Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Sleddog. Sounds good. 
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Lentil Dal, with garlic, onions, carrots, ginger, turmeric, tomatoes, and coconut milk. Finished with a Tadka of ghee, lemon, arbol chilies, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cilantro, and Gram Marsala. The Tadka is all the spices and chiles fried in browned butter [ghee] for a minute or two and then added to the Dal at the end. Served in layers with brown rice on the bottom of the plate, then a nice layer of fresh spinach topped with the Dal. Unusual spices, easy to make, complete protein, and tasty. 
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooking with charcoal, yum.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

I CaLL ****....actually Outstanding.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks super tasty.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

refrigerator soup is great and always different. How do your kids like it? Hopefully they and you are not like the family in the Kraft commercial, mom cooks dinner, the kids whine, mom goes back to the kitchen and makes them mac 'n cheese....

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good, @VegasFrank, glad you enjoyed the coffee.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daughter's like my soups. My son only eats chocolate and hot dogs. Lol
    Don't look ↑
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

daughters ;-)

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I saw it ^. Speech to text did that and I was too lazy to edit it on my phone....but I'm glad there's still a grammar patrol out there!
    Don't look ↑
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff what do you use to season your cast iron with? We cook almost exclusively on c.i.and love it. We have one large skillet that goes back to the Civil War. Love the old iron, especially wagner, Griswold, and lodge. Also have some BSR and iron mtn. You just can't beat it. We season ours with lard or coconut oil. Also heard that grape seed oil is very good.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent cookking... but aLL @peter4jc Fault....

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sleddog46 i have had good luck with crisco if I’m laying down a layer just to season. I have been cooking with Ava odd oil and butter combined. Gives a pretty high smile point, and a seasoning that can hold up to tomatoes and wine for a couple times. Also there is definitely a couple lard layers from doing bacon before the eggs.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

last night, tonight, tomorrow night; and if we are lucky, something different Saturday : a large pot of black beans cooked with onion, habanero, garlic, carrots, tomato paste, toasted fenugreek seeds; some crackers, cornbread, or corn chips on the side.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I Shelter-at-your-Place, @Stubble Steve?

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Can I Shelter-at-your-Place, @Stubble Steve?

C'mon over!!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

You really got me drooling with that spread. Looks Great!!!

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!