Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks John for the great line up!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I am not sure I can take the time to tell you about my BEER LIFE...... I must say, living here in Northern California we are not lacking for KILLER Craft Beers...... As a Matter of Fact Ive been working my way through the craft and Import Isle at Total Wine..... Myself I am not a fan of all this IPA Hoppy As HELL CRAP.....LOL I am more an Amber Ale, Reds, Imperial Stouts Double Barrels etc..... Check out a life long buddy of Mines Brewery, hes won gold medals with his stuff www . weaselboybrewing . com It is Amazing
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    is that nosferatu any good? if any one could score me some Kentucky bourbon stout I'd be willing to send money, trade cigars, or beer.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    is that nosferatu any good? if any one could score me some Kentucky bourbon stout I'd be willing to send money, trade cigars, or beer.
    I'm a big fan, but then again I haven't found an imperial red I didn't like. And it's 92 on BA, FWIW - http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/73/1792

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I tried that Pumpking over the weekend.. Not really one of my favorites. Tastes too much like a Pumpkin muffin and not enough like beer.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a breckenridge vanilla porter which was awesome. A little sweet, but very smooth and not too thick like a lot of dark beers (for me anyway). Then I had a dogfish head palo santo. Way too sweet for me. Amd 12% abv is way too much for a beer!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Had to stop by the grocery store at lunch (always have to browse the beer aisle too while I'm there, LOL), and found a couple six-packs left on the shelves of 21st Amendments Fireside Chat.

I've heard good things about this but never tried it before. I liked their Hell or High Watermelon and Back in Black so figured I'd give it a shot.

Looking forward to cracking one open... anybody had the Fireside chat before?
    What did you think?

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Drank a Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin yesterday, has to be the best pumpkin beer I've ever had, probably gonna pick up some more before they sell out
  • Options
    anyone know any shops in cali that get in bourbon county? I know it's hitting in the next several weeks (at least it's being released) and was thinking on taking a trip to pick up a case or two.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    if any one could score me some Kentucky bourbon stout I'd be willing to send money, trade cigars, or beer.
    Did you ever find some ^^^^

If not, is this what you're looking for?

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    big chunks:
    Drank a Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin yesterday, has to be the best pumpkin beer I've ever had, probably gonna pick up some more before they sell out
    have you had the Shipyard Oatmeal Stout? Really delicious.
  • Options
    jgibv:
    phobicsquirrel:
    if any one could score me some Kentucky bourbon stout I'd be willing to send money, trade cigars, or beer.

I don't think so. It's from Founders brewing and has KBS in large letters on the bottle. Thanks for posting the picture though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    jgibv:
    phobicsquirrel:

I don't think so. It's from Founders brewing and has KBS in large letters on the bottle. Thanks for posting the picture though.
    Founders is damn good
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    jgibv:
    phobicsquirrel:

OOOO .... yeah Founders KBS. Definitely not the same as the pic I posted (Kentucky bourbon barrel stout from Altech brewing in Lexington)

Never seen Founders KBS around here ....
    I'd say your best bet would be to hit up the MI guys .... but I think it's even hard for them to get a hold of..... good luck

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    phobicsquirrel:
    jgibv:
    phobicsquirrel:

OOOO .... yeah Founders KBS. Definitely not the same as the pic I posted (Kentucky bourbon barrel stout from Altech brewing in Lexington)

I'd say your best bet would be to hit up the MI guys .... but I think it's even hard for them to get a hold of..... good luck
    Well geez, you should have messaged me back when they came out this year. I was able to purchase a case. At this point, I'm down to just a couple bottles. Somehow, it disappeared way to fast.
  • Options
    Yummy
  • Options
    GLBC Xmas Ale is on shelves now ........

Was disappointed when I couldn't find any more Nosferatu at the store this past weekend, but I was pleasantly surprised to find Xmas Ale instead.
    (I considered clearing the shelf and filling up the whole cart, LOL)

Now I need to find some Thirsty Dog 12 dogs of Xmas and I'll be all ready for the holidays. HO HO HO!!

• Options
    SleevePlz:
    jgibv:
    phobicsquirrel:
    jgibv:
    phobicsquirrel:

Well geez, you should have messaged me back when they came out this year. I was able to purchase a case. At this point, I'm down to just a couple bottles. Somehow, it disappeared way to fast.
    hmm well next release I may, just shipping a case is probably not going to work.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I've been enjoying some local stouts and porters lately.
  • Options
    My wife brought home goodies from the grocery store! Untitled
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Picked up a bottle of Firestone Velvet Merkin last weekend, its a strong Oatmeal Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels. I almost cried when i finished the bottle. Freaking amazing! So many flavors at play and so well balanced. This weekend going to try some Tioga-Sequoia Double Dry hopped IPA.
  • Options
    Now halloween is over. Going to Great Lakes Chritmas Ale. A must try for the midwesterners
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Jetmech_63:
    Picked up a bottle of Firestone Velvet Merkin last weekend, its a strong Oatmeal Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels. I almost cried when i finished the bottle. Freaking amazing! So many flavors at play and so well balanced. This weekend going to try some Tioga-Sequoia Double Dry hopped IPA.
    I'm going to have to try that Merkin.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Abita Amber. I've had this before and really enjoyed it even though it's a bit sweet for my tastes. It has some nice complexity. This brewer is based out of LA (state, not city) and is getting to be widely available in my area. This and their IPA are most common, but since I don't like a lot of IPAs for some reason, I tend to get this. But the gas station down the street sometimes carries their Purple Haze, but I think I'd buy it for my wife, not for me; it's got real raspberries in the mix.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Why I'm looking forward to Black Friday.... image
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Since the new releases of Stones Double *** and Ommegangs Three Philosophers touched the shelves I need to get them......I also need to find some people to share 4 vintages of both bottles lol. I have a vertical of 2010,2011,2012,2013 for each now. Cant wait to crack them open. Also I have been drinking the crap out of cheap beer since I have been without a job for almost two months but hey I love me some Sierra Nevada Celebration!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I'm a big Yuengling fan, though it's hard to find around here. I love me some Sam Adams too! Have a 12er of the winter special in the fridge now.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Abita Amber. I've had this before and really enjoyed it even though it's a bit sweet for my tastes. It has some nice complexity. This brewer is based out of LA (state, not city) and is getting to be widely available in my area. This and their IPA are most common, but since I don't like a lot of IPAs for some reason, I tend to get this. But the gas station down the street sometimes carries their Purple Haze, but I think I'd buy it for my wife, not for me; it's got real raspberries in the mix.

Yeah skip the purple haze but try the turbodog if you can find it. Used to drink quite a bit of that stuff in AR. I may have to pick some up when I'm home for Christmas. I miss just about everything that Boulevard makes as well as Schlafly. I think we get some Abita stuff out here though. I'll have to look.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Martel:

Yeah skip the purple haze but try the turbodog if you can find it. Used to drink quite a bit of that stuff in AR. I may have to pick some up when I'm home for Christmas. I miss just about everything that Boulevard makes as well as Schlafly. I think we get some Abita stuff out here though. I'll have to look.
    I never go in gas stations. Strictly a pay at the pump kind of guy, but this one has a big Abita promotion running from the sign in their window, so you'd hope they have a selection. Might have to check it out. Unfortunately, the Sam's Club size case of Amber is taking up all my beer space in the fridge.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Martel:

Gordon, where in Ar are you from?
    One God, One Truth