12346»

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    One last thing.. When people mention the Old forum members and how they talk about how it used to be here... I believe when ever someone talks about the past, it is a form of nostalgia, like when you find an old photo album or a box of childhood possessions in the attic.. It takes you back to a time that made you happy, or reminds you old friends, people you are no longer in contact with, and you miss those times.. one day, guys who have only been here a short time will look back too, and be just as nostalgic as you see some members are today.. And, the guys who have yet to find this forum will have similar views to your comments when they talk about how things used to be. I remember my grand father, and fathers comments as I was growing up, how great everything was when they were young. They were just recycling the past for more than it was worth, just like I find myself doing now.
    Well said.

And unlike kuzi and I, kas is actually an FOG. He once told us about the first cigars to hit American shores from Cuba and how when he was young cigars provided just enough light to make it to the outhouse on a moonless night.
    Well Maddie, I don't remember telling the story quite that way, but then again the gaps in memory may be another consequence of being a senior member.
    Good to see you Kas. I'm glad you can still get here at your advanced age. How're the daughters?
    Thanks Maddie, good to see your still looking out for me and my family. Added another year last week but still as good as I ever was, at least I like to think so. My daughters are both fine. You know any nice guys with a good collection of Cuban cigars that might be interested in dating them. Not any of these old Pervs that hang around here though...Needs to be someone outside "The Family".
    Anyone got change for a Nickle so I can put my TWO CENTS in. there, back on topic.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    madurofan:
    Puff_Dougie:
    madurofan:
    Good to see you Kas. I'm glad you can still get here at your advanced age. How're the daughters?
    [extreme smart @ss mode] Now see??? This is what we're talking about!! How does this contribute to the discussion of cigars and the advancement of cigar knowledge??? [/extreme smart @ss mode]
    I'm terrible and going off topic in a thread once it starts to die. It happens ...
    I do hope you know I was just kidding! LOL!
    No I ignored the open and close statements, looked at your join date and knew you were an ignorant a$$.

LOL
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Puff_Dougie:
    madurofan:
    Puff_Dougie:
    madurofan:
    [extreme smart @ss mode] Now see??? This is what we're talking about!! How does this contribute to the discussion of cigars and the advancement of cigar knowledge??? [/extreme smart @ss mode]
    I'm terrible and going off topic in a thread once it starts to die. It happens ...
    No I ignored the open and close statements, looked at your join date and knew you were an ignorant a$$.

That is a joke, making fun of how serious this thread got for a minute. :) laugh gentlemen
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    One last thing.. When people mention the Old forum members and how they talk about how it used to be here... I believe when ever someone talks about the past, it is a form of nostalgia, like when you find an old photo album or a box of childhood possessions in the attic.. It takes you back to a time that made you happy, or reminds you old friends, people you are no longer in contact with, and you miss those times.. one day, guys who have only been here a short time will look back too, and be just as nostalgic as you see some members are today.. And, the guys who have yet to find this forum will have similar views to your comments when they talk about how things used to be. I remember my grand father, and fathers comments as I was growing up, how great everything was when they were young. They were just recycling the past for more than it was worth, just like I find myself doing now.
    Well said.

And unlike kuzi and I, kas is actually an FOG. He once told us about the first cigars to hit American shores from Cuba and how when he was young cigars provided just enough light to make it to the outhouse on a moonless night.
    Well Maddie, I don't remember telling the story quite that way, but then again the gaps in memory may be another consequence of being a senior member.
    Thanks Maddie, good to see your still looking out for me and my family. Added another year last week but still as good as I ever was, at least I like to think so. My daughters are both fine. You know any nice guys with a good collection of Cuban cigars that might be interested in dating them. Not any of these old Pervs that hang around here though...Needs to be someone outside "The Family".
    Anyone got change for a Nickle so I can put my TWO CENTS in. there, back on topic.
    I got a younger brother in Florida, what kind of dowry you offering? I mean they are YOUR daughters ...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    Well said.

I got a younger brother in Florida, what kind of dowry you offering? I mean they are YOUR daughters ...
    Well, that the tricky part. How about a Ford Explorer with 225,000 miles on it, a decent supply of cigars, and a sizable College Tuition repayment bill for those two. Looking at it from that side probably not so appealing. Did I mention the Cigars ? Just my TWO CENTS....
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    madurofan:
    Puff_Dougie:
    madurofan:
    Puff_Dougie:
    madurofan:

That is a joke, making fun of how serious this thread got for a minute. :) laugh gentlemen
    You didn't have to do all that deductive reasoning... you could have just asked anyone. ROFL!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Reading through this thread reminds me of House. The TV show. How they would be carrying on 2 or more conversations at the same time with the same people while trying to diagnose someone. Explaining why it wasn't lupus in one breath, followed by why he'd bang the other's mom. LOL
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Reading through this thread reminds me of House. The TV show. How they would be carrying on 2 or more conversations at the same time with the same people while trying to diagnose someone. Explaining why it wasn't lupus in one breath, followed by why he'd bang the other's mom. LOL
    somebody say Milf?

Aj
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    It's never lupus!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    Ken Light:
    +1 I don't mean that in any confrontational sort of way (I'll assume Daniel means he same), I'm genuinely curious.
    I'll sort of give you one... but only because he is no longer with us (and by that I should clarify and say he was kicked out). I have no idea how he was in the past. I have no intention of trying to find out. But what I did see of him myself, I couldn't stand the guy. Seems all he wanted to do was raise the likelihood of confrontation. So I never participated or answered in any of his threads. Not that I think that means anything to anyone else, just making a point to say if I don't like someon or some topic, I stay out of it. As for the other... I'm not saying. Could be a good person, just rubs me the wrong way and I don't want to influence someone one way or the other.

make any sense?

Know ye not the circumstances as you say. So why ye form a comment when ye understand not?

As for me, I hold my peace because we none, no not one of us, knows the mind of another. All we can do is to try and get past the water that has already passed under the bridge and try to get along with one another and leave others to do the same.
    My two cents for what it's worth.