Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    The video clip is an excerpt from a recreational shooting event that takes place annually here in the states. The news is trying to pass it off as footage of what is happening in Syria.
    Hmmm. Maybe so, I’m not arguing. I just got no inkling of that from watching the video. Guess I ought to watch the news more often......
    It was selectively edited not to show anything that gives away its origin. But people who saw the full original video have recognized it and pointed out the attempt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More wag-the-dog.  Sigh.... :/
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or stock footage
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    And here's the apology headline that will get 1 percent of the views the original lie did
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move along, Citizen.   Nothing to see here.   Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Citizen implies they think of us with anything but disdain. More like subjects, or peons
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I don't watch the local news. Haven't looked at it in a couple of years. I get the news from NPR or if I really want to look BBC news on PBS.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can seek all the information you want and still be fooled.

Worse yet: You can make an informed decision and be ignored.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    That's why I don't watch the local news. Haven't looked at it in a couple of years. I get the news from NPR or if I really want to look BBC news on PBS.
    Yeah, like those are both unbiased and trustworthy...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I used to listen to shortwave broadcasts from various countries...Yugoslavia, Russia, Britain, VoA, Costa Rica, Cuba, etc. it became quickly apparent that there was a considerable degree of manipulative propaganda in the "news".  The mix of opinion, nationalism, and selective reporting of the news has only worsened.

And now that anyone can broadcast via the internet and social media we are condemned to ignorance by what we think we know.

"We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us."
    --Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Now that's funny!
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:

• Options
    "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion" (Elizabeth Drew).
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a very conservative friend who used to work for NPR..He referred to it as No Place for a Republican...
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was the plan all along.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hillary-clinton-2020-race-ben-shapiro

Ben Shapiro: Now's the time for Hillary Clinton to jump in and steal the nomination
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    It was the plan all along.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hillary-clinton-2020-race-ben-shapiro

Ben Shapiro: Now's the time for Hillary Clinton to jump in and steal the nomination
    Stick with what works. 

I imagine a news announcers voice:
          "The Democratic Presidential candidates seem to be mysteriously committing suicide, one by one...what could be behind this strange phenomenon?"

• Options
    Tulsi

• Options
    It would be hilarious to see Trump beat her again.

• Options
    ShawnOL said:
    You know, it just occurred to me, I guess now Donald Trump could appoint a Ukrainian citizen to a cabinet position, and California would just have to keep shut about it. 
    Things that make you go "hmmm". 

• Options
  • Options
    OldGnomeOldGnome Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Does anyone else find Hillary Clinton attacking Tulsi Gabbard as a Russian asset to be one of the most bizarre things in the Golden Era of Bizarre Things?

I do. Even for Hillary, that was strange. 
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
  • Options
    she's trying to shovel a path for Biden I think.
  • Options
    Ever more bizarre and ludicrous, this world:

Yesterday was National Period Day... and, no, it's not about proper punctuation. I even missed this aspect last May:

H.R. 1882: Menstrual Equity For All Act of 2019

(cause, of course, Congress had nothing better to do last May)

Well, today, the twitterverse is still all atwit about it, with the woke attacking the woke for not being woke enough:

I'm just an old guy, so I don't know much; but, you younkers tell me: If a surgeon chops off your junk, do you bleed every month? Or will you just get cranky cause you didn't?

It's fun to be alive, innit?

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    @webmost
    My wife rolled her eyes and said the world has totally gone nuts.
    Stupidity at it's finest.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    SMH