Modo de unicornio esta en la casa!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    danielzreyes:
    Modo Unicornio
    Modo de unicornio esta en la casa!
    orale!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    Boston no est
  • Options
    Unicorn:
    Boston no est
  • Options
    Having so much fun on my girls weekend! Picked up my best friend Michelle from the airport and we immediately went shopping, as women do, and bought dresses and heels for our cigar night tomorrow. Then we went and checked into our airbnb, which is on the top floor of an old brownstone in South Boston and went up on the roof deck to teach my girl how to smoke.

Shoes...
    photo CDD2E0B2-D36A-4CE1-8E74-6C6927FF5E1F.jpg

I picked an Epernay Illusione for myself and a Isla Del Sol by Drew Estate for Michelle because she has only ever had a handful of cigars before when she was younger. She loved hers and of course I loved mine (that is the review section Ro).

photo B4071CC3-4A87-457B-BA57-3EAEF96B2B41.jpg

photo 94E58D47-B76E-404A-A637-F1183A65FB92.jpg
    Tomorrow we are all going out to that cigar bar and having a few sticks hopefully with as many colorful characters as possible.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics and outstanding review Jamie...keep up the good work :)
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great time, and a great smoke, love those things.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you're having a great weekend. Nice red shoes.
  • Options
    More shopping. More cigars. Three sneaky smokes in Boston Common.

photo 789ABE19-D785-4898-9788-7034F4C4A97D.jpg
    photo 16A9DE19-DA19-474E-BB9C-140A0569F641.jpg

Good to the last little bit...
    photo 2E5982F2-C152-474E-852C-74DA37746504.jpg
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.
  • Options
    True Religion?
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    True Religion?
    Kut from the Kloth
  • Options
    Well... Ladies night should've been entitled Lush Night. We all got dressed up in our dresses and high heels and took an Uber over to Stanza Dei Signari in the North End.

Little black dresses
    photo E98FC6A3-B5C4-4273-9073-9AA8339EBFD0.jpg
    Bum of the week
    photo 6AE068F4-184A-44B5-B7B8-A1F3AD1E07FE.jpg
    Started the night off with a Man Of War. I loooove this brand! just really smokable and amazing flavor.
    photo 672D1D3A-017B-4764-98C6-41835DBE7C98.jpg
    and got this shot....
    photo FB0AAF96-F12A-4151-967E-130426659782.jpg
    and then I had a few whiskey cocktails and smoked this one, which surprisingly I didn't enjoy as much.
    photo A5F0B052-4879-4D59-808B-04CE3BEDB181.jpg

Enjoyed every moment of this weekend. What an adventure...
  • Options
    I can't figure out how to take the double shot out because I'm still a bit hungover and just don't give a sh*t.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you had an awesome time.
  • Options
    We did. I don't know which one of you guys thought we wouldn't have to pay for a single drink... But we had an $177 bar tab. Guess we looked like we were high rollers ourselves!
  • Options
    photo C1F75E74-F941-4543-B0EC-7CBCCA276048.jpg
  • Options
    Unicorn:
    danielzreyes:
    True Religion?
    Kut from the Kloth
    gotcha
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    You do look like high rollers, maybe the Man of War was too intimidating.
  • Options
    ckrddsmke:
    You do look like high rollers, maybe the Man of War was too intimidating.
    You may be right :)
  • Options
    One funny story from the weekend. At the last bar we went to, I got asked if I had any cocaine. Of all the people in the bar, I am probably the least likely person (outside of my two friends) to possess or sell cocaine. I am a pretty boring person!

Tonight it's going to be 68 and clear which is unheard of for October in New England. I'm going to sit on the back deck and light one up. Maybe another MOW. Might be a unicorn sighting on Vherf around 9:00 pm est.
  • Options
    Roman reminded me of something important... this is supposed to be a review blog and I didn't even review the bar! So, Saturday night we arrived at Stanza Dei Signari in Boston's North End (Italian district) at around 10:30 pm, and there was a wait time of about 5 minutes. We hobbled down some narrow stairs into the bar which was everything you'd expect in an old school cigar bar. Dark, leathery, and loud, with college football playing on big flatscreen TVs.

There were probably 7 small tables, a few couches, and a short bar that would fit about 5 people across. As far as I could tell, there was one female bartender (like a 5/10 on hotness scale) and one waitress (6/10) and they were very very busy. Took a good twenty minutes to get a rusty nail. Everyone kind of kept to themselves. This was not a mixing and mingling kind of bar, more of a hunker down in your seats and get quietly drunk kind of bar. We made friends with the neighboring table pretty quickly, but other than that no one said a peep to us. The drinks were killer- my rusty nails were perfectly blended and my friends drank these coffee martinis that were amazing.

Comparing this to the other two cigar bars that I've been to: the Occidental and the Cigar Bar and Grillle in San Fran, this one was nice but more of a casual hang out place than a get dressed up and be fancy place. I like to look fancy when I've got a stick in my hand :)
  • Options
    Shout outs to Roman for getting this thread on track! If the bartender was a 5 then its a requirement that her drinks are on point..ya dig? As for the waitress did she have any tats? Just sayin!.....Thank you for the review Jamie. Lets just say if I was there that I would..i would of tried to holla at yall...as a gentleman of course!
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    Shout outs to Roman for getting this thread on track! If the bartender was a 5 then its a requirement that her drinks are on point..ya dig? As for the waitress did she have any tats? Just sayin!.....Thank you for the review Jamie. Lets just say if I was there that I would..i would of tried to holla at yall...as a gentleman of course!
    No tats at all, long curly hair and a short black skirt. Bad shoes. Boston accent. Very nice attitude though! Oh Ro, you are always a gentleman :)
  • Options
    Unicorn:
    smoke em if you got em:
    No tats at all, long curly hair and a short black skirt. Bad shoes. Boston accent. Very nice attitude though! Oh Ro, you are always a gentleman :)
    Girl you are too kind...continue!
  • Options
    I too like to look fancy when I have a cigar in my hand. Fancy, rich and really important. Like a Doctor, or a Surgeon even.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    I too like to look fancy when I have a cigar in my hand. Fancy, rich and really important. Like a Doctor, or a Surgeon even.
    Well, the socks sure are fancy!
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    danielzreyes:
    Well, the socks sure are fancy!

X-Actly
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    I dunno ..... a lot of the brosiery in here are stepping up their sock game.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    I dunno ..... a lot of the brosiery in here are stepping up their sock game.
    Yeah but you started it. Sock pioneer.