Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Spanish style sea food: photo image_zps76ba4b13.jpg
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    My first foray into pho! Sadly I was the only one in our household to try it. My daughter did eat some bean sprouts. image
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmph... Doesn't look like bull nut to me..... Lol
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    No testicles...there are some acceptable substitutions. Flavor profile should be pretty similar. Cooked the steak medium hoping to entice others to try it. I knew rare would be too much of a stretch.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    ejgorman:
    jlmarta:
    No testicles...there are some acceptable substitutions. Flavor profile should be pretty similar. Cooked the steak medium hoping to entice others to try it. I knew rare would be too much of a stretch.

I read somewhere on the web that it was only authentic if made with bull testicles (my wording, not the web's) but I'm just yanking your chain, Bro.... :-/). Oh, and by the way, ain't no way bull nut tastes like steak.... True, dat....
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    My first foray into pho! Sadly I was the only one in our household to try it. My daughter did eat some bean sprouts. image

Will work for PHO....or....adopt me and I will guarantee you will have company at dinner.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps...

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good Steve. I love Korean bbq
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Oh it's gonna be good!!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

edited February 2016

Tuna Steak.  Medium rare.  Only my 13 year old and I like it....coated with dill weed, bourbon smoked Togarashi, and coarse ground tellicherry pepper.  Sautéed in olive oil and a bit of butter.  Yum.....

Looks good but ewww
    -- Winston Churchill

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice presentation.  Looks like something served at one them up town joints. Sounds good even for tuna.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received our first Blue Apron delivery yesterday. We'll see how this goes, I'm a pretty picky eater. But tonight is burgers and tomorrow night I'm doing dinner with a friend, and I don't like curry (or at least not those tried so far), so I'm making the curry chicken for my husband to have tomorrow probably for lunch and dinner :) 

Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    30 degrees in Houston, Texas. Yikes! Homemade chicken noodle soup to the rescue. 
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked chicken rear quarters

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Chard, kale, spinach and carrot salad w sunflower seeds, tomatoes and croutons drenched in balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Yum!
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

Grilled Italian sausage, Cheezy noodle dish, and the best collard greens I ever made, sweet tea. I think a Roma Craft Neanderthal for dessert!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • EssPee2uEssPee2u Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Lamb chops and mashed potatoes
    Keep it Smokey
    PIGSICKLES^^^ looking good!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Come on over 
    I'm thinking linguine with clams and my child bride will most likely order her favorite - eggplant parmigiana. I'm a pasta ho....  B)
    Guitarded said:
    Come on over 
    Thanks for the invitation. Would love to join you and I would bring the Cole slaw and green chili cornbread!
    I have 4 beer can chickens on the smoker with roasted Parmesan potatoes and grilled asparagus.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    I have 4 beer can chickens on the smoker with roasted Parmesan potatoes and grilled asparagus.
    Hot damn!  What time is dinner?  Can I bring anything?   B)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

Them sure look good, Brad. 

For tonight's menu I'm planning to do a couple shoulder chops (lamb) marinated in rosemary and other spices and pan-seared, along with Hasselback potatoes, and broccoli florets with a creamy Gorgonzola sauce. (Hope I've got enough Gorgonzola - I don't feel like running to the store today).....  B)
    That sounds really good Marty!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!