Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't find it either so I got these.
    photo DD615272-orig.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buried in the fridge from the holidays image
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    That is an awesome pic.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Jetmech_63:
    Couldn't find it. Found this instead!!photo 4DDE78AB-DC74-4831-81B4-71A148F2A4C9.jpg
    Nice! I hear that is aweeesome

Had it last night with a buddy. It was good overall, incredibly complex, not boozy at all for being 13.3%. Though it was extremely sweet.....extremely! I almost wanted to put some in my hydrometer and take a gravity reading to see if it was the barrel characteristics or if it's residual sweetness was just that high. I'll get another bottle and hide it for a year but I doubt the sweetness will go away. If anyone is having a hard time finding it, let me know. Would also be good to get a diffrent perspective.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    jliu:
    Jetmech_63:
    Couldn't find it. Found this instead!!photo 4DDE78AB-DC74-4831-81B4-71A148F2A4C9.jpg
    Nice! I hear that is aweeesome

Had it last night with a buddy. It was good overall, incredibly complex, not boozy at all for being 13.3%. Though it was extremely sweet.....extremely! I almost wanted to put some in my hydrometer and take a gravity reading to see if it was the barrel characteristics or if it's residual sweetness was just that high. I'll get another bottle and hide it for a year but I doubt the sweetness will go away. If anyone is having a hard time finding it, let me know. Would also be good to get a diffrent perspective.
    i'm interested in trying it. how much is it per bottle?
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's sampling. A Goose Island Belgian that I haven't had before (they stopped bottling it in 2011), an Iron Maiden inspired British Ale, and something a little different from Right Brain. I think Carrie is going to like the Chipotle more than I. Untitled
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had some Goose Island beers I enjoy. I'm just taking baby steps into craft beers and don't even know what the dividing line between craft/non-craft might be.

Right now, I'm trying a Naked Pig Pale Ale from Back Forty Beer Company, Gadsden, Alabama. I'm not a huge IPA or APA fan--I blame the hops. This one is okay. It has a lot of hops flavor, but it's balanced and not overpowering.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Tonight's sampling. A Goose Island Belgian that I haven't had before (they stopped bottling it in 2011), an Iron Maiden inspired British Ale, and something a little different from Right Brain. I think Carrie is going to like the Chipotle more than I. Untitled
    Iron maiden ale has to be good... :) Not so sure ab the chipotle! I'm pretty boring when it comes to beers though.
  • Options
    You on Instagram Teach?
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    You on Instagram Teach?
    I have an account, but I don't think I've ever posted anything there though. I think I made it to enter a contest or something.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    You on Instagram Teach?
    I have an account, but I don't think I've ever posted anything there though. I think I made it to enter a contest or something.
    I post 3 things on my IG. Stogiestands, cigars and beer.
  • Options
    very nice tony. they look delicious (minus that chipotle one)
  • Options
    jliu:
    The pepper was only noticeable on the finish. Still not my cup o tea. Carrie polished it off though.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    The pepper was only noticeable on the finish. Still not my cup o tea. Carrie polished it off though.
    very nice. like you, chili infused beers are not my thing as well. I just finished this one off. not worth 22 bucks... Moved onto a classic manhattan
  • Options
    some cigar city brewery goodness. hunaaaaaaa!
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    That DB Huna is trading really high right now. Got a buddy down there that used to cook for them. They make some pretty amazing beers.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    BTW, if you're looking to trade one of those and are looking for anything in particular, I might be interested. Gotta get a box out to Squirrel first though.
  • Options
    Thanks Rob. I'm super excited for these! No offense but these are to be consumed w/ good friends.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Opening night
    photo FBF6CE00-orig.jpg
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    I'm about to finish off my six pack of Abita Andygator...really interesting beer. Perhaps my favorite from Abita so far.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    had these yesterday and today. I looooved them
  • Options
    Y'all are freaking enablers...I don't have the time or money to invest in beer, too!

That and I'd never find most of these. I'm happy with some Abita, Schlafly, or Lazy Magnolia with a few other brands thrown in from time to time. But damn, some of these look good.

Back to my Abita Andygator-a Helles Doppelbock 8 ABV. Yum.

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Juinn likes black butt....
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    he likes more than just the butt. Heyooooooo!
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Jetmech_63:
    I get down with arm pit too ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Martel:
    Y'all are freaking enablers...I don't have the time or money to invest in beer, too!

That and I'd never find most of these. I'm happy with some Abita, Schlafly, or Lazy Magnolia with a few other brands thrown in from time to time. But damn, some of these look good.

You have southern pecan, sweetwater, yeungling, and some other really good beers. There's another one I think but I can't remember. If you ever want to do a trade, let me know. BBQ and southern pecan is paradise.
  • Options
    james40:
    Martel:

You have southern pecan, sweetwater, yeungling, and some other really good beers. There's another one I think but I can't remember. If you ever want to do a trade, let me know. BBQ and southern pecan is paradise.
    Your list is my list except for sweetwater, never heard of that one. LM pecan > Abita pecan. You're right it'sgreat with BBQ. Had a Jefferson stout with meatloaf and baked sweet tater for dinner, and it was absolutely perfect.

• Options
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    Jetmech_63:
    I get down with arm pit too ;)
    dude ............