Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CommanderDuke1_ said:
    Pulled em off and ready to eat!

Looks like a pit boss your smoking with. What time, temp and method did you use?

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@miller65rod said:

@CommanderDuke1_ said:
    Pulled em off and ready to eat!

Looks like a pit boss your smoking with. What time, temp and method did you use?

6hrs.
    200 degrees first 3 in rib rack
    200 degrees 2hrs. In pan with the Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce lacquer i made with foil loosely on top
    Last hr. 225 degrees Foil off and i brushed the lacquer on the ribs every 20min.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Wade, was it worth the time spent lacquering your ribs? Could you taste a difference?

This always sounds so good, but I shy away from sweet rubs for health reasons, sticking to dry rubs mostly, and trying to keep the salt down too. I'm really working hard on cooking meat just to the point of doneness and no further and pulling it to maximize the juiciness and softness and flavor.

I picked up several different kinds of sugar free BBQ sauce, but we don't really even use them, even though some of them are pretty tasty.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Wade, was it worth the time spent lacquering your ribs? Could you taste a difference?

This always sounds so good, but I shy away from sweet rubs for health reasons, sticking to dry rubs mostly, and trying to keep the salt down too. I'm really working hard on cooking meat just to the point of doneness and no further and pulling it to maximize the juiciness and softness and flavor.

I picked up several different kinds of sugar free BBQ sauce, but we don't really even use them, even though some of them are pretty tasty.

I enjoy the lacquer way best but I have done the dry rub technique as well same process just minis the lacquer step. I've even just let the smoke 6 hrs. At 175 degrees With the dry rub technique just using it own juices to bast the meat in a catch plate below throughout the final stage of the smoking process

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^it's how I maintain my boyish figure.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

That was my Dad's second favorite dinner. We would legitimately have popcorn for dinner at home past a certain age, can't imagine that flying with my Wife, however.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Won't know until you try.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although I suspect she’s mostly pissed I didn’t bring any home!

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dayum, save me some.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Salisbury steak day

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

Dang, forgot how much I miss French Onion soup!! Looks great Steve!