Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CBS sold out in less than 30 mins everywhere it was offered here.  Lots of beer nerds in and around Chicago.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprisingly good, my first foray into this type of beer. 

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess when I like something I go all in. Already tucked into a zip line coconut stout. Spot on for almond joy creamer and coffee
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CharlieHeis ; that black note stout is great. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    @CharlieHeis ; that black note stout is great. 
    The first two beer geeks that came in for the CBS grabbed this also and were pretty excited about it. I had never even heard of it. Bell's is proud of it also...$23 / 4pk 
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CharlieHeis --- yeah it's pricy.
    but pretty damn good and definitely worth trying. 

not something i can afford to buy all the time, but a nice treat

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sam Adam's Octoberfest.
    It may not be on everyone's list but I have been trying to get a 6 pack for years (bottles) and they were always sold out. Finally got a 6er and next year I will be looking for a case. A very good beer,
    Use to love Lowenbrau. Then Miller started making it and selling it, they ruined it. Now I don't even see it on the shelves.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Sam Adam's Octoberfest.
    It may not be on everyone's list but I have been trying to get a 6 pack for years (bottles) and they were always sold out. Finally got a 6er and next year I will be looking for a case. A very good beer,
    Use to love Lowenbrau. Then Miller started making it and selling it, they ruined it. Now I don't even see it on the shelves.
    Remind me next year and I can help with that.  I can get it all day long when it comes out.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Today's haul. A few locals, a few long shots
  • Options
    Something new with supper
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Whole Foods near my work was pouring Founders tonight. Nice sale on Breakfast Stout. He told me to check at the local Costco for CBS, I guess I'm going to Costco.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    The funny thing is I was going to Whole Foods just to buy the Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA fresh fresh hops version and the Anchor Steam Christmas beer and ended up buying either of these.

I'll pick these up later.
  • Options
    CBS sold out
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't drink all day unless you start in the morning, consider the day started. At least it has coffee.

• Options
    I feel like a proud mother hen. All my babies survived. Score is Cap'n-8 baggage handlers-0
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    jd50ae said:
    Sam Adam's Octoberfest.
    Remind me next year and I can help with that.  I can get it all day long when it comes out.
    I love you man.
    Live a good life and don't have any accidents.
  • Options
    @Chalupa_Batman I don't know whether to thank you or curse you. On one hand you hit me with this magical brew, on the other hand, I can't get any more locally
  • Options
    On tap alert, may have to make a stop   

• Options
    edited December 2017
    15% barrel aged Eisbock, brewery only that the founders folks have me a glass to try. Smooth. 

• Options
    That's a hard act to follow Yak. Makes me wonder if my swill is worthy. Rogue chocolate stout. Rather weak at 6.8 abv but it'll do for now. My OCD is in overdrive because this is the only container I have big enough to hold a bomber and its too big
  • Options
    Another free pour, just a bit, chocolate covered blueberries, very nice. Awesome night. 

• Options
    These high gravity beers can be hard on you, that's why I asked for only a small sample of the Lizard of Koz, but I'm glad I dropped in tonight. 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Lizard of Koz, great to share with friends after dinner but don't think I would enjoy an entire bomber by myself. It seems to get even sweeter as it warms.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    I like the Lizard of Koz, great to share with friends after dinner but don't think I would enjoy an entire bomber by myself. It seems to get even sweeter as it warms.
    It's got a good bit of bourbon heat as well.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It's got syrup in it. That makes it a breakfast item
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that sounds amazing.  Looks like Lucas has discovered the rabbit hole.  Sorry buddy.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a mix six and a bottle of wine for tonight. Doing Chinese food, kiddo is going to bed early and doing a much needed relax afternoon and night. Prost! Y’all can keep drinking that dark heavy stuff I’m still in love with my hops!

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sour kind of day because the weather sucks.