Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Unicorn Diaries

Comments

• Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    Rob1110:
    If you're a fan of Teavana, try Adagio.com. They're fresher, cheaper and shipping is reasonable and I usually receive my order within a 2-3 days. Been a long-time customer of Adagio, shopped Teavana once......once.
    Thanks!! I'll check that out!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Bob Luken:
    honorknight7:
    No sugar in mine please, just plain strong iced tea, maybe a cut of lemon now and then :P
    I use an iced tea maker - add ice, water and 8 Lipton tea bags, and 5 minutes later a great gallon of nice dark ice tea :D
    Yeah it's good un-sweet too. As long as it's fresh it's good either way but it's hard to add sugar after it's cooled.
    "un-sweet" tea....

gotta bust your chops for that one, Michael
    LOL

fast forward to about 1:55

"i'd like a plain iced tea"
    "you mean unsweetened"
    "no i mean plain, because there's no fvcking thing as unsweetened iced tea! what kind of a$$hole sugars a beverage, then takes the sugar back out again! how do you even do that? show the machine that unsweetens the tea!!"

/threadjack

Well, hold on now, I think I can get off on a technicality at the very least. I didn't say unsweetened. I said unsweet. Just like your comic from the Sam Kinison School of Rants was sayin', unsweetened just doesn't make sense to me either. Just like the word unethical makes sense and the word unethicalized does not. I don't think anybody says unsweetened tea around here. If they are I haven't been payin' any attention. I'm pretty sure we mostly just call it unsweet tea. What about Pennsylvanians? The folks from Hershey PA sell HERSHEY'S Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. Did they de-sweeten it? Nope. Coco powder isn't naturally sweet anyway but they choose to call it unsweetened. Lipton and a host of other tea companies use the term unsweetened tea. Other companies sell unsweetened coconut, unsweetened soymilk, unsweetened baking chocolate.

unsweetened /?n'swi?t?nd/ adjective 1. not having any added sugar or other sweeteners.

So at this point I guess I learned something. Unsweetened doesn't actually mean de-sweetened like the comedian convinced me and everybody else who laughed at his flawed logic to believe. I guess he never looked it up in the FVCKING DICTIONARY! .

LOL
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dictionaries be damned!!
  • Options
    This weekend I am headed to Cali for a conference and I plan on smoking as much as I can around the edges. Reviews coming :)
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    This weekend I am headed to Cali for a conference and I plan on smoking as much as I can around the edges. Reviews coming :)
    Mega Herf
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Mega solo herf!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    Mega solo herf!
    oh word?
  • Options
    Something relaxing about going to the gym, drinking good black tea, and sitting across a lake smoking a phenomenal cigar. Roman sent me this delicious Avo Lounge. It's got this pretty mint green label. Anyways it's delicious. Roman says it's very smooth... Would agree with that description.

photo 13FF31D6-D3E2-4215-AE81-B8C3DAF5B5B3.jpg
    Most interesting were the reactions of the people walking by. The women universally either ignored or gave me the side eye. The men did double takes or said, "I like your style!"

photo 2BB02242-4DAB-41BA-87F1-CD03AE26581A.jpg
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice choice of smokes! And hahaha women hate harder then men!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Believe it or not, had time for only one more cigar this weekend. An Illusione Cruzado. Started smoking this at a Starbucks near the Oakland airport. Was asked for money by 5 different crazy people while smoking it so it was not a relaxing experience. The cigar was wonderful but after the 5th person bugged me, I decided to bounce. I had a rental car though so had to toss the cigar :(

photo 2923739A-58CA-4158-8538-8CB82DE26D53.jpg
    Had my first In and Out Burger this weekend too. I eat really healthy for the most part, so while it was so yummy, it sat in my stomach like a brick.

photo B78D8AD2-3CBC-4975-9B54-3E1DF078450D.jpg Couldn't take my typical cigar selfie because it was too weird this time.
  • Options
    Oakland ..... #bounce
  • Options
    I've always hated the number of panhandlers in Oakland and San Francisco, they can totally ruin your day.
  • Options
    It's been awhile my friends, and I have not smoked a single cigar, so I can't even give a review. I can however say how thankful I am to both Todd (bandyt09) and Roman (trident) for walking me through the seasoning process of my lovely new humidor. I think its almost ready.

