have, they don't respect it, most like other forms of racing.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    TheShaun:
    That had to be pretty awesome. I know plenty of people who are into racing here, but it's all about NASCAR. Most people have barely heard of F1, and even if they have, they don't respect it, most like other forms of racing.
    Ya know, this is the bs that I hate about the American attitude towards racing... "If it ain't NASCAR, it ain't ****"... EFF that. Not to say NASCAR racing is an easy thing, but F1 is head and shoulders above and beyond in terms of real driving skill. I'd like to see any ONE of the NASCAR "greats" to go against even a rookie F1 driver, I really would...

Edit: Just my two cents, venting some frustration on the lack of F1 coverage here in the States..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    Matt Marvel:
    TheShaun:
    Ya know, this is the bs that I hate about the American attitude towards racing... "If it ain't NASCAR, it ain't ****"... EFF that. Not to say NASCAR racing is an easy thing, but F1 is head and shoulders above and beyond in terms of real driving skill. I'd like to see any ONE of the NASCAR "greats" to go against even a rookie F1 driver, I really would...

Edit: Just my two cents, venting some frustration on the lack of F1 coverage here in the States..
    Hays, Jeff Gordon and Juan Montoya did a car swap when Montoya was still in F1. I think they called it trading paint. You may be able to find it online.

Do you get SPEED TV? It's a US based channel. I get get here, and think their coverage of F1 is pretty good. They have a good pre-race show and a couple F1 based programs, and for each race they show the practice session, qualifying and the race. On the Canadian channel they show qualifying and the race, but the nice thing is they provide the European feed.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I don't have any obligatory pics of me smoking, but if anyone needs a light, I got you covered.

Just after getting some work done

• Options
    TheShaun:
    Hays:
    Matt Marvel:
    TheShaun:

Hays, Jeff Gordon and Juan Montoya did a car swap when Montoya was still in F1. I think they called it trading paint. You may be able to find it online.

Do you get SPEED TV? It's a US based channel. I get get here, and think their coverage of F1 is pretty good. They have a good pre-race show and a couple F1 based programs, and for each race they show the practice session, qualifying and the race. On the Canadian channel they show qualifying and the race, but the nice thing is they provide the European feed.
    Yeah, SPEED carries every F1 race during the season. The times are a little weird, but you might be able to catch a replay at a better time. Just check their scheduling. Also, while they don't carry races, I believe Versus does a little F1 coverage as well. I could be wrong.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has this thread gotten derailed or what?? What's all this racing and TV s--t got to do with what we look like??

Marty

• Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    jlmarta:
    Has this thread gotten derailed or what?? What's all this racing and TV s--t got to do with what we look like??

Marty

Its SOP around here for the thread to get derailed, just be glad its not about burros and commies. Actually Lassy does most of the derailing around here, seems like he's been slacking a bit.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    jlmarta:

Marty

Its SOP around here for the thread to get derailed, just be glad its not about burros and commies. Actually Lassy does most of the derailing around here, seems like he's been slacking a bit.
    So, Nancy Grace. Now there's a fire breathing serpent.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    OOOOH SHINY RED BALL!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Here is a more recent artist's rendering of what I may look like:

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    That is epically badass Alien
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I LOVE IT...peeping tom days...
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Yeah man u need HELP
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thats my favorite Alien avatar yet ...
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    This is me and a friend when I was still up at school. Unfortunately she was ONLY a friend... she was foxy...

Me and a friend
  • Options
    bacon.jay:
    This is me and a friend when I was still up at school. Unfortunately she was ONLY a friend... she was foxy...

Me and a friend
    Too bad is right! The friend zone is the worst thing that can happen to a guy. Unfortunately, I know this the hard way.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    That's an awesome picture Tony. Did you do that??? If so, what did you use, oil, pastels, computer????
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I found the avatar on google images, just changed the background color and the cigar color (it was white, supposed to be a joint I think, lol) with Photoshop. For the big picture, I just took the avatar, blew it up to 8x10, and put a filter on it (Sumi I think). I probably should draw up my own, lol, but I'm lazy.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I found the avatar on google images, just changed the background color and the cigar color (it was white, supposed to be a joint I think, lol) with Photoshop. For the big picture, I just took the avatar, blew it up to 8x10, and put a filter on it (Sumi I think). I probably should draw up my own, lol, but I'm lazy.
    Hahah... Just as good. I mean if Sheppard Fairey can get away with it, why not you!!! Either way it turned out really cool.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    This is from a recent vacation with the wife. I'm in the middle.

Phil won't your wife be mad when she see's you were hanging around another woman on your vacation? Of course you are leaning more towards that dude......I'm guessing this was one of the times you told her you were picking your Fantasy Football Team huh?
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    well, I guess I'll post some up
    Here's me at the Indy 500 pre-festivities party smoking a RP Vintage 92
    here's me and the fam at Roloff Farms Pumpkin Patch. My wife is on the right in pink and the 2 little girls are mine. The other people are part of that TV show Little People Big World on TLC. If you follow the show, yeah, we got to meet everyone, all very nice people.
    here's my daily attire for my prestigious job as roady for AC/DC....... j/k
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    This is from a recent vacation with the wife. I'm in the middle.

Phil won't your wife be mad when she see's you were hanging around another woman on your vacation? Of course you are leaning more towards that dude......I'm guessing this was one of the times you told her you were picking your Fantasy Football Team huh?
    OK.... this is getting especially weird. Remember the conversation about this picture where I said your wife looks identical to a girl I went to high school with and your friend looks identical to a guy I was in the Navy with??? Well if you're name is Phil then that's getting really weird cause my name is Phil also. Except I don't look anything like you. You're much prettier than me. I'm pretty fugly!
  • Options
    This past weekend had perfect weather for a bike ride, so I cranked the throttle for a few hours. I stopped halfway and enjoyed a smoke while overlooking a quiet Atlantic Ocean.

Photobucket