Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had cooler temps last weekend and it felt like fall ....
    so i cracked open my last pumking from 2013. mmm, soo good.
    but this week has been back to the mid 80s, too hot for pumpkin beers.

i've started to see southern tier's pumking hit shelves around here....(along with lots of other pumpkin/octoberfests beers)....

going to grab a couple more pumkings in the next few weeks, damn that stuff is good. like pumpkin pie in a bottle. so tasty.
    hoping to find some heavy seas great'er pumpkin too, but not going to hold my breath.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:

i've started to see southern tier's pumking hit shelves around here....(along with lots of other pumpkin/octoberfests beers)....

going to grab a couple more pumkings in the next few weeks, damn that stuff is good. like pumpkin pie in a bottle. so tasty.
    hoping to find some heavy seas great'er pumpkin too, but not going to hold my breath.
    Gotta love seeing the next round of seasonal beers! Can't wait to pick up some pumpkin ales as well.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Brought home a growler from The Great Dane brewery here in the Madison area. Great Farmhouse style.
    There is a brewery named after me????? Sweet
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jgibv:

Gotta love seeing the next round of seasonal beers! Can't wait to pick up some pumpkin ales as well.
    mmm hmm.
    i love fall
    great seasonal beers, football, bonfires, nice & cool weather....what more could you want?

can't wait for great lakes nosferatu either; that's some good stuff too.

• Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Why is it that when I run at my local park and see an empty beer can lying on the ground, it's always Miller Lite? How come hooligans never have an appreciation for something with a bit of flavor?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Stone Coffee Milk Stout hitting shelves this week.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Nice.......doubt I will be able to get any though. The Saison never hit my area either.....(my area being Northern IL because WI doesnt get Stone).
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Jetmech_63:
    Nice.......doubt I will be able to get any though. The Saison never hit my area either.....(my area being Northern IL because WI doesnt get Stone).
    From what I've heard, from s Stone rep, Stone is working with some breweries in IL and WI to distribute their beer here on the west coast so hopefully they'll be able to reciprocate and get Stone stuff out there.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    JSaint:
    Jetmech_63:
    From what I've heard, from s Stone rep, Stone is working with some breweries in IL and WI to distribute their beer here on the west coast so hopefully they'll be able to reciprocate and get Stone stuff out there.
    I'm going to the Brewery on the 16th. I'll see if I can get some info
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    bandyt09:
    JSaint:
    Jetmech_63:
    I'm going to the Brewery on the 16th. I'll see if I can get some info
    Dooooooood if theres anything rare let me know! lol Stone is probably my favorite brewery.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Went to a few brew tours this weekend
    photo 2B37B02C-orig.jpg
    photo BE7AF4FE-orig.jpg
    photo 434A94DF-orig.jpg
  • Options
    Not beer but it's what beer goes in: My new Pint glasses.

• Options
    bandyt09:
    Not beer but it's what beer goes in: My new Pint glasses.

hahaha those are awesome!
    can i ask where you found them?

• Options
    jgibv:
    Sure, you can ask......................

www.gohastings.com
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    jgibv:
    Sure, you can ask......................

www.gohastings.com
    thanks for the info, todd. i'll check it out.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in BPS and the first one is equivalent to about $4.80. And the size of the glass is smaller then most American glasses.

• Options
    eh?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    eh?

Is my added explanation what your "eh" was about? My apologies :)
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to a beer festival in Durango, CO Saturday afternoon. 50 breweries will be present. Sounds like a good time to me
  • Options
    Just spent the past few days in Traverse City. Hit up a couple of my favorite breweries up there, Right Brain and North Peak. Sadly, a couple of the beers I was most looking forward to weren't available at this moment. Damn seasonal, rotating crap! Lol, regardless, I enjoyed several delicious beers this week.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any suggestions for chocolate stouts to try? Thanks fellas.
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    young's double chocolate stout.

can't go wrong with that one, and it's pretty widely available.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:

Thank you sir. Will let you know my thoughts.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Rogue double chocolate is amazing but hard to find. Samuel Smith's chocolate stout is good and easy to find.
  • Options
    No_one21:
    Rogue double chocolate is amazing but hard to find. Samuel Smith's chocolate stout is good and easy to find.
    Is that the regular SS Chocolate Stout or the Organic Chocolate Stout? I hear the Organic is much better than the regular.
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:

Royln, IMHO, Young's in the can is better than the Young's in the bottle. Young's on tap can't be beat.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    No_one21:
    Is that the regular SS Chocolate Stout or the Organic Chocolate Stout? I hear the Organic is much better than the regular.
    Organic yes sir.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:

Royln, IMHO, Young's in the can is better than the Young's in the bottle. Young's on tap can't be beat.
    +1
    it has a creamier mouthfeel on tap or in the nitro can ... that's not to say the bottles bad ... just not quite the same.

cracked open a bottle of paw paw wheat to go with homemade pizza last night.
    yum

• Options
    Picked up a couple pumpkin beers recently, the Alaskan Pumpkin Porter and Griffin Claw Screamin Pumpkin Ale. Both were very good!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Picked up a couple pumpkin beers recently, the Alaskan Pumpkin Porter and Griffin Claw Screamin Pumpkin Ale. Both were very good!
    photo 4856419B-5900-442A-AF9B-477C95741824.jpg