photo 2DF389F7-6096-423E-A8FD-07083DCC71B7.jpg

I bought myself a tank top to go with my name on here. It says Unicorn mode :)

photo 3E36E595-E120-4BAF-86B4-F26BA8B31C16.jpg
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Awesome stuff.
  • Options
    I am going on a girls weekend trip into Boston this weekend. I have a roof deck at the apartment where we are staying, and I plan on checking out Stanza dei Signari, which is a local cigar bar in the Italian section of Boston. Should be interesting... I'm hoping they allow outside cigars as I'm going to bring some newbie cigars in for my two friends who have never smoked. Hopefully they just have a cutting fee. I'll take pics :)

Oh! And I hope they make my favorite new drink. The rusty nail. Or else I'll be drinking straight scotch.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great time! Enjoy
  • Options
    Sounds like a good time. Hope they enjoy the smokes. Its always more fun smoking with others.
  • Options
    Unicorn:
    I am going on a girls weekend trip into Boston this weekend. I have a roof deck at the apartment where we are staying, and I plan on checking out Stanza dei Signari, which is a local cigar bar in the Italian section of Boston. Should be interesting... I'm hoping they allow outside cigars as I'm going to bring some newbie cigars in for my two friends who have never smoked. Hopefully they just have a cutting fee. I'll take pics :)

Oh! And I hope they make my favorite new drink. The rusty nail. Or else I'll be drinking straight scotch.
    Nrocinu Edom
  • Options
    Except not that tank. LBD time.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Unicorn:

Oh, I'm sure they they'll let you smoke your own, but the cutting fee will probably be at least $10, plus I expect a tip is expected. But you all will save a ton of cash on all the drinks the men there will buy for you.

Interested in seeing your photos. I've passed the place many many times but never been in there. You might find that some of the patrons there try to cover their faces when you take photos--this is the North End, remember. :)
  • Options
    I don't mind a cutting fee in exchange for not having to buy a $30 cigar that my friends might not enjoy. I'll make sure to take pictures. Apparently there are hot women who go around lighting the cigars. I'll try and snap a few with them too!
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    I don't mind a cutting fee in exchange for not having to buy a $30 cigar that my friends might not enjoy. I'll make sure to take pictures. Apparently there are hot women who go around lighting the cigars. I'll try and snap a few with them too!
    Will these be in the bum thread Jamie? Lol joking, well no really?
  • Options
    I think it depends on the quality of ass of cigar girls in Boston.

Smoked a surprise cigar tonight. Surprise because it was so pleasant outside that I could actually do so without freezing my fingers off. Picked out a Camancho Triple Maduro this evening. I loved it. What I thought was really cool was that under the light it looked sparkly. Roman popped on Google chat with me while I smoked it and informed me that sparkle means plume.

photo C605F991-E8C3-4EFA-904B-CBC7A602A4A2.jpg

I thought this was amazing. The wrapper tasted a little tangy at first to me... not sure why. Anyways, cigar number 1 of this week :) more over the weekend!

This is me after cardio too in my smoking sweatshirt that is literally 18 years old.
    photo A1FD47D5-7904-4385-A68B-270002CEF07E.jpg
  • Options
    Got a surprise in the mail today! Girls weekend cigars from Roman!! Three little cohibas so we can match. And a couple of Drew Estate for the two newbies.

photo FA91FC53-41DC-4299-A0C9-6E2E6FC8D9CE.jpg
    the ones in the middle are for me! :)

And this. I am so so excited and very thankful. Pink!!! Obvi my favorite.
    photo 7F75616B-C1FD-46F0-BF85-D32E542DA4A4.jpg
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Holy ***. Great haul from Roman. That man most love him some cookies.
  • Options
    ndhaon91:
    Holy ***. Great haul from Roman. That man most love him some cookies.
    Doesn't everyone love my cookies?
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Roman...Jamie, hope you and the girls enjoy your weekend!
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    Great job Roman...Jamie, hope you and the girls enjoy your weekend!
    We will, Ro! ;)
  • Options
    Modo Unicornio