• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just had a witches brew soooo good.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    pelirrojo:
    Martel:
    Abita Amber. I've had this before and really enjoyed it even though it's a bit sweet for my tastes. It has some nice complexity. This brewer is based out of LA (state, not city) and is getting to be widely available in my area. This and their IPA are most common, but since I don't like a lot of IPAs for some reason, I tend to get this. But the gas station down the street sometimes carries their Purple Haze, but I think I'd buy it for my wife, not for me; it's got real raspberries in the mix.

Yeah skip the purple haze but try the turbodog if you can find it. Used to drink quite a bit of that stuff in AR. I may have to pick some up when I'm home for Christmas. I miss just about everything that Boulevard makes as well as Schlafly. I think we get some Abita stuff out here though. I'll have to look.
    Gordon, where in Ar are you from?

Springdale/Fayetteville area. I went to school at UCA in Conway. I may be in the LR area briefly around Christmas.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    roland_7707:
    pelirrojo:
    Martel:
    Abita Amber. I've had this before and really enjoyed it even though it's a bit sweet for my tastes. It has some nice complexity. This brewer is based out of LA (state, not city) and is getting to be widely available in my area. This and their IPA are most common, but since I don't like a lot of IPAs for some reason, I tend to get this. But the gas station down the street sometimes carries their Purple Haze, but I think I'd buy it for my wife, not for me; it's got real raspberries in the mix.

Yeah skip the purple haze but try the turbodog if you can find it. Used to drink quite a bit of that stuff in AR. I may have to pick some up when I'm home for Christmas. I miss just about everything that Boulevard makes as well as Schlafly. I think we get some Abita stuff out here though. I'll have to look.
    Gordon, where in Ar are you from?

Springdale/Fayetteville area. I went to school at UCA in Conway. I may be in the LR area briefly around Christmas.
    Cool man, im about 20 min south of little rock. If you have the time let me know and maybe we can meet up and burn one.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Just picked up Stones Crime, Punishment, and Southern Charred. Because it was an online order and I needed to make it even I also grabbed some Modern Times singles. Yay for credit cards when you are still waiting on paychecks lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Had a little Bell's tasting last night. After the K-zoo Stout, we had the Porter and Amber Ale. Really liked the Porter! Untitled
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Had a little Bell's tasting last night. After the K-zoo Stout, we had the Porter and Amber Ale. Really liked the Porter! Untitled
    Great stout. I wonder what the Kalamazoo IPA is going to be like.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Drank a stone Suede tonight, real good porter
  • Options
    big chunks:
    me too! Definitely agree. One of the better collabs I've had from them.
  • Options
    big chunks:
    me too! Definitely agree. One of the better collabs I've had from them.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    It's funny I'm not a porter kinda guy I like stouts, I mean I'm going all in I'm dark beer, lol but this one held its own
  • Options
    big chunks:
    It's funny I'm not a porter kinda guy I like stouts, I mean I'm going all in I'm dark beer, lol but this one held its own
    i would say the reason why it was good was because of the alcohol percentage. It gave it more body. Ever tried Founders Porter?
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I've backed off the hops in recent years. I home brewed for a while some years back and made a pretty decent brown ale (easiest place to start).

Lately the Penn Brewing Co.'s Oktoberfest was a favorite. I also like Irish Reds, whit beers with orange and coriander… that Allagash beer that is aged in whiskey casks is pretty amazing!

We were in London recently and the pubs do it right… the flavor of the beer really does pop when the beer isn't chilled so much.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's lineup. That Voodoo Doughnut sounded too intriguing to pass up. Hope it's good. Untitled
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    About to go have some Bourbon County on tap!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    ah yes... this is half of Black Note.

the good half actually.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    Jetmech_63:
    Picked up a bottle of Firestone Velvet Merkin last weekend, its a strong Oatmeal Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels. I almost cried when i finished the bottle. Freaking amazing! So many flavors at play and so well balanced. This weekend going to try some Tioga-Sequoia Double Dry hopped IPA.
    I'm going to have to try that Merkin.
    If you can find the fw 17 anni I suggest you get one go try.... if you like bourbon that is.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen the 17 around here yet. Knowing FW and their terrible track record for MA distribution for the last few releases, they probably shipped us one bottle. I'll have to see if I can find it.
  • Options
    Cracked open a 2012 KBS, 2012 GI BCS, 2013 GI BCS, and a 2010 SN 30th Anniversary Barelywine. Awesome night lol.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Tonight's lineup. That Voodoo Doughnut sounded too intriguing to pass up. Hope it's good. Untitled
    Is that the PBJ Banana?
    Haven't tried mine yet, got 1 at home. Let me know how it is....

