Home Non Cigar Related

Beer

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Barrel Aged Stouts with cigars.  Dragons Milk, Any of the Hoppin Frog Brewery stouts,  Speedway Stout, Ten Fiddy

There are so many more but these are some of my favorites.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Dragon's Milk Stout, but you might want to start with something lighter like Obsidian Stout by Deschutes or Founder's Breakfast Stout.  Black Butte Porter by Deschutes is also very good to pair with cigars, not sure it's available near you.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even more Jesus!!! 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Agree with the Deschutes suggestion. Start small and graduate to the ones avengethis suggested.
    Look for Buffalo Sweat or Zombie Monkey from Tallgrass Brewing from Manhattan KS. 

Oops sorry, you posted that while I was typing. I stand by my Tallgrass recommendation though. Support the local brewers.
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even more Jesus!!! 
    Is that the Jim Jones stout?
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the Deschutes suggestion. Start small and graduate to the ones avengethis suggested.
    Look for Buffalo Sweat or Zombie Monkey from Tallgrass Brewing from Manhattan KS. 

Oops sorry, you posted that while I was typing. I stand by my Tallgrass recommendation though. Support the local brewers.
    Good to know there are some good local brews, I'll give those a try this week.
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Boulevard breweries, you can thank me later! 
    The smokestack series Mexican chocolate is one of the best beers I have ever had! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jump on Untappd and see what the guys are drinking.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    For Thursday herf at my house, and whatever is left will come to Milwaukee.

I'm bringing a couple also.
    Very nice Charlie! 
    I hope you all know how much I would like to be there.  :(
    Enjoy my brothers! 
    Even more Jesus!!! 
    Is that the Jim Jones stout?
    It's one my go to stouts!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should grab some prairie ales prairier bomb, birthday bomb, and paradise bomb
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Heres the starter pack I picked up
    That is a great price for Dragons Milk! One of my favorites and not available in NM. 
    Agree with @Usaf06 the Prairie bombs are not cheap but really good! 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in case you guys are still sober when we get there.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with a russian imperial stout.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might have to start a pool; who's the first one to puke or pass out?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    @CharlieHeis it would be awesome if that Bourbon County Makes it to Milwaukee and not destroyed in IL.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    peter4jc said:
    Might have to start a pool; who's the first one to puke or pass out?
    I'll fall asleep first. It's my signature move. 

@CharlieHeis it would be awesome if that Bourbon County Makes it to Milwaukee and not destroyed in IL.
    I'll pack another one just in case.
    edited June 2017
    Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke. Hanging at @peter4jc's house and enjoying a beer that @MVW67 left here. Cheers.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the full report, jump on Untappd. It is fairly epic.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    MOW badge received.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Drink 10 of those and get on Vherf
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

If I could afford 10 of them I totally would.  Saving it to share with Brad next Saturday.
    MOW badge received.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

Team O'Donnell FTW!

edited July 2017
    Mmmmmmmmmmm, that coffee abduction is so good!  That hopping frog oatmeal stout we had Saturday was super super tasty as well.  Thank you again Brad!
    MOW badge received.
    Inspired by @bandyt09, but my version is named Evil Beaver. 
    Thanks for the idea Todd! D@mn good! 

From a trade with @Jetmech_63 a while back. 
    Very good! Thanks Vinny!  :)