Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Stafford vs the World II -- Final Standings

Comments

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    You want him that bad, Lee, I'm cool with that. Betting on my team always makes them lose anyway, and if he breaks his arm week 1 and we have Sanchez as QB I'll only blame myself.
    Arm, clavicle, I still blame myself.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Ken Light:
    You want him that bad, Lee, I'm cool with that. Betting on my team always makes them lose anyway, and if he breaks his arm week 1 and we have Sanchez as QB I'll only blame myself.
    Arm, clavicle, I still blame myself.
    Lol, I felt the same way. I kept imaging Stafford going down in Week 2 with another shoulder injury and shipping a dozen packages a few weeks into the contest.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Martel, congrats, you just got added to Team Luck!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Unnecessary! Really, I just want to talk trash, and I can do that whether or not cigars are in the mix because Andrew Luck is on pace to shatter multiple records.

For example, through 9 games, he's thrown more TD's than P. Manning threw through his first 9 games last year and is on pace for 5,484 yards (although behind Manning's yardage through this point last year). Plus he runs more than the Papa John's guy, too!

Luck now holds the Colts record for consecutive 300+ yard passing games and needs 2 more to match Brees' 9 (which Drew did twice-Hail, Hail to Old Purdue). He is the first player in NFL history to throw for more than 350 yards in 5 consecutive road games.

And every Indy fan watching him play right now thinks there's something "off" about his game. Luck claims he isn't playing his best, too. Scary.

You can take your Stafford infection and shove him.

Luck FTW (whichever abbreviation that means, today).

Okay. I'm calm now.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    SleevePlz:
    Unnecessary! Really, I just want to talk trash, and I can do that whether or not cigars are in the mix because Andrew Luck is on pace to shatter multiple records.

For example, through 9 games, he's thrown more TD's than P. Manning threw through his first 9 games last year and is on pace for 5,484 yards (although behind Manning's yardage through this point last year). Plus he runs more than the Papa John's guy, too!

Luck now holds the Colts record for consecutive 300+ yard passing games and needs 2 more to match Brees' 9 (which Drew did twice-Hail, Hail to Old Purdue). He is the first player in NFL history to throw for more than 350 yards in 5 consecutive road games.

And every Indy fan watching him play right now thinks there's something "off" about his game. Luck claims he isn't playing his best, too. Scary.

Okay. I'm calm now.
    Sooooo.........You're in? When Luck goes down in week 11 for the rest of the season, I'll wholeheartedly take cigars from both of you!!! Muahahaha
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Martel:
    SleevePlz:

Okay. I'm calm now.
    Sooooo.........You're in? When Luck goes down in week 11 for the rest of the season, I'll wholeheartedly take cigars from both of you!!! Muahahaha

Coming off a bye, playing at home, and you think Luck is going down? Just because he's playing Pretty Boy and Bellicheat? It's not like they're the Saints and have a bounty. I can see the Colts losing, but he'll still put up some yards. And I don't see injury happening. He's tough.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Updated
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Suck it Stafford!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Stafford sliding a yard short on 4th down made my day.
  • Options
    Updated. Should be interesting down the stretch with all the guys kinda bundled there in the middle. I'm gonna need Stafford to get out of this funk in a hurry and lead us into the playoffs for the sake of this contest and my fandom!
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Thanks Eli still stuck at #10. Get a life man!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Updated. Should be interesting down the stretch with all the guys kinda bundled there in the middle. I'm gonna need Stafford to get out of this funk in a hurry and lead us into the playoffs for the sake of this contest and my fandom!
    For the sake of making it interesting I hope he can bring it around a little and not continue to tank. I'd like to see that final week matchup between my team and yours be for the division win. The lions have some serious offensive issues right now. I don't understand how so many weapons cannot put up more points right now. (don't take this as bashing. I thought for sure the packers as of 2 weeks ago would have to get in as a wild card)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Updated at the three quarter mark. Looking ahead, I doubt I'm passing the guys ahead of me without the help of some missed games. The last two games of the season for Stafford are on the road at Chicago and Green Bay. Outdoors, late December doesn't bode well for passing numbers. Hopefully I can hold off the guys right behind me!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Updated at the three quarter mark. Looking ahead, I doubt I'm passing the guys ahead of me without the help of some missed games. The last two games of the season for Stafford are on the road at Chicago and Green Bay. Outdoors, late December doesn't bode well for passing numbers. Hopefully I can hold off the guys right behind me!
    Should I just mail mine now?
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Should I just mail mine now?
    If I said yes, I would be guaranteeing myself that Stafford would go down with an injury for the rest of the season. So lets hold out a couple more weeks before drawing any conclusions. Lol.
  • Options
    Updated with two weeks to go. Holding out hope that I can catch a couple guys ahead of me while staying ahead of the couple behind me within striking distance.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Updated with two weeks to go. Holding out hope that I can catch a couple guys ahead of me while staying ahead of the couple behind me within striking distance.
    Look at it this way, you're now under 700 yards away from Luck. 695 to be precise. So, all you need is for the Colts to sit him or an injury on the first play of the game. Then Stafford only needs two 347.5 yard games to catch up before the playoffs!

