Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Stafford vs the World II -- Final Standings

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    I'll take Stafford
    I'm not sure what happens if we tie.....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    I'll take Stafford

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    You want him that bad, Lee, I'm cool with that. Betting on my team always makes them lose anyway, and if he breaks his arm week 1 and we have Sanchez as QB I'll only blame myself.
    hahaha it's cool he's the only one I figured might be left that has a chance
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    I'll take Stafford
    LOL! I joke.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Sheesh teach, tight with these rules. What's a Canadian to do eh?
    Luckily Canada is still part of the world right?
    Guess then i will have to settle for Ricky Ray of the Toronto Argonauts....that is if you are really confident in your man...if you are chicken...i will understand. But let's remember...these are your rules...not mine! ;)
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Well living in New York state I guess I will take Eli Manning if thats ok.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nobody takes Rogers and you will have me I'll be in but I understand you have your guidelines.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    If nobody takes Rogers and you will have me I'll be in but I understand you have your guidelines.
    Brother, take a look at page 1, you and your boy Rodgers are in. Have a happy football season. No brother left behind has always been my motto.....
  • Options
    bearb:
    Guess then i will have to settle for Ricky Ray of the Toronto Argonauts....that is if you are really confident in your man...if you are chicken...i will understand. But let's remember...these are your rules...not mine! ;)
    Lol, didn't mean to dis my Canadian Brothers, Barry. While it is tempting to let you in with a CFL player, I'm going to have to decline (20 game schedule, already 5 games in, etc). If you like, I'd be more than happy to let you snag any particular player you like (from the NFL).
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    bearb:
    Lol, didn't mean to dis my Canadian Brothers, Barry. While it is tempting to let you in with a CFL player, I'm going to have to decline (20 game schedule, already 5 games in, etc). If you like, I'd be more than happy to let you snag any particular player you like (from the NFL).
    Well i didnt take offence...but wasnt sure if you were up for the challenge...but i do understand your unwillingness for Stafford to truly take on the world...we get it...no really we do!

Now as per a 20 game schedule...according to Wikipedia...As of 2014, the league will feature a 20-week regular season, which traditionally runs from late June to early November; each team plays 18 games with at least two bye weeks.

So really it isnt that much different...and if you wished, u could even take out 2 or even 3 random weeks if you so chose...just to level the playing field. That way, til the bitter end there would be no pressure on any of your guys...cause they would all be behind right off the bat...however, after the CFL season...you would just be getting closer and closer each week. That is until you realized that you aint gonna catch him...cause he plays CFL now..where they know how to throw the ball, and don`t need no 4 downs to make 10 yards.
    Sheesh!
    But i do understand your unwillingness to truly take on the world. I shall withdraw my submission of Ricky Ray from the contest at this time my friend. No hard feelings. ;)
  • Options
    bearb:
    SleevePlz:
    bearb:
    Well i didnt take offence...but wasnt sure if you were up for the challenge...but i do understand your unwillingness for Stafford to truly take on the world...we get it...no really we do!

Now as per a 20 game schedule...according to Wikipedia...As of 2014, the league will feature a 20-week regular season, which traditionally runs from late June to early November; each team plays 18 games with at least two bye weeks.

So really it isnt that much different...and if you wished, u could even take out 2 or even 3 random weeks if you so chose...just to level the playing field. That way, til the bitter end there would be no pressure on any of your guys...cause they would all be behind right off the bat...however, after the CFL season...you would just be getting closer and closer each week. That is until you realized that you aint gonna catch him...cause he plays CFL now..where they know how to throw the ball, and don`t need no 4 downs to make 10 yards.
    Sheesh!
    But i do understand your unwillingness to truly take on the world. I shall withdraw my submission of Ricky Ray from the contest at this time my friend. No hard feelings. ;)

Ricky went down to the US. He was lookin' for a 5 pack to steal.
    He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind. He was looking to make a deal
    When he came across this young man playing on a field and throwing it hot.
    And then Ricky jumped upon the water cooler and said "Boy, let me tell you what."

"I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a ballplayer, too.
    And if you'd care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you.
    Now you throw a pretty good ball but give Ricky his due.
    I'll bet a 5er of cigars against your LFD's 'cause I think I'm better than you."

The boy said, "My name's Matty, and it might be a sin,
    But I'll take your bet; and you're gonna regret 'cause I'm the best there's ever been."

Matty, loosen up your arm and limber your wrist.
    'Cause Hell's broke loose in the NFL and Ricky plays as hard.
    And if you win you get this big shiny pack of gars,
    But if you lose Ricky gets your LFD Mysterio's.

