Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The Bourbon and Whiskey Thread

Comments

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a pour of Clynelish this evening. 

Storms rolled through earlier, but the evening is shaping up to be quite fine.
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ well, look what the cat dragged in...   :D
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it my OCD or is that bottle neck off center?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I REALLY WANTED ONE MORE......

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    I REALLY WANTED ONE MORE......

That Glenmorangie is some fine tastin’ Stuff. You got good taste, J.D.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well, I didn't want to comb through 22 pages of this, but I recently picked up a bottle of KnobCreek, which I think is going to be my favorite affordable bourbon now.

Auto editor deleted K n o b.  had to run the words together, good grief! 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    @Amos_Umwhat it's a good one. I keep a few on hand. I like their rye too
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Amos_Umwhat it's a good one. I keep a few on hand. I like their rye too
    I've never been crazy about rye whisky, although I eat rye bread almost exclusively, but I may give it a try.  I may have just never had a good one, and, taste changes from time to time and it's been awhile.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I didn't want to comb through 22 pages of this, but I recently picked up a bottle of KnobCreek, which I think is going to be my favorite affordable bourbon now.

Excellent choice. I second the rye suggestion too. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options

I have an unopened bottle that has bee sitting around for years. Time to start sampling.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knob Creek does some good stuff, their Single Barrel is my fav but the Rye is one of the best examples out there for the price. Better than the Bulliet Rye (sp?) IMHO though that one isn’t bad too, just not as refined or clean as the Knob Creek offering me thinks. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

I have an unopened bottle that has bee sitting around for years. Time to start sampling.
    Sampling is good.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done!  
  • Options
    I got this today.  It's pretty rare around me and my name on the list finally came up. 

I sometimes see that around here. Would you like me to snag a bottle for you if it pops up again?
    And your right, it is never on the shelf when I go back.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not rare or special. But it's what came home with me today
    The 12 is good, haven’t tried the 15
  • Options
    Debated a bottle of a few other things. What is the hive's opinion of talisker storm and oban?
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I'm good till the new year
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that Evan Williams was smooth and flavorful. Great price too.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Usaf06 said:
    that Evan Williams was smooth and flavorful. Great price too.

Was? One down, four to go. Are you sure you're good until NYE?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Evan Williams is phenomenal
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    deadman said:
    It's not rare or special. But it's what came home with me today
    The 12 is good, haven’t tried the 15
    The 15 is amazing and my fav from them. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Stubble said:

So jealous you found the Antique 107, I just finished off my last bottle and haven’t seen it in years! Congrats Steve, if you ever find one again I may have to bribe you to pick it up for me, that stuff is candy. 
  • Options