Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Words I'd like to murder. (Phrases too.)

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Not cigar related"

I hate seeing this posted in Facebook groups. We can see its not cigar related. Whenever I see that I just skip over.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Wylaff said:
    Price point would be an average range of prices for which an item can be found on a consistent basis. 
    A viaje has a high price point, but if you shop you can find them at a decent price.
    I'm not sure that's the correct definition but I like it anyway because it's simple enough for me to understand. ;)

You would be correct. That is not the textbook definition, but it is the way it is most commonly used. 

I have also seen it used with PP being a hypothetical cost, whereas P would be the verified actual cost. But that seems to be a bit less common.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    Wylaff said:
    Price point would be an average range of prices for which an item can be found on a consistent basis. 
    A viaje has a high price point, but if you shop you can find them at a decent price.
    I'm not sure that's the correct definition but I like it anyway because it's simple enough for me to understand. ;)

You would be correct. That is not the textbook definition, but it is the way it is most commonly used. 

I have also seen it used with PP being a hypothetical cost, whereas P would be the verified actual cost. But that seems to be a bit less common.
    The irritation I have is with people using price point instead of price for not good reason. I think they've simply watched too many episodes of shark tank. 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price point is something we say at work all the time. Working in retail, it is a way to say a more attractive price. For example, 2/$4 may be a better price point than $1.99 because we are making them consider that extra item and making an extra sale. Also, a 99 cent item would also be a better price point than $1.09. I've never really heard non-retail people use it. @Bob_Luken
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    Wylaff said:

Heh, heh... Wayne said "PP" :D
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someones answer to a question is yes and no. 
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    When someones answer to a question is yes and no. 
    Heck I prefer yes or no to answering a question with a question lol

Dope now i see you put yes AND no.. 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when you ask a yes or no question and they answer with a freakin story.
    I don't want an explanation, I want yes or no.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Conversate"

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your bandwidth look like?
    Lets look at this project from the 30,000 foot view.

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    Republican
    Feeling a bit blue?
  • Options
    You forgot Trump Nick... Just saying.. 
  • Options
    At the end of the day...

I think the sentiment is fine, as it is just another way of saying 'when all is said and done', but it is way overused recently.
  • Options
    At the end of the day...

I think the sentiment is fine, as it is just another way of saying 'when all is said and done', but it is way overused recently.
    And I've heard it twice since I posted this.
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Netflix and Chill.

People my age do that **** all the time instead of taking the woman out on a proper date.

How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    My daughter saying, I was in another fender bender! 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merp.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to be rude,but 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what?

Just,..... so,..... f#ckin' tired of hearing it. 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, right?

and

Excuse me

Cause I know it will be followed by some dip$hit giving me their opinion of something.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience said:
    I know, right?

That one was getting out of hand. Thankfully I don't hear it much anymore.
  • Options
    Politically correct  (sure it's been mentioned,  but deserves repeated).
  • Options
    Albinfk said:
    First I had to learn etiquette rules, then there were noob rules, then I had to learn all these abbreviations and now I have to learn all these words and phrases I can't use. WTF.
    I know, Right?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love me some
    Awesome
    Whatever
    Dude
    Rad
    Word
    slang and catch phrases in general
    cell phone lazy finger abbreviations and acronyms 

• Options
    I love me some awesome slang and catch phrases in general.

This is kinda fun ;)