Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like your missing California.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little bit of a balancing act
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I went nuclear. The bunny I doubled up on for a 4 dollar every day drink. My OCD is in overdrive though. Snagged a 14 abyss and have the 16, now I need a 13, 15 and 17 to complete the straight. I am really pleased with anything madhouse and kinkaider right now too. The Guinness I have had before but since I have learned how to drink better beer, I want to try again. The peach is for a friend who seemed interested and the snow beast just caught my eye. 

That 4pk never stood a chance
    This is the beer I want to think Ben Franklin referred to in his quote, "beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." I'm going back tomorrow and buying them out of it
    Post edited by Captain_Call on
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turns out the same crappy second market grocery store I've been getting the  So Happens it's Tuesday at got a shipment of CBS. When I bought it, the cashiers had no clue what it was.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Turns out the same crappy second market grocery store I've been getting the  So Happens it's Tuesday at got a shipment of CBS. When I bought it, the cashiers had no clue what it was.
    So, you're buying S.H.I.T. beer at a crappy second market grocery store, how appropriate  :)
  • Options
    I have no idea what I'm doing...but should ale be this dark?
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That tweak is strong, really good, but strong.  Those evil twins are super good too. And that ale yes.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    It was more hoppy than I expected too. Certainly a deviation from my usual but an excellent brew nonetheless. Thanks @Patrickbrick. I'm still a sponge for now. Soaking up information (and a whole lotta beer)
  • Options
    Got trapped in the house yesterday because of an ice storm. Drank up a fair amount of my stock and had to resupply. Two and a half cases of kinkaider snow beast and a mix six of bombers
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2017 Firestone Walker is pretty tasty, composed of (in descending order) Velvet Merkin, Parabola, Stickee Monkey, Bravo, and Helldorado.  

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bruery bourbon barrel aged kind of night.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beer with the wifey before we start wrapping gifts for the little one

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting ready for Xmas lunch/dinner of prime rib roast with the parents and our Grandma. Having a bottle of Pliny while I wait for lunch to start. 

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Decompressing from the holiday and the whole famn damily with a growler of chocolate oatmeal stout from my local brewery. Great stuff
  • Options
    Pretty good stuff. I'll have to pick up more
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    With a bomber down the hatch I tucked into a 4 pack of my new mistress, the kinkaider snow beast winter ale. Vanilla, cinnamon, malty, goodness. Tastes quite like a snickerdoodle cookie if you try real hard. I might have killed all 4. What do you all do with your empties? I feel guilty throwing them out
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a bomber down the hatch I tucked into a 4 pack of my new mistress, the kinkaider snow beast winter ale. Vanilla, cinnamon, malty, goodness. Tastes quite like a snickerdoodle cookie if you try real hard. I might have killed all 4. What do you all do with your empties? I feel guilty throwing them out
    I just keep Growlers from the different breweries I go to or bombers that have great labels.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a growler collection. I gave up on bombers about a year ago. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    outside my wheelhouse but decent stuff
  • Options
    Really interesting. My first saison. Almost like a cider 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Wylaff said:
    I have a growler collection. I gave up on bombers about a year ago. 
    I've been keeping the growlers to refill. Are they like a propane tank? Turn your empty in, take a new filled one and only pay for the new contents? Or do I have to wash mine because it's the one being filled?

I'm not looking to keep the smaller stuff. But I figure those bomber bottles can't be cheap to produce. Surely there's some kind of recycle value
  • Options
    And the last of the night