Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    CNN to host a seven hour bitchathon trumpeting the "climate crisis." Ten Democrat candidates, one after the other, 40 minutes each.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/27/politics/cnn-climate-crisis-town-hall-democrats/

Possibly the worst broadcast idea since Fischer versus Spassky

I like this quote, which I just now saw on this forum:

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.   ...  Friedrich Nietzsche

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    OldGnomeOldGnome Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    They're bugs.
    And they're delicious.
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    They're bugs.
    Yes they are.
    But, they get a lot of woke dimwitted female celebrity idiots to take their clothes off.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldGnome said:
    webmost said:
    They're bugs.
    And they're delicious.
    We need a “Couldn’t possibly agree more” button.....  👍
  • Options
    Come to think of it, escargot are also bugs and they, too, are delicious....  
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys had me until you said snails.  

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ShawnOL said:
    You guys had me until you said snails.  
    Hey, if you ain’t tried ‘em, don’t knock ‘em. Done similar to scampi they’re excellent. And the fact that they’re the kind you can find in your garden is a plus.....  👴🏻
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    The part that gets me, when you salt them they squeal.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Yakster said:
    @Yakster

Chris, m’lad, you’ve sunk to a new low. 😬  
    These guys definitely need to find a new line of work. Phewww. 
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Yakster said:
    @Yakster

Believe it or not, they are members of the Grand Ole Opry.  Nice guys.  Good family entertainment...comedy as well as music...I did some photography for them many years ago...
  • Options
    TBonz said:
    jlmarta said:
    Yakster said:
    @Yakster

Believe it or not, they are members of the Grand Ole Opry.  Nice guys.  Good family entertainment...comedy as well as music...I did some photography for them many years ago...
    Maybe so, but this video is definitely not one of their finer offerings, IMHO......  

We need an emoji of a thumb and forefinger pinching nostrils shut, if you get my drift (no pun intended)....  😬
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    TBonz said:
    jlmarta said:
    Yakster said:
    @Yakster

Maybe so, but this video is definitely not one of their finer offerings, IMHO......  

We need an emoji of a thumb and forefinger pinching nostrils shut, if you get my drift (no pun intended)....  😬
    Maybe just watch it another 6 times... after a while, it gets better.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And remember, California is 20 years ahead of the rest of the country! 

Time to stop and smell the roses. 

Well, not in San Francisco.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Speaking of poop:

Here's the idea: Australian conservationists figure if they shove poop from a koala that eats messmate eucalyptus up the butt of a koala that eats gum eucalyptus, then that second koala will eat messmate, which there are more messmate trees, so...

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/fecal-transplants-might-help-make-koalas-less-picky-eaters?utm_source=Editors_Picks&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorspicks090119

• Options
    social media improves mental health FOR OLDER ADULTS!

• Options
    webmost said:
    social media improves mental health FOR OLDER ADULTS!
    I know it certainly improves mine......  I avoid it at all costs...!!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    um, this is social media....
  • Options
    Wait ... what?!?
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the older forms.  Before Myspace, tweeter, etc.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the only thing I'm on, I still google/etc my name just to make sure.  When you are part of the witness protection program, you get very paranoid.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to tell him that once. 
  • Options
    ShawnOL said:
    One of the older forms.  Before Myspace, tweeter, etc.
    Yup. My sarcasm font is on the fritz again.
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
  • Options
    I think the study may confuse cause with effect. If Nana's mind has dulled, then she's not apt to have figured out how to keep track of the great grandchildren via fakebook, twatter, instapron, and the rest. If she has kept sharp, then she's more apt to have. It's not that her tablet and phone have made her smart; it's that she's engaged enough to use them.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Harry Potter' books banned from Catholic school because reading spells 'risk conjuring evil spirits'

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    'Harry Potter' books banned from Catholic school because reading spells 'risk conjuring evil spirits'

If you take the Bible seriously (and I do), there is a logical connection between follow one’s faith and not stirring up Satan and his minions. That is one reason why there are biblical prohibitions against attempts at sorcery, telling the future, etc. 

“Ghost hunters,” generally, don’t have any idea of the nature of the entities they are trying to contact. 

On on the other hand, if you don’t believe in the veracity of the Bible, the school’s approach is not going to make any sense. 
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Yes, but it’s not the same format as those other insipid, time-wasting ones such as fakebook, twaddle, (or is that twiddle?), instascam, etc. Neither is it a chat room. This one’s a forum. You can google the difference if you’re so inclined. 

But I take your point. I’m here for the social aspects of a forum devoted to a hobby in which I have an interest. I don’t, however, belong to any other forums or forms of social intercourse because, frankly, they bore and annoy me. 

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forums, bulletin boars, and just posting things on a physical wall all pre-date the term social media, which generally has a much narrower definition.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:

Forums, bulletin boars, and just posting things on a physical wall all pre-date the term social media, which generally has a much narrower definition.

https://biteable.com/blog/tips/the-7-different-types-of-social-media/