I finally *tried* the Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon doughnut this past weekend...not what I was expecting.

Found my Thirsty Dog 12 dogs of Xmas Ale on draft last Friday .... it was as good as I remembered. Need to find some in bottles to have at home.
    Shared a 6-er of GLBC Xmas Ale on Sat with a friend, sooo good. Need to get some more.
    And then cracked open my last 3 Harpoon Winter Warmers that I've been saving since last Xmas....I liked this beer when it was "fresh"....but damn!!! I would much rather drink it after 1 year in the cellar.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I favor small local breweries so I tend to buy growlers from one of the three local breweries in Bellingham: Boundary Bay, Kulshan, and Chuckanut. I prefer IPA but honestly I rarely drink beer when I smoke, preferring a good single malt or perhaps a whisky. (As long as it's not Canadian)
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Getting a little burnt out on GLBC Xmas Ale & Thirsty Dog 12 dogs of Xmas so I picked up some Sierra Nevada Celebration & Bell's Winter White Ale recently.
    Love the Sierra Nevada, forgot how good it was. And the Winter White is good, but drinks more like a hefeweizen IMO.

Also had a fantastic brew, courtesy of BigShizza last week, "Fred" from Hair of the Dog Brewery.
    It's described as an "American Strong Ale" but reminded me of a witbier, and had some similarities to the Sam Adams Imperial White (which I love)....this one was delicious.
    10% ABV wasn't overpowering or too noticeable, until I stood up lol. Nice balance of hops, a little fruitiness, and a slight sweetness at the end -- smooth, creamy mouthfeel.
    Drink a couple of these and you'll get a nice buzz going in no time.
    I'll have to see if I can get this locally, it's a new favorite. Thanks Jim!!!

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    photo 6BEFDC42-0D02-4089-ACDC-85F5845F311A_1.jpg Another small batch from 21st Amendment. Not bad, they have made better. I wish they would bring back Monks Blood.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    grab a few corked if the Three Phils and put them down for a year. Outrageous.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    photo 6BEFDC42-0D02-4089-ACDC-85F5845F311A_1.jpg Another small batch from 21st Amendment. Not bad, they have made better. I wish they would bring back Monks Blood.
    Agree....fireside chat was decent but I guess I expected more from them. Good beer overall though.

• Options
    Brother was home from Ecuador so I decided it was time to open some awesome beers. Cracked open a 2yo Founders RIS, Cantillon Lou Pepe, GI Juliet, and last but not least half a case of SN Celebration. Awesome Christmas I would say.
  • Options
    JSaint:
    Brother was home from Ecuador so I decided it was time to open some awesome beers. Cracked open a 2yo Founders RIS, Cantillon Lou Pepe, GI Juliet, and last but not least half a case of SN Celebration. Awesome Christmas I would say.
    Oh also Stone Punishment lol. Everyone tried it and all said the same thing "Yuck why would you drink that!"
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Stone Punishment? Im a stone **** and havent found that. You had Double Ba$tard?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Stone Punishment? Im a stone **** and havent found that. You had Double Ba$tard?
    Oh yes. I have a 4 yr vertical that I will be opening on the 3rd with some friends. And if you don't like spicy anything do not search for that beer lol. It's aged Double *** with some of the hottest chilies available. Insane. Crime I think was a bit better but they were both intense.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Just picked up a 6er of this Magic Hat Heart of Darkness stout. Tastes great but oddly is better from the bottle than in a glass. That happens for me sometimes...

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/96/297/
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