Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    webmost said:
    Has anybody in the MSM (Hey @VegasFrank, Mainstream Media) Has any of them said a peep about this settlement? CNN? NBC? Any of them? Or are they just pretending they didn't oppress and viciously slander a child? 
    Why am I being labeled the mainstream media guy?
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't it you, Frank, that asked once what MSM meant?

I'm just glad that Bob spelled it out above.

Oh, and I'm not here.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I did.  I see.  Carry on gentlemen.  I'm with Chris (not here).
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/vermont-cell-phones-bill-ban-under-21

Vermont Democrat lawmaker introduces bill to ban cellphones for people under 21

One could hope it catches on.....

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    jd50ae said:

But Rodgers suggested that he is merely trying to make a point about cellphone use and doesn’t expect the measure to pass.

"I have no delusions that it's going to pass," he told the Times Argus. "I wouldn't probably vote for it myself."

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way things are going, cell phones are practically required.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    jd50ae said:
    @Bob_Luken
    It is all over YouTube.
    i have seen numerous stories on Fox.
    I have seen it on OAN.
    https://tennesseestar.com/2019/10/30/judge-allows-nick-sandmanns-250-million-lawsuit.
    bing.com/news
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cnn-reportedly-settles-lawsuit-with-covington...

I asked if anybody had seen any MAINSTREAM MEDIA coverage of the Sandmann vs CNN settlement. The news outlets you list are considered conservative media, and the youtubes you alluded to are probably from conservative sources as well. I'm already well aware of conservative news coverage of the settlement.

The point I was trying to make is
     that I am confident the MAINSTREAM MEDIA will largely ignore the settlement.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course they will.  It doesn't push their agenda, therefore it doesn't exist.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    jd50ae said:

But Rodgers suggested that he is merely trying to make a point about cellphone use and doesn’t expect the measure to pass.

"I have no delusions that it's going to pass," he told the Times Argus. "I wouldn't probably vote for it myself."

I always wonder why the interviewer didn't immediately ask:  Then why did you waste the time to do it, instead of something useful that the American people are paying you to do?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did this person get elected?

https://youtu.be/wvie2dcEe_M
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    How did this person get elected?

https://youtu.be/wvie2dcEe_M
    and what "Pacific" answers is she looking for?  As in "Peaceable"?  or just mispronounced "Specific"?  And what is it that giggle-britches in the turban is so excited about?  And why is Jeff Ross the comedian there?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Shame. If only an inquiring media wanted to know. But either way you have to have an inquiring mind......

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon fires employees for customer data leaks

Jan. 12, 2020 4:28 AM ET|About: Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN)|By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor 

For the second time in a week, Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has acknowledged that its workers improperly accessed customer data.

On Friday, the company notified customers that it fired a number of employees after they shared customer email addresses and phone numbers with third parties.

Amazon also fired four Ring employees last week for abusing their access to customers' video feeds and now limits "such data access to a smaller number of team members."

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    since there is no LOL sub-folder I'll post this here:

Punk Rock Noise Machine Lets You Fall Asleep to Sound of Parents Arguing

BY DAN RICE | MAY 13, 2017

BOSTON — AggroNap, a noise machine sleep aid for people who grew up in broken homes, is set to hit the market after months of rigorous beta testing, according to developers.

“There is a giant gap in the market. Traditionally, sleep noise machines replicate peaceful, tranquil sounds, like waves crashing on a beach—but we found people really want the comfort of the sleep from their youth,” said Maxwell Henderson, CEO of tech startup Conflict Ambience. “Our soundscape re-creates what so many of us fell asleep to in our early development: bickering, sobbing, thrown objects, and approaching police sirens, to name a few.”

Test group feedback was overwhelmingly positive.

“My old noise machine made whale sounds,” said tester Martin Hurley via survey. “I didn’t grow up around a lot of whales—I didn’t actually see the ocean until I ran away when I was 17. But I did grow up around a broken shell of a man, who blamed his shortcomings on a woman who was too scared to leave him. I’ve never slept so well as an adult.”

“The sounds are really authentic!” said beta group member Stacey Osborne, who underwent a rigorous sleep study over six weeks. “My Aggronap simulated parents trying to be quiet but too angry to talk, so it’s just this muffled shouting match. The only escape is to surrender into a black, dreamless sleep. Anytime I hear the machine say, ‘Shut up, you’re going to wake the kids,’ I naturally force myself to fall asleep. I haven’t had this solid of a rest since high school.”

Henderson claimed the current Aggronap model is just the beginning.

“Currently, users can adjust the intensity of the argument, and there’s a switch you can flip to make the dad drunk,” said Henderson. “Aggronap 2.0 should have multiple argument option subjects, including relationship problems, blame for sibling drug abuse, or paying orthodontist bills. We hope to add sounds of late-night affairs, but the technology isn’t quite there yet.”

Data collected from early adopters show no adverse side effects, though Henderson did note that 20 percent of the beta group started listening to The Cure again.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/california-homeless-crisis-austin-rep-chip-roy

Rep. Chip Roy: California's homeless crisis could be migrating to Austin – Here's how to tackle it

Two more choices actually:
    1.     Extend the wall to cover the boarder of calalafornia.
    2.     Require passports and visas to leave calalafornia. Of course illegals will still cross, now  including all calalafornians, so number 1  will still be necessary.

• Options
    Deport them back to California.

• Options
    Hmm.  As much as I may question the sanity of California's legislative and judicial decisions, I think we should hang on to it.  It may indeed be the "land of fruits and nuts", but they're our fruits and nuts nonetheless.  Besides, the problem isn't local to only California.  Take a look at whats happening in Virginia these days, for example.  

I don't know what the answer is, except maybe to return to education rather than indoctrination in the schools, but I don't think abandoning the starry-eyed wayward members of the family is the way to go.  

And, I, for one, don't want to be walled in.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    0patience said:
    Poor thing. 

She should have a smoke and relax 

• Options
    It looks like Virginia is going after guns hard and at first glance, seems their target is NRA. 

Virginia house bill 567

Virginia vows to shut down all gun ranges not owned by the state

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:
    It looks like Virginia is going after guns hard and at first glance, seems their target is NRA. 

Virginia house bill 567

yep, that's what I was talking about a couple posts above.  Even California hasn't gone this far Communist.

• Options
    0patience said:

Virginia house bill 567

yep, that's what I was talking about a couple posts above.  Even California hasn't gone this far Communist.
    If they succeed, be worried. Cause that will set a precedent and other states will follow. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    It's really stupid of politicians to pick a fight with the one segment of society that can wipe them out.

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree.  Moved out of VA just in time.  Used to be a member of a Rod and Gun club there before I moved.  NRA HQ is just outside of DC in Fairfax, VA and I believe they have an indoor range there.  
  • Options
    0patience said:

Virginia house bill 567

This is aimed directly at the NRA's shooting range.  The commies even admit that it's a direct attack on the NRA.  Keep pushing you commie bastards. 

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^    Wonder how they'd shut down the private range on my wholly owned private acreage?   Or the ones all my neighbors have?
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^    Wonder how they'd shut down the private range on my wholly owned private acreage?   Or the ones all my neighbors have?
    Private property doesn't exist in their communist utopia. Off to the gulag comrade