Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Unicorn Diaries

Comments

• Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    Why not a lot of cookies? I don't either. I just make 'em.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Are we seriously 7 pages into this and still not a single cigar review? Or was there one?

And I'd challenge you to a bake-off. Definitely can hold my own in a cook-off but I'm pretty confident in my baking skills as well. Actually, I'm making another batch of cider and will have lots of apple and pear pulp soon. Was thinking of making a bunch of loaves of apple-pear bread. A friend of mine owns a breakfast place nearby and was going to bring a few loaves to her for french toast. Throw some ginger infused syrup together to top those bad-boys off and you've got breakfast.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    Are we seriously 7 pages into this and still not a single cigar review? Or was there one?

And I'd challenge you to a bake-off. Definitely can hold my own in a cook-off but I'm pretty confident in my baking skills as well. Actually, I'm making another batch of cider and will have lots of apple and pear pulp soon. Was thinking of making a bunch of loaves of apple-pear bread. A friend of mine owns a breakfast place nearby and was going to bring a few loaves to her for french toast. Throw some ginger infused syrup together to top those bad-boys off and you've got breakfast.
    Damn that sounds delish..
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:

i bet this tastes absolutely horrible.....you're going to have to send me some so i can verify your claims of deliciousness
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    I try to eat healthy most of the time ;) now if you could do some sort of high protein cookie I'd be all about it!
  • Options
    Rob1110:

Rob! Were you not paying attention? I reviewed two cigars. They were both yummy and **** good respectively. I could totally take you in a cookie bake-off. I have never met a better cookie baker.

I am so hungry now. Apple pear bread!!
  • Options
    reggie713:
    Unicorn:
    I try to eat healthy most of the time ;) now if you could do some sort of high protein cookie I'd be all about it!
    Reggie I make a gluten free peanut butter cookie that is good for post lifting. You need da carbs then.
  • Options
    Okay, so last night I talked some shop via Skype with one of my homies and then he had to go, and I had half of a cigar left, so I hopped on vherf. Surprise! It was like the best reunion ever... Jiiun and Roman, who dragged me into this mess. (thanks guys)

Ok, here's my review of the Undercrown Gran Toro that Ro told me I should smoke tonight.

DELICIOUS! I loved it. It burned really well until I got distracted texting on my phone and left it sitting too long. Oops. It tasted great with the giant jug of water I had because I had just finished cardio. It did not however, pair well with the strawberry protein shake I chugged after. It made me want to learn how to blow smoke rings. The end.

photo A26665F6-576E-45AF-90A9-010DE4DC7EF8.jpg

Here's who I want to convert to cigars once she's no longer knocked up. This is my "baby" sister, who is 3 inches taller than me. Neither one of us can play basketball to save our lives but we can reach all the high shelves in the house.

photo 7B60B398-C6ED-427D-807D-0AAC81E8513C.jpg
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    reggie713:
    Unicorn:
    Reggie I make a gluten free peanut butter cookie that is good for post lifting. You need da carbs then.
    Keep me in mind next time you make a batch of those!!
  • Options
    Sure thing. Ask Trident how he liked them... I sent him those last week.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've now had 3 cigar reviews and now need the most important review of them all... Cookie review.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    We've now had 3 cigar reviews and now need the most important review of them all... Cookie review.
    Ask DZR tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    If he reviews it on the V-herf, he can make everyone jealous.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    If he reviews it on the V-herf, he can make everyone jealous.
    That's a great idea. I hope those things show up not in pieces.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Daniel is gonna have his #cookieshot on Instagram as soon as he cracks in to those.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I'm not really a baker but do like to cook and am pretty good at that. A few years ago though I saw a recipe for what I think they called Monster Cookies. It was like Chocolate Chip Cookies but it had white and milk chocolate chips and then you added m&ms, peanut butter, oatmeal and raisins (used Craisins which are dried cranberries instead) and they were really good as you can imagine.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Those cookies look amazing!
  • Options
    dennisking:
    Daniel is gonna have his #cookieshot on Instagram as soon as he cracks in to those.
    Oh he's an Instagram dude? Well hopefully he sends me a pic. I wanna see how they make out going all the way across the country.
  • Options
    jimmyv723:
    I'm not really a baker but do like to cook and am pretty good at that. A few years ago though I saw a recipe for what I think they called Monster Cookies. It was like Chocolate Chip Cookies but it had white and milk chocolate chips and then you added m&ms, peanut butter, oatmeal and raisins (used Craisins which are dried cranberries instead) and they were really good as you can imagine.
    Monster cookies are soo good!
  • Options
    My absolute favorite to make is called a brownie chubette. Dark and chocolatey...mocha flavored with chunks of dark chocolate and pecans.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    dennisking:
    Oh he's an Instagram dude? Well hopefully he sends me a pic. I wanna see how they make out going all the way across the country.
    LOL. It's #sammichshot, and I only do them on my FB.

Instagram @stogiestand
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    My absolute favorite to make is called a brownie chubette. Dark and chocolatey...mocha flavored with chunks of dark chocolate and pecans.
    Oh word?? That's wsup
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    Unicorn:
    Oh word?? That's wsup
    Ro you crack me up. :)
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Do you overnight express? My wife would love those. Lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Do you overnight express? My wife would love those. Lol
    You are the sweetest... thinking of her! These cookies are tough to mail. They are fragile.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Unicorn:
    Oh word?? That's wsup
    Ro you crack me up. :)
    Glad we got the name thing worked out....naw mean?
  • Options
    Yes sir :)
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Chocolate chip Pecan Cookies Review

photo IMG-20140919-WA0009.jpeg

Number of cookies consumed for review: 3
    construction: slightly irregular, but solid construction, even after interstate transport
    Color: light blonde color with choc and pecan chunks
    Nose: a smooth choc nose with hints of nuts
    flavor: Just as your expected...some yummy cookie dough in the background, that is not too sweet, yet flavorful. Nice hints of chocolate that pair nicely with the pecans.

Overall:94. There is a nice nose combined with a great palate. the finish is short, but delicious. Overal medium bodied with full flavor. I definitely recommend getting some of these. DO IT NOW!
  • Options
    It's the Oliva "V" Melanio of cookies.
  • Options
    Last night I decided to throw caution to the wind and sat down with a tiny amount of cask strength whiskey and a very nice cigar, both given to me Roman. The cigar was the Ave Maria Reconquista, which came in a cool little coffin. I love that. Anyways, I thought this cigar was one of the best that I have tried so far. A stronger cigar that was more difficult to retrohale, although that also could've been because it was 45 **** degrees outside.

The whiskey surprised me.... At first I could barely swallow it, but with a few tips from Roman, got it drinkable quickly. And then it got me buzzed quickly. Thankfully I don't think I said anything too ridiculous on vherf. Had fun with you guys! And Randy... I'll start digging into Cigar 101. Or.... Maybe I should just PM you? ;)

photo 7CD05CBE-951E-440B-83AB-3E815A67B06B.jpg

photo 3F48F6E9-A742-4562-8B67-A00578E7751D.jpg