Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    photo CD7931B6-1016-420A-AFB0-48B131073917.jpgArrogant Ba$tard and arena football. Today Is a good day...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Jetmech_63:
    Arrogant Ba$tard and arena football. Today Is a good day...
    Enjoy Buy for me. How's the family doing?
  • Options
    james40:
    Jetmech_63:
    Doing great bro, thanks for asking! Wife and kid have been asleep since the start of the game giving me some much needed man time:). Enjoy by s a kick ass beer, fresh IPA is awesome. I got some of chrislolds beloved lagunitas undercover investigation shutdown... Had one yesterday. I feel bad for saying it but it tastes like mediocre IPA waters down with rubbing alcohol. Might take a while for the alcohol edge to wear off... If not I'll just bomb Chris:)
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    photo CD7931B6-1016-420A-AFB0-48B131073917.jpgArrogant Ba$tard and arena football. Today Is a good day...
    My wife likes your glass.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Jetmech_63:
    james40:
    Jetmech_63:
    Doing great bro, thanks for asking! Wife and kid have been asleep since the start of the game giving me some much needed man time:). Enjoy by s a kick ass beer, fresh IPA is awesome. I got some of chrislolds beloved lagunitas undercover investigation shutdown... Had one yesterday. I feel bad for saying it but it tastes like mediocre IPA waters down with rubbing alcohol. Might take a while for the alcohol edge to wear off... If not I'll just bomb Chris:)
    good to hear bro. Get the little sumpin sumpin, really great beer. I heard that the enjoy buy, before it's ready, is the Go To beer. I'm trying to find some. You should come to the Stone cigar event on May 14th.
  • Options
    Anyone had the Young's Double Chocolate Stout?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    can is better than bottle. Pretty good stuff.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Got a free bottle the ither day, thinking about cracking it open.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Got a free bottle the ither day, thinking about cracking it open.
    Only reason I like the can more is because it has a nitro widget in it. Makes the beer taste better to me atleast.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    roland_7707:
    I've never had it by itself. I've always mixed it with Wells Banana Bread Beer.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    JSaint:
    roland_7707:
    I've never had it by itself. I've always mixed it with Wells Banana Bread Beer.
    I'm going to share this with Carrie. I have a feeling she will want to mix this up and try it tonight.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Only redeeming feature of the hippie co-op in my neighborhood is their wide selection of beer, just grabbed a selection that should tide me over for a bit.
  • Options
    perkinke:
    Only redeeming feature of the hippie co-op in my neighborhood is their wide selection of beer, just grabbed a selection that should tide me over for a bit.
    lemme know if you like the cappuccino stout. If so I'll send you one that will blow your socks off!
  • Options
    Who makes the 2 ton beer with the fat guy on the label?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    If youre talking about "ale of the 2 tun" it's Hermitage.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Yep, any good?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    james40:
    Jetmech_63:
    hahaha, you don't dig it eh? It's definitely got a higher ABV then most and it does have a large hit like Stone's Double *** if you're not used to higher ABV.

That one, Ruination and Double *** are my fav's, but I'm a bigger guy who can't get a buzz from beer below 7%.

I've got to find a good way to package up your Fyodors and send out to ya. I PM'd as well!
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A brew from Louisiana.. It'll bite u like a gator for sure! image
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrislolds:
    Jetmech_63:
    james40:
    Jetmech_63:
    hahaha, you don't dig it eh? It's definitely got a higher ABV then most and it does have a large hit like Stone's Double *** if you're not used to higher ABV.

That one, Ruination and Double *** are my fav's, but I'm a bigger guy who can't get a buzz from beer below 7%.

I've got to find a good way to package up your Fyodors and send out to ya. I PM'd as well!
    Chris,
    Speaking of beer, we should meet up one evening after work over at Original Mike's for a beer and a cigar now that the weather is getting warmer.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    chrislolds:
    Jetmech_63:
    james40:
    Jetmech_63:

Chris,
    Speaking of beer, we should meet up one evening after work over at Original Mike's for a beer and a cigar now that the weather is getting warmer.
    For sure, where you located at? I've only been in Santa Ana for about a year now, driven past original mikes regularly never been, pretty chill place?
  • Options
    chrislolds:
    For sure, where you located at? I've only been in Santa Ana for about a year now, driven past original mikes regularly never been, pretty chill place?
    Live in Lake Forest but work 1.2 miles from you. Original Mike's is ok but they have beer and let you smoke cigars on the patio so it's a nice stop before driving home for me.
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Jetmech_63:
    Yep, any good?
    havent had it in a while because they don't sell it near me, shame too because it's friggin awesome! I wouldn't hesitate to pick up some more!
  • Options
    chrislolds:
    Jetmech_63:
    james40:
    Jetmech_63:

Youre too awesome for words bro Thank You!!! About the Lagunitas, I love strong brews and currently am stuck on trying all things double IPA. I think I was expecting something different...maybe more hops...I dunno. Just seems overly boozy without a whole lot going on. Hairy eyeball did the same thing for me which was disappointing because I was looking for that for a long time too. But I can't get enough RIS, barleywine, DIPA etc...
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    chrislolds:
    Live in Lake Forest but work 1.2 miles from you. Original Mike's is ok but they have beer and let you smoke cigars on the patio so it's a nice stop before driving home for me.
    Ahhh, I'm actually in foothill ranch right now at the chicks parents house, I lived in foothill, lake forest, Rancho Santa margarita and worked in lake forest for a while... nice area
  • Options
    chrislolds:
    bandyt09:
    chrislolds:
    Ahhh, I'm actually in foothill ranch right now at the chicks parents house, I lived in foothill, lake forest, Rancho Santa margarita and worked in lake forest for a while... nice area
    Damn bro, it's like you're stalking the 20 count..............
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    chrislolds:
    bandyt09:
    chrislolds:
    I had Balut yesterday by the BevMo
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    I had Balut yesterday by the BevMo
    On purpose?
  • Options
    Close to the bevmo so you could quickly get th taste out of your mouth:)
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    chrislolds:
    bandyt09:
    chrislolds:
    On the drive home tonight I realized you got very specific about how far away you work from me... How do you know its 1.2 miles? Whats going on here?
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    A brew from Louisiana.. It'll bite u like a gator for sure! image
    That's probably my favorite Abita, right there. Their pecan is nowhere near as good as Lazy Magnolia. Purple Haze is gross. Amber is good, but gets old quick. Strawberry and Grapefruit get a funny look from me because I find their premise quite dubious. Not sure what else I've seen around here from them. Oh, Jockamo IPA. No. Much prefer the Andygator.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.