Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    jd50ae said:
    Yakster said:
    jd50ae said:

Universal's 'The Hunt' that satirizes killing of 'deplorables' slammed online, called 'beyond sick' and 'disturbing'

What does that even mean?
    I can't believe you don't know what this means...
    It's similar to editing your posts and then posting them, or kinda like editing your posts and then posting them.
    Let me see if I understand. I make a post and go back to edit it. While I am editing it someone post before edit is complete. Or in re-reading a post because I have no idea what the answer is saying I go back and try to make it easier for some minds to comprehend. The answer itself can then be edited and hopefully make sense. Does this occur to you at all.....?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point of personal privilege, I'm offended by things that are confusing.... :dizzy:
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    jd50ae said:

Universal's 'The Hunt' that satirizes killing of 'deplorables' slammed online, called 'beyond sick' and 'disturbing'

In jds original post he has a link to foxnews followed by a description. The discription is so close to the link it's almost as if it was written twice. I don't see this as a dig at you, jd. It just looked funny

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    peter4jc said:
    This is like one of those infinity mirrors...
    Let me see if I understand. I make a post and go back to edit it. While I am editing it someone post before edit is complete. Or in re-reading a post because I have no idea what the answer is saying I go back and try to make it easier for some minds to comprehend. The answer itself can then be edited and hopefully make sense. Does this occur to you at all.....?
    Yeah, we all do that, change our posts for various reasons.  We just post the final revision without telling the world what we revised.   <3
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    jd50ae said:
    peter4jc said:
    This is like one of those infinity mirrors...
    Yeah, we all do that, change our posts for various reasons.  We just post the final revision without telling the world what we revised.   <3
    a. you write something and post it
    b. you reread it and have no idea what the answer is
    c. you edit it to make it "easier for some minds to comprehend"
    d. while editing someone
     posts a response to your original post.

Yeah, I do that too, but without the  "easier for some minds to comprehend"

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• OldGnomeOldGnome Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    🍿
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
    Really didn't want to put this in "Faces"
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-man-face-tattoos-convicted-sentenced
    This is one of those times it is hard not to judge a book by its cover. 

Must be planning to move to the US and run for president.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazil-president-poop-every-other-day
    jd50ae said:
    Must be planning to move to the US and run for president.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazil-president-poop-every-other-day
    🤦🏻‍♂️
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
    edited August 2019
    What is going on with Walmart? I have been upset with the store because they never have enough cash registers open. But this has become a regular thing of late,

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-walmart-threat 

OMG, are these nut jobs loading up on
    http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Edited...for people of walmart...
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six-Year-Old Saying, 'Why Don't We Just Give Everything Away For Free?' Surges To Top Of Democratic Polls

Love that Babylon Bee

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

America Offers To Trade All Of Its Communists For Democratic Protesters In Hong Kong

Babylon Bee is working overtime!

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost power yesterday. Some knothead was cutting timber and dropped a tree into a power substation. Power cut to our town of Newland, Elk Park,and  Linville. We got it back in a couple of hours but most of Avery County is still in the dark.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost power yesterday. Some knothead was cutting timber and dropped a tree into a power substation. Power cut to our town of Newland, Elk Park,and  Linville. We got it back in a couple of hours but most of Avery County is still in the dark.
    Daaaaang! And up here the only problem was trying to decide if I should use the extra rinse cycle on the washer or not. I debated this for quite some time, like seconds. I finally concluded that a little dirt left on the clothes was an acceptable trade off for the extra nice smelliness that would be washed away by a second rinse.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

IRS Budget Cuts Result in $34.3 Billion in Lost Tax Revenue From Large Firms

Budget cuts at the Internal Revenue Service threaten the agency's effectiveness and have led to billions of dollars in lost tax revenue, new research from the Indiana University Kelley School of Business shows.
    "By eliminating the role of the IRS, you're effectively reducing corporate tax burdens. On the one hand, this could be used to spur economic growth," Schwab said. "On the other hand, there's a notion that everyone should pay their fair share. The IRS is fundamental in preventing businesses from engaging in transactions that aggressively reduce their tax liability."
    https://www.newswise.com/articles/irs-budget-cuts-result-in-34-3-billion-in-lost-tax-revenue-from-large-firms/sc-dwhn
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLB strikes deal with MGM as legal gambling expands in US

But Pete Rose is still banned from the hall because of gambling.
    Hypocrisy much?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience said:

Hypocrisy much?
    When the rules of engagement change, previous violations of the rules are not automatically voided.
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldGnome said:
    0patience said:

Hypocrisy much?
    When the rules of engagement change, previous violations of the rules are not automatically voided.
    True, but I agree that this issue needs to be revisited....  👴🏻
    jlmarta said:
    OldGnome said:
    0patience said:

Hypocrisy much?
    True, but I agree that this issue needs to be revisited....  👴🏻
    Agreed. MLB and the HOF need to re-evaluate their stand on this.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He bet on his own team to win. They can't let him back in. 
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
    What's the problem with that? It is that he could have sacrificed relief pitchers or other positional players on the Tuesday game he bet which could have cost the reds a chance at winning on Wednesday.

if you want to revisit a case, revisit shoeless Joe Jackson. He took the money and didn't follow through with throwing the series. She batted something crazy like .343 and I had five homers in that series. The commissioner kicked him out of baseball simply because he took the money. Good decision at the time, and now it's a good time to fix it.
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
    Oh, and let Pete Rose go into the Hall of Fame, but don't let him back into the game of baseball.
    edited August 2019
    He bet on his own team to win. They can't let him back in. 
    He bet that his team WOULD win.
    Not against them.
    Betting FOR your team does not change the outcome.
    Betting AGAINST your team, you can affect the outcome, therefore is unethical.

No, Pete Rose should not be allowed back in baseball as a manager or anything, but yes, his accomplishments do warrant his place in the hall.

Shoeless Joe Jackson took money, at a time when ball players made very little money, but his stats in the series actually would have put him in favor of an MVP in that game, if they had it.
    Jackson and Buck Weaver were railroaded. Weaver took no money and did almost as well as Jackson in the series.
    Weaver would not be eligible for the hall, even if the ban was lifted on him, because he was at 8 years in the MLB and the hall requires 10 years.
    Jackson, would be eligible if the ban was lifted and would deserve it.

When you have people who did drugs, arrest records and steroids and they are still eligible, something is wrong with the sport.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Rose should not be in, because as stated before, managing is about more than winning a single game. If he bet on a game, and then did something like use his closer for 3 innings, instead of one, so that he couldn't pitch for the next couple of games, then that hurts his team. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The steroid cheaters should also not be allowed on the ballot.  That tool Sosa even got caught with a corked bat.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Colleges are now putting tampons in men's bathrooms.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Colleges are now putting tampons in men's bathrooms.

WTF?  

I've noticed that lately I've been seeing bathrooms marked "Women" and "Family Bathroom" with no "Men" bathroom in sight.  The "Family Bathroom" has the changing table.  I guess one must emasculate a society if one wishes to take it without a fight.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited August 2019
    Harry Reid rips Dems over 'Medicare-for-all,' border policies: 'Of course' it will hurt us in 2020

The climate change is officially over. It is going the other way, H.ell is freezing over.>:) 
    Post edited by jd50ae on