Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ya'll that like a good stout, keep an eye out for this beauty...

Old Engine Oil will blow your mind!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    For ya'll that like a good stout, keep an eye out for this beauty...

Old Engine Oil will blow your mind!
    I just want the friggin bottle. That is cool as hell!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    perkinke:
    I love the Old Rasputin. There's a bar that sells cigars in La Mesa and they have this on tap. It's usually between 9-13%. Good times.
  • Options
    Dougie, PM to ya.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Dougie, PM to ya.
    Back atcha.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    love dark/amber's, my everyday store beer is "Negra Modelo", some of my favorites when I go out, is BJ's Brewhouse "Jeremiah Red" & "Tatonka Stout"-you can buy 6 packs from them to take home also, I've also had a great red in Vegas from Sin City Brewing CO. called "Sin City Amber"
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Have you had the barrel aged? Damn good
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Jetmech_63:
    Stone Punishment? Im a stone **** and havent found that. You had Double Ba$tard?
    Oh yes. I have a 4 yr vertical that I will be opening on the 3rd with some friends. And if you don't like spicy anything do not search for that beer lol. It's aged Double *** with some of the hottest chilies available. Insane. Crime I think was a bit better but they were both intense.
    I had all the punishment beers, and wasn't a fan. I like ba$tard a little but drain poured double. Seems like stone just doesn't like me, most of the stuff I've had I don't dig. I do like the vanilla Porter though.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    JSaint:
    Jetmech_63:
    Stone Punishment? Im a stone **** and havent found that. You had Double Ba$tard?
    Oh yes. I have a 4 yr vertical that I will be opening on the 3rd with some friends. And if you don't like spicy anything do not search for that beer lol. It's aged Double *** with some of the hottest chilies available. Insane. Crime I think was a bit better but they were both intense.
    I had all the punishment beers, and wasn't a fan. I like ba$tard a little but drain poured double. Seems like stone just doesn't like me, most of the stuff I've had I don't dig. I do like the vanilla Porter though.
    Fresh ruination is one of my favorite beers in the world. But I'd rather have an amazing sour lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    perkinke:
    I love the Old Rasputin. There's a bar that sells cigars in La Mesa and they have this on tap. It's usually between 9-13%. Good times.
    A friend of mine introduced me to russian imperial stouts in college and I love them, sadly this is about the only decent one I can find around here. On tap though? That would be awesome.

Phoebic, I think I have had the barrel aged, if I remember right pretty high in alc but damn tasty.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm Labatt & hockey

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Whats your favorite Avery brew? I havent had any, so looking for reccomendations.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    I'm not quite a fan but definitely love to try new things. With my new venture in cigars I'd also like to take a venture into beers. Both Domestic and Import. What suggestions do you have to start. Would like to essentially start a list of beers that I would like to keep stocked in fridge.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JMartinez10:
    I'm not quite a fan but definitely love to try new things. With my new venture in cigars I'd also like to take a venture into beers. Both Domestic and Import. What suggestions do you have to start. Would like to essentially start a list of beers that I would like to keep stocked in fridge.
    Budweiser sucks. Here we have limited choices...Goose Neck....Blue Moon...Murphy s Stout...and a few others. Be adventurous and try a few, but skip the typical and boring been around forever American standards.
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Whats your favorite Avery brew? I havent had any, so looking for reccomendations.
    Depends what you like. Most of their stuff is great. Also if you have the patience their golden and quad are fantastic after some age.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    At my local watering hole, drinking a couple Michigan beers. Right Brain Naughty Girl Stout and Hideout Bacon Stout!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    roland_7707:
    Depends what you like. Most of their stuff is great. Also if you have the patience their golden and quad are fantastic after some age.
    thanks. Im trying to break into stouts, just need the time, and funds. But their stout looks cool, and good.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just now picked these up.
    photo 00F16D6A-orig.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've had both this year, Daniel. If you're a fan of big, boozy beer and lots of Bourbon character, you're in for a few treats there. This year's BC was very chocolatey. A bit sweeter in bottle than on tap but stellar none the less. The Barleywine was really nice as well. Again, a big, heavy, sweet, boozy sipper.
  • Options
    RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Let me say I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here in Colorado... a ton of craft beer everywhere you look! Better yet, tax free at the BX! I shouldn't mix anything with my Percocet, so I've been dry for a couple weeks now, but I've got this sitting in my fridge waiting for me:

edit: Picture won't work. Ive got a couple Easy Street Wheat, a tommyknockers wheat, and some delicious Hoffbrau Munich Original
  • Options
    Just went to the local place picked up a 6er of Hopslam and a bomber of Permanent Funeral from FFF.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Hugemoose:
    Yuengling Lager

Enough Said.
    That's what im talkin about!!
  • Options
    You've not lived until you've tried a REAL beer like this one.
    The older guys will know what this is.
    You younger guys can scratch your head for a while. ROFL!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Funny.. I drank a few of those " Generic" beers. back in the day when that was the money saving craze on everything. When was that , when Carter was president ?
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    the only difference was the ones I had in college the "BEER" was in red. But at 2 bucks a case who can complain?
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Last bottle :(Untitled Still delicious though!!!!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Last bottle :(Untitled Still delicious though!!!!
    Oh man. I loved that beer.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Daniel, where di you get that bourbon county?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Daniel, where di you get that bourbon county?
    from the freakin mafia. I went through some ish to get those lol.