What's for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:
    Wife made me something special for dinner today
    Add baked potato with the trimming. mushrooms, w/Cesar Salad

YUM!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

^Gotta love the appearance and taste of the Tomahawk!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a small tomahawk steak. Cut exactly 2 inches thick and 2.4 lbs.
    Made it easy to cook, only 15 minutes total time on the grill for a perfect MR

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    edited June 2020

@Stubble said:
    Amberjack!

One of the most under rated fish in the ocean. Puts on a great fight and delicious on the plate

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Desert first, salted cashews and Hershey's Nuggets. Later on, some leftover meatloaf and a fresh garden salad.

• Options

@First_Warrior said:
    Just made a big jar of pickled eggs and beets. Twenty eggs, one jar of beets, chilies, onion, vinegar, pickling spice, and sugar. In about four days they will be ready.

Those sound GOOD

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Just made a big jar of pickled eggs and beets. Twenty eggs, one jar of beets, chilies, onion, vinegar, pickling spice, and sugar. In about four days they will be ready.

Followed recipes for pickled eggs and sausage from off the internet. Too much pickling spice I guess, tasted like ****.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try this.
    Penn Dutch Pickled Beets and Eggs.
    12 eggs hard boiled
    1 small onion sliced
    1/2 cup white sugar
    3/4 cup cider vinegar
    salt to taste
    2 bay leaves
    12 whole cloves.
    1 jar sliced pickled beets with juice.
    Hard boil the eggs, peel and place them in a large glass jar. Put the beets, onion, sugar,vinegar,and spices in a pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5-8 minutes and pour the hot liquid over the eggs to the top. When the eggs are cool put in the fridge and wait four days if you can. I sometimes add dried chiles and whole garlic cloves.
    Enjoy

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Try this.
    Penn Dutch Pickled Beets and Eggs.
    12 eggs hard boiled
    1 small onion sliced
    1/2 cup white sugar
    3/4 cup cider vinegar
    salt to taste
    2 bay leaves
    12 whole cloves.
    1 jar sliced pickled beets with juice.
    Hard boil the eggs, peel and place them in a large glass jar. Put the beets, onion, sugar,vinegar,and spices in a pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5-8 minutes and pour the hot liquid over the eggs to the top. When the eggs are cool put in the fridge and wait four days if you can. I sometimes add dried chiles and whole garlic cloves.
    Enjoy

Thank you

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forgot to mention. When you are building the jar put in a few beet slices first then a layer of 3-4 eggs. More beet and onion slices and another layer of eggs. Layer the eggs and beets to the top and then pour the hot liquid in.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Forgot to mention. When you are building the jar put in a few beet slices first then a layer of 3-4 eggs. More beet and onion slices and another layer of eggs. Layer the eggs and beets to the top and then pour the hot liquid in.

I smoked some eggs the other day. Now I'm curious how well they would pickle...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

BLT!!!

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love BLT's...Mrs. Slob and I had them last night

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you liked it, that brisket did not suck, that's for sure.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Good job on the pre braising sear.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks brother! Turned out good.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Banana, nut and raisin pancakes with Aunt Jemima and the last of the Land of Lakes.

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! Mmmmmmmm.

• Options

Looks very good. The real question is who did all those dishes piled high in the sink?

MOW badge received.