Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put a scoop of vanilla ice cream in some Guinness stout a quarter century ago.  Oddly, the flavors seemed to cancel out each other.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Pretty good. No smoking allowed here, though.

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this from @Yakster today. Looking forward to cracking one open tonight once they are chilled. And of course I will have to listen to some Deftones while enjoying this. Thanks again brother! 

• Options
    Glad they made it there safe, Andrew.  I'm on lunch fourth can right now sitting in front of a campfire, tasty beer.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the way out to buy some Miller Draft in bottles. Then I will super cool them. It should take me a month to finish them off. I really like beer but one usually does the trick for me.
  • Options
    JohnWJJohnWJ Posts: 11
    If anyone is in New Mexico they should try Monks Ale it a nice beer
    A very new cigar smoker 
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of you beer nerds know of any local North Carolina IPA's? There a few breweries around, but I have found a great IPA yet. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone comes across Jack O Traveler shandy by Traveler Brewing Company in Vermont this autumn let me know. My local distributor just informed me they will not be carrying it. 

Any other good pumpkin inspired fall brews out there? Relatively new to the drinking game.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    The untappd app can help you find beer, and a web search of "craft beer finder" lists some web sites that can do the same, just sayin'.

Not to discourage anyone who finds Jack O Traveler Shandy from letting you know, y'all call out if you see it.
  • Options
    Listen here son....I like my pumpkin bubbly lol  :D
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Pumpkin is for pies and shooting out of cannons old man. Get with the times, barrel aged stout is where it's at!

I actually have a few punkin brews at my local place but not this specific one you speak of. They are all on the heavier side.

Downloading the untappd app yak speaks of will help you a lot. Whether it be discovering new stuff or locating something like you want.
  • Options
    I've been to my share of pinkin' chunkin' down in lower slower DE. In my day we had to throw 'em...didn't have no fancy canons!

I'll look into the app. And no arguments with stouts...Guinness is my go-to. 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of you beer nerds know of any local North Carolina IPA's? There a few breweries around, but I have found a great IPA yet. 
    Depends on where you’re at in NC. Try the Taproom in Winston or drive to Charlotte where every other building is a brewery. 
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charlie posted a great step by step process to "enjoy" pumpkin beer last year.  I myself have followed those steps with great success.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Very similar.  His was
    Step 1 throw in trash
    Step 2 get a real beer and enjoy
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this for a Christmas gift 2016, it's good but underwhelming. 

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any of you are fans of tall grass brewery, heads up they are out of business as of tomorrow 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    Weren't you just raving about one of their beers on the vHerf? 

What happened?
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them so they’re closing up...I did get ahold of a few 12 packs to tide me over
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    I like them so they’re closing up...I did get ahold of a few 12 packs to tide me over

That's messed up, Kevin.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a beer run today...enjoying a Rogue at the moment 
    That Nitro is pretty good 
  • Options
    What founders is that, breakfast stout?
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Charlie posted a great step by step process to "enjoy" pumpkin beer last year.  I myself have followed those steps with great success.
    You guys don't know what you're missing. Oh well...more for me lol.