Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love me some Wells Banana Bread beer, not something I could drink on a regular basis but it's always spot on whenever I get a craving for it.

Saw a post from a local bottle shop they had just got in some Wells Sticky Toffee Pudding....never heard of it before. Looked for some reviews around the web but it's always hard to gauge "specialty" beers like this IMO.
    Anybody had it? How's it stack up to Wells Banana Bread?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Love me some Wells Banana Bread beer, not something I could drink on a regular basis but it's always spot on whenever I get a craving for it.

Saw a post from a local bottle shop they had just got in some Wells Sticky Toffee Pudding....never heard of it before. Looked for some reviews around the web but it's always hard to gauge "specialty" beers like this IMO.
    It was different. Not bad but the banana is much better imo. You're right though it does hit the spot.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    jgibv:

It was different. Not bad but the banana is much better imo. You're right though it does hit the spot.
    Thanks phobic, I'll have to try a bottle of the sticky pudding then. Glad to hear it's not a "fail" like the rogue voodoo doughnuts, yuck!

• Options
    jgibv:
    phobicsquirrel:
    jgibv:

Thanks phobic, I'll have to try a bottle of the sticky pudding then. Glad to hear it's not a "fail" like the rogue voodoo doughnuts, yuck!
    Lol, well imo the bacon maple was good in very small amounts. But i know what u mean. I haven't had the new one yet due to the big bottle. I'd say get one and try it. I wouldn't say it was a fail but nothing great.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    SpeakEasy Scarlett Red Rye and Lobotomy Boch on tap tonight
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Having this while watching hockey! photo D5C15A46-6327-457D-8F4C-8615DB3E3E5F_zpsniagz9c9.jpg
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Having this while watching hockey! photo D5C15A46-6327-457D-8F4C-8615DB3E3E5F_zpsniagz9c9.jpg
    Any good? I have a shop that stocks a lot of Ommegang. Curious if I should consider it if it shows up.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Imo i didn't think this beer is all that great. I liked the last release though. I'm curious if you liked it jsaint as well. This beer has come up a bit with my circle and we're divided on it.
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Imo i didn't think this beer is all that great. I liked the last release though. I'm curious if you liked it jsaint as well. This beer has come up a bit with my circle and we're divided on it.
    I had last years release....was far too drunk by the time I tried it to remember any of it though....Glad to know it was good when I had it last year!
  • Options
    Btw I'll be watching hockey as well. I haven't figured out what I'm drinking though. Ran some errands and stopped by a place for some block15 tropical slam sticky hands. Last night i had samuel smiths organic chocolate stout while watching the wild/hawks. That was interesting.
  • Options
    chrislolds:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had last years release....was far too drunk by the time I tried it to remember any of it though....Glad to know it was good when I had it last year!
    Lol, we got three bottles of it and they are now gone. I liked the licorice in it. When the fire and blood came out they had a lot of last years out as well. We even grabbed some got glasses. Wish they had the house logos on them.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    It was just a red with belgian yeast....wasnt the best beer I have had from them. Actually it might be the worst.....but the worst from them is like the best from Central Waters brewing.
  • Options
    Really liked the Take the Black stout. Dang good belgian stout.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minnesota beer
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    These two were absolutely perfect for tonight after a good steak dinner. I love a good coffee stout.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    jgibv:
    phobicsquirrel:
    jgibv:

Lol, well imo the bacon maple was good in very small amounts. But i know what u mean. I haven't had the new one yet due to the big bottle. I'd say get one and try it. I wouldn't say it was a fail but nothing great.
    Man, both the rogue voodoo bacon donut, and voodoo pb&banana donut were awful. Found them in the large 750 mL bottles, had a terrible, metallic aftertaste.

I tried to like them, I wanted to drink them --- but eww, it was like chewing on a nickel, ick.
    I hardly ever pour out a beer, or don't finish a beer....
    But both of these went down the sink after a just few sips, they were nasty.

Maybe they had gone bad or something since yours was drinkable. IDK how long they were at the store before I got them, but man they were gross.

• Options
    Most people that i know aren't thrilled with them either, but rogue keeps them coming.
  • Options
    JSaint:
    Really liked the Take the Black stout. Dang good belgian stout.
    Very good beer.
  • Options
    Had a BA sexual chocolate and block 15 imagine at a poker bottle share on sunday. Great beers!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hop Stoopid by Laguinitas. Another fantastic beer by them.
  • Options
    Having this tonight while watching the Wild! Awesome beer!image
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Hop Stoopid by Laguinitas. Another fantastic beer by them.
    i actually had the exact same thing tonight. had it on tap while destroying some buffalo wings
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Wow....whered yall find that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Jetmech_63:
    Wow....whered yall find that
    Bevmo 2/$8 for the Hop Stoopid.
  • Options
    Just picked up these great brews. imageimage
  • Options
    You get dragons milk? Cool always wanted some of that. Nice haul
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    You get dragons milk? Cool always wanted some of that. Nice haul
    Yea. Didnt know you havent had New Hollands Dragons Milk before. I think it may be year round up here. That one is a special reserve with Toasted Chilies added.
  • Options
    Made a trip south this weekend and had some real treats.
    Jackie O's Dark Appirition Stout, Jackie O's Paw Paw Wheat Ale, Mt. Carmel Blonde Ale, and brought home a growler of Jackie O's Razz Wheat. So tasty :-)

Mmm....beer.

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally opened this up last night. It was damn good. The tequila taste wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
    photo D9B28D9E-orig.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    DZR, had the Lost Abbey Devotion last night and was hesitant as I am not usually a Pale Ale fan with as much Alcohol it said it had 6.3% but man that pint last night blew my mind I will definitely be buying some the next time I am at the store.