Home Non Cigar Related

Words I'd like to murder. (Phrases too.)

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    Trish said:
    “Just Saying” after someone says something controversial. It’s like they want credit for saying it if it’s accepted but not be responsible if someone finds it offensive.
    Hahaha that's my favorite!!! It's my disclaimer,  meaning that's my feeling in the moment don't really care if you agree or disagree it's not going to make a difference.
    Just pour a stiff drink if you ever read my post 🤣
    Oh I almost forgot...Just sayin!!!

Hehehe 
    Oh, I get it. You really don’t mean what you’re saying. LOL😘
    I've found that politics in a college are almost as bad as they were in the police department.  Sometimes you have to CYA with some plausible deniability.  I'm just sayin'
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    Trish said:
    Trish said:
    “Just Saying” after someone says something controversial. It’s like they want credit for saying it if it’s accepted but not be responsible if someone finds it offensive.
    Hahaha that's my favorite!!! It's my disclaimer,  meaning that's my feeling in the moment don't really care if you agree or disagree it's not going to make a difference.
    Just pour a stiff drink if you ever read my post 🤣
    Oh I almost forgot...Just sayin!!!

Hehehe 
    Oh, I get it. You really don’t mean what you’re saying. LOL😘
    I've found that politics in a college are almost as bad as they were in the police department.  Sometimes you have to CYA with some plausible deniability.  I'm just sayin'
    It is what it is... 😉
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Low hanging fruit. At the same token. 30k foot view. Reaching out.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low hanging fruit. At the same token. 30k foot view. Reaching out.
    When news outlets use the phrase "We reached out to ____ for comment" only makes me think they are being vague on purpose. They want you to think they have done enough to give someone a chance to speak, but in reality they are NOT telling much of anything. Did they call? Did they leave a message? Did you email somebody? "Reached out" could mean ANYTHING, therefore the term "We reached out to ____ for comment" means almost nothing.  
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adulting, if it has been mentioned yet. So sick of hearing “Adulting is hard” 
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    That drives me nuts. There are going to be "adulting" classes at a school somewhere where I live. Im 28 and consider it one of the most BS things I've ever heard. I don't know what my generation likes about "adulting." My guess is that the 2007 recession prolonged the length of time they stayed with their parents, and stopped them from taking full responsibility for things in life like every other grown person. Now we're in our late 20s and many of them are now able to start doing something with their life like a normal adult. Just a hypothesis.
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Right?! And since when did “adult” be allowed to become a verb?
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "nothingburger"
    edited March 2019

Outrage

Sick of the media using that word over and over because a few people get their panties in a bunch over something and they can't STFU about it. So what if they b*tch about it on twitter? That's not outrage. That's whining. AND IT's NOT NEWSWORTHY! So stop telling us people are outraged. They're just bitchy. 

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "with ties to"
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting tired of hearing the word 'granular'.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the British pronunciation of ‘la-BORE-a-tree’ ?  That one always hangs in my craw......  🙄

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The insane over use of the word "star".
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I'm getting tired of hearing the word 'granular'.
    Interesting,..... I'm not aware of it's overuse, but then I googled "I'm getting tired of hearing the word 'granular'." I found a couple of references online but I don't remember if I've ever heard it used as a synonym for "detailed" or if I did, I didn't notice.  
    The insane over use of the word "star".
    OK! I won't call you a star.  
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cnn journalist 
    jd50ae said:
    cnn journalist 
    over it whatever GIF
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    triggered
    Great....Now I'm triggered too.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ideate
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transgender
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

edited March 2020

Amid the virus news, I just learned that another common word
    is being molested repeatedly without consent.
    I just heard the Governor of NJ use the word ask, as a noun.

Ask is not a noun.

"We've had an ask in of the federal government,...….. "
    "The White House has generally been accepting of the asks,...…."
    "We will continue to make those asks of the federal government."

(Three times in less than a minute he grammatically pounded dat ask.)

Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coulda been worse.... he coulda been ‘aksing’ each of those times.... 🤓

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shelter In Place

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

"More News on the Corona Virus...." I could do without that for awhile.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

"common sense gun reforms"

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.