Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Gonna start the coolerdor journey!!
    also ordered an 8 lb jug of exquisicat, kitty litter!
    anyone wanna donate a nice box or two, for the cause!!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The Kid:
    C-LOVE:
    Picked these up today. photo cigars018_zpsfcb615fe.jpg
    Nice Pick up, If ya wouldnt mind let us know your thoughts on the Seduction?
    Rudy, I tried one I was given by my local Gurkah rep, and I was not impressed. Boring. All I got was young tobacco and grass, with a tiny bit of woody flavor. Burned terrible. I only finished it out of courtesy.

The rep looked embarrassed as he could tell I didn't care for it... but this is the same guy that told me the Widowmaker was a $75+ cigar, and told me that the reps aren't even allowed to smoke them and that K.H. gives them out personally to his most high end customers...

So I sent the guy a 5 pack of them I got off the Sprint Sale for $21 and told him he could either believe that they are a crap $4 cigar, or believe that a guy he's only met about a half dozen times spent $400 on Gurkahs to send him to make him feel special. lol
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thanks man,, appreciate your insight.. saw those and the Ghost,, passed,, but since I enjoyed Gurkha (mostly when I started) I always wonder if its just another blend or if its somethin special. Hard to pick the good ones out when they flood the market with sooo many.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The Kid:
    Thanks man,, appreciate your insight.. saw those and the Ghost,, passed,, but since I enjoyed Gurkha (mostly when I started) I always wonder if its just another blend or if its somethin special. Hard to pick the good ones out when they flood the market with sooo many.
    I hear ya. The Cellar Reserves are legit. Awesome cigars. They are the only thing Gurkha makes that I'll spend money on these days.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:
    little run to the B&M this morning...

nice pick up.the cristo one of my favourites.i think it pairswell with a nice rum,just my opinion.hope you enjoy them all....
    I just picked it up because I've seen them around and was intrigued. Looking forward to trying it out. Any suggestions on rum? I'm more of a bourbon, scotch and beer guy.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

nice pick up.the cristo one of my favourites.i think it pairswell with a nice rum,just my opinion.hope you enjoy them all....
    I just picked it up because I've seen them around and was intrigued. Looking forward to trying it out. Any suggestions on rum? I'm more of a bourbon, scotch and beer guy.
    Zaya 12 year old goodness!!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

def try the zaya its my favourite.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstem:
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

I'll keep an eye out for it Jim/Vance. Do you 12 year rum drinkers drink on the rocks or straight up?
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

I'll keep an eye out for it Jim/Vance. Do you 12 year rum drinkers drink on the rocks or straight up?
    straight up... Ron Zacapa 23 as well, I like them in the freezer, brings out the caramel undertones.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

On the rocks but if you a like a slash of Sprite works very well.
  • Options
    I'll keep an eye out for both. Thank you Vance, Jim, and Dustin.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    DITKA!!!! IMAG0104
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    DITKA!!!! IMAG0104
    Nice pick up,, curious, is there a stick of gum in the coffins too?
  • Options
    The Kid:
    SleevePlz:
    DITKA!!!! IMAG0104
    Nice pick up,, curious, is there a stick of gum in the coffins too?
    Lol, I didn't open them yet, but I'm assuming no. I'm actually surprised they would do coffins for these cigars given the price point on them. Pretty cool.
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    take a pic of the cigar once you open the coffin. is the dark one a maduro.
  • Options
    jeep edson:
    take a pic of the cigar once you open the coffin. is the dark one a maduro.
    Yeah, the HOF is a maduro and the Coach is a Criollo wrapper. The Player (which I didn't get) is an Ecuadorian Connecticut, I believe.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Some Ligas and some Viaje purchased from a member. Looking forward to them after a few weeks of rest.

• Options
    Gotta love poker!!! image
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Options
    Have had all three and they are all very good!!!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pross:
    Some Ligas and some Viaje purchased from a member. Looking forward to them after a few weeks of rest.

awesome pickup !!!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    JACKPOT!!!!!

photo 93676DE7-3816-48E4-B2EA-05019296132D-6077-00000603A2C58F5E_zpsf73d9492.jpg

photo A5324036-A479-4905-A41E-1165E7863711-6077-00000601FF66130D_zpsf7f4be8e.jpg

photo D9853C89-6551-4567-9FEF-36A2019CE8A0-6077-00000602E36B1F28_zpse6e91346.jpg

photo A5328244-37F3-4F2C-BF32-4BBAFE6C3C67-6077-000005FC54DF982D_zps47e8dfbf.jpg
  • Options
    very nice
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    brianetz1:
    JACKPOT!!!!!

photo 93676DE7-3816-48E4-B2EA-05019296132D-6077-00000603A2C58F5E_zpsf73d9492.jpg

photo A5324036-A479-4905-A41E-1165E7863711-6077-00000601FF66130D_zpsf7f4be8e.jpg

photo D9853C89-6551-4567-9FEF-36A2019CE8A0-6077-00000602E36B1F28_zpse6e91346.jpg

photo A5328244-37F3-4F2C-BF32-4BBAFE6C3C67-6077-000005FC54DF982D_zps47e8dfbf.jpg
    some nice sticks there, and I have the same humi, very happy with it.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    got a little payback from bbass2 details in bombs and trades Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    pross:

awesome pickup !!!
    I want! hehe.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Got my end of a trade with Catfish....Can't wait to fire these up. image
  • Options
    very nice. whats the one on the right it got cut off
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    jeep edson:
    Hi Jeep :)
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeep edson:

There are two more. You can move it with a mouse drag. Robaina and Ramon Allones chilling off to the right.