Oh, I love being a Colts fan. From PM to AL with only a year of suck in between.

• Options
    Copied from first post: Stafford (SleevePlz) - 4257 yds vs. Brees (ehehat) - 4952 yds Roethlisberger (rsherman24) - 4952 yds Luck (Bigshizza & Martel) - 4761 yds P. Manning (pelirrojo) - 4727 yds Ray (bearb) - 4595 yds E. Manning (Tyland64) - 4410 yds Rodgers (avengethis) - 4381 yds Rivers (bandyt09) - 4286 yds Brady (No_One21) - 4109 yds Romo (Rain) - 3705 yds Smith (jsnake) - 3265 yds Newton (Hayblet) - 3127 yds Foles (Ken Light) - 2163 yds So.....Stafford let me down a little this year. I only get to bomb nine of you! Thanks again to everyone for an awesome contest. If you read this, please give me a PM with your address or asking for mine (or letting me know you already have it). Anyone I haven't heard from by tomorrow will get a PM from me (I'm trying to avoid sending 14 PM's this morning). Lastly, remember, this was a bet for ONLY a 5'er. I expect the people sending to me to stay with that expectation.
  • Options
    Yeah too bad he didn't show up at all last night otherwise you may have been able to overthrow a few of us.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always next year.
  • Options
    Sorry about the delay, boys. I was terribly busy over the last couple weeks with the holidays/family. I should be able to get these packages out in the next day or so.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I get one--- can't remember--- send it to Irish... Thanks Muffy
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Nice try. Finding time to get all these together has been a pain! I finally found some time to dig out 45 sticks and divide them up between the 9 winners. I had illusions of going through everyone's bio and hand picking sticks, but that just didn't happen. So it was pretty much a random selection to everyone. Stuff is boxed up, so I'll get some labels printed up and hopefully have them at the PO in the morning.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    What is wrong with you?!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Nice try. Finding time to get all these together has been a pain! I finally found some time to dig out 45 sticks and divide them up between the 9 winners. I had illusions of going through everyone's bio and hand picking sticks, but that just didn't happen. So it was pretty much a random selection to everyone. Stuff is boxed up, so I'll get some labels printed up and hopefully have them at the PO in the morning.
    Tony I wouldn't expect you to actually follow this piss poor advice, but on the off chance your memory failed you make sure to relabel and send to Jim.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Bigshizza:
    What is wrong with you?!
    Long hair no feel the love???
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    90+ Irishman:
    Bigshizza:
    What is wrong with you?!
    Long hair no feel the love???
    Only for a few more days.
  • Options
    9405 5036 9930 0466 5091 91 9405 5036 9930 0466 5092 14 9405 5036 9930 0466 5092 52 9405 5036 9930 0466 5092 83 9405 5036 9930 0466 5093 37 9405 5036 9930 0466 5093 51 9405 5036 9930 0466 5093 82 Here's everyone except Ehehat (still need your addy) and Barry. If you don't mind, I'll catch you the next time you are in MI instead of trying to get past customs. Again, sorry for the ridiculous delays. Seems like I ran out of every possible thing imaginable trying to get these all together. Hope I tossed in something that each of you will enjoy despite not going through bios and keeping them pretty modest.
  • Options
    Thank you for the contest sir! Great selection of sticks. JDH and Perdomo are new to me. The other 3 I enjoy every time I light them up!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Thanks for the great selection Tony!!