Ricky opened up his season early and said, "I'll start this show."
    And yards started racking up before Matty got to throw.
    And he pulled his receivers together and said "We got this for sho".
    And a band of tight ends joined in and Ricky just couldn't miss.

When Ricky's season finished, Matty said, "You're pretty good Canadian son,
    But sit down in that chair right there and let me get this season done."

Matty throws slants 'n says "Run, boys, run!"
    They played in the Lions house in the sun;
    Too many suckers playing for dough.
    Matty, does your arm hurt? No, child, no.

Ricky bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.
    And he laid that 5 pack on the ground at Matty's feet.
    Matty said, "Ricky, just come on back if you ever wanna try again,
    I done told you once—you son of a ***—I'm the best that's ever been."
    And he played:

Matty throws slants 'n says "Run, boys, run!"
    They played in the Lions house in the sun;
    Too many suckers playing for dough.
    Matty, does your arm hurt? No, child, no.

Yo, Barry, if you care I'll take on Ricky Ray with my choice Philip Rivers. I'll even let you pick the games to delete out of the Canadian season so we have equal games. Wait, there's more. If you take the bet today I'll even throw in the free conversion rate which, today, is 1 Canadian yard equals .92 NFL yards.What do you say now, eh?
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i will take joe montana. i win
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap a Todd sighting!! Hai Todd A. As another Todd on Facebook refers to you! Also if you'll have me I'll take Cam Newton again
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Holy crap a Todd sighting!! Hai Todd A. As another Todd on Facebook refers to you! Also if you'll have me I'll take Cam Newton again
    Gotcha. Good luck!
  • Options
    Barry, once again, Todd has inspired me through song. I like his idea of modifying the yardage, but you know what? I'll take you straight up. Ricky's 18 games to Stafford's 16. I'm that confident.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Holy crap a Spencer sighting!! Hi Spencer
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Hayblet:
    DZR, you took the words out of my mouth but I'll say 'em anyway. HOLY CRAP A SPENCER SIGHTING.......
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Barry, once again, Todd has inspired me through song. I like his idea of modifying the yardage, but you know what? I'll take you straight up. Ricky's 18 games to Stafford's 16. I'm that confident.
    Tony,
    Doesn't look like this Ricky Ray is all that good no more. Barry has been awfully quiet since getting called out.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    danielzreyes:
    Hayblet:
    DZR, you took the words out of my mouth but I'll say 'em anyway. HOLY CRAP A SPENCER SIGHTING.......
    I find this kinda funny since I harass Daniel about his Mike Trout obsession a bit on Facebook but I never see you much Todd, has your address changed? Wink [;)]
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    Tony,
    Doesn't look like this Ricky Ray is all that good no more. Barry has been awfully quiet since getting called out.
    Barry is actually here in MI with me today. He hasn't been on since he was traveling. I considered letting him just pay me now to save on the shipping cost later :)
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take Big Ben to back my Steelers if you are still taking people.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    I'll take Big Ben to back my Steelers if you are still taking people.
    You bet. Good luck!
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    Tony,
    Barry is actually here in MI with me today. He hasn't been on since he was traveling. I considered letting him just pay me now to save on the shipping cost later :)
    yup. Me spent a few days in Michigan for moose feast. Herfing with some amazing people, raising some funds and gars for CFW. Great hospitality nd a bit of shinanagins during this festive birthday party. Over 1000 cigars and $600 was raised in the process.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    Tony,
    no i m really a pretty shy quiet person in real life. After the bus rolled over me i ad nothing more to say. ;).
    Now as per the yardage thing....last time i checked a cfl yard is the same as an nfl yard with a few slight differences...the biggest being we don't need 4 stinking downs to get 10 of them...just 3!
  • Options
    Looks like we might be all set with the contestants. If anyone else wants in and wants to take a QB that's still available (even if they aren't on your home team), let it be known soon. I would hate for y'all to see how awesome Stafford is in the preseason with the new coaching staff and get scared away :)
  • Options
    Alrighty, opening weekend is upon us!!! If you could start aging the LFDs for me, that'd be great :)
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Love this contest, good luck!image
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Alrighty, opening weekend is upon us!!! If you could start aging the LFDs for me, that'd be great :)
    hahaha the Teach is getting a bit cocky ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my boy Rodgers didn't do too much last night. So he will have to play some catch up now.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    Well my boy Rodgers didn't do too much last night. So he will have to play some catch up now.
    That was a great game, loved that last TD nail in the coffin the most.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.