Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devildog1 said:
    Been smoking this fella all day long picture may not do it justice. It's about a 9 pound pork butt rubbed down and smoked with some hickory today, smells amazing

Looks great!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made chicken enchiladas from the leftover chicken the other night. Smoked chicken is incredible in enchiladas.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Souvlaki and homemade tzatiki sauceimage
    Explain
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing beer can chicken today, wished I had put more rub on it.  

• Options
    Devildog1 said:
    Doing beer can chicken today, wished I had put more rub on it.  

You actually need to pull the skin up and get the rub under the skin.  Then you really get those flavors.  Option 2 is to inject the bird before throwing on the grill
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Flavored drumsticks. Swali fish as a backup  (seasoned with salt and pepper only). All baked. Woodchuck Hard Apple cider "Gumption".
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • Options
    New York Strips with an herb infused compound butter, sweet corn and cottage cheese.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First spinach salad of the season with goat cheese, hard-boiled eggs, turkey bacon, garlic, lemon juice and virgin olive oil. A little chicken and toasted German whole grain bread on the side.
  • Options
    For mother's day tomorrow

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For dinner tonight we have beer battered, Cajun breading and a traditional breaded perch and walleye 

What you know about Cajun eh?

J.K. nice job. Looks good.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Fire grilled pizza tonight

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two nights ago my lovely wife made us crab cake pot pies with Philo dough crust topping paired with a nice Riesling and fresh salad. 

Last night had jumbo kegare chicken pops with home made miso soup, rice with sesame seasoning and pickled plum with side of seasoned fried tofu, so friggin lucky to eat like this!!!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Spotted cow and rear chicken quarters

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watermelon and arugula salad.  The arugula is picked fresh from the garden 

• Options
    Some nice looking spare ribs on the smoker for dinner tonight.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pigsickles! Looks like a great start Brad!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

Lamb me loin chips pan seared then finished in the oven with fingerling peasant potatoes and some Robert Mondavi 2009 Chardonnay. Yum!!!!!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Ribs, St. Louis pork ribs with my own dry rub. Two hours rendered in the oven at 275 then it will be 4 hrs at least on the charcoal grill. At post time it's been almost 2 hrs on the grill. Setup dual zone mesquite charcoal with hot water tray for moisture. Great time to sit and drink, smoke and read a book. 

After rendering but before the grill...

At the 2 hr mark...

Shows off my cheap homemade redneck rib rack lol. 

Brett
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodchuck
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna grill up a nice steak to split with my child bride and make a batch of Carbonara to go with it. 

Good grits, Maynard.....  :#
  • Options
    Heck yeah Silvermouse and Marty!!!

Brett
  • Options
    woodchuck
    Woodchuck's probably pretty good. It's an herbivore so why not?  I've eaten muskrat and they're herbivores. Bear is okay, but I don't recommend cougar. They're tough, gamey, and stringy. 
  • Options
    Tonight I baked a couple nice salmon filets with a glaze made with orange marmalade and bourbon, among other things. Served with buttered noodles and some fresh green beans. 

Turned out pretty good if I DO say so myself.....   :D
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    When is everybody from the vherf last night getting here?

Team O'Donnell FTW!