Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once had an employee who was a legal refugee from Cuba. He learned English from watching TV. 
    TV packages now include a truck load of other languages, mostly spanish. Anything for a buck. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    jlmarta said:
    webmost said:
    And yet our nutritionists continue to tell us it’s okay to eat tilapia, the bulk of which is imported into the US from China. 

This ol’ boy ain’t eating’ that s h I t....👎
    Quit any dog food that I can ID as being from China. Remember when they were adding antifreeze to it?
    A lot of our canned tuna is rather dubious of its claims of being American produced. We no longer buy it.
    With all of the chinese spies being uncovered in the past years you would think we would have learned something.
    Maybe the US should ban all Chinese imports. Sure would cut down on the fentanyl. 
    Want some insight? Take a part time job at a business that has a lot of checkout registers.
    And hope you never get in an accident with a Chinese driver. The stories are no joke.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOC is speaking at a Bernie rally...Nothing like two lunatics instead of just one.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanders-Cortez 2020.  Hilarious!

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The state of Alaska has decided it's perfectly fine to smoke a joint in the lounge at the pot store but I can't open a cigar lounge or even smoke in any public space, indoors or out.     Damn politicians.  Maybe I need to invest in America and buy a congressman.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The state of Alaska has decided it's perfectly fine to smoke a joint in the lounge at the pot store but I can't open a cigar lounge or even smoke in any public space, indoors or out.     Damn politicians.  Maybe I need to invest in America and buy a congressman.
    They seem to think it's all some kind of zero-sum game.  "We opened a window over here, so we have to shut one over there.  Freedom be damned!"
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^   They killed indoor public space smoking a couple years ago.  Now they're proposing a ban in ANY public space, indoors or out,  like parking lots, open areas in state and county parks or common areas of residential or commercial buildings.    Troglodytes.....
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Coronavirus crisis reveals dangers of bushmeat

My daughter told me they sold out of over 4000 N91 masks at the Home Depot she works at just today. Correction: N95.
    Post edited by Yakster on
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the economy is a fragile thing:

Traders across the globe
     are starting the week in risk-off mode amid growing concerns over the potential economic damage from the fast-spreading coronavirus. In the U.S., Dow futures plunged 477 points, while futures on the S&P 500 and Nasdaq are down 1.7% and 2.1%, respectively. Crude futures traded 3.5% lower at $52.28/bbl and gold rose 0.8% to $1584/oz. Nearly 2,800 people in China have been infected and 80 killed by the disease, and over the last week, both numbers have been rising at close to 50% a day. "We don't know how infectious it is, we don't know how severe it is, and we don't know how it's spreading," said Tom Frieden, former director of the CDC.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    the economy is a fragile thing:

Traders across the globe
     are starting the week in risk-off mode amid growing concerns over the potential economic damage from the fast-spreading coronavirus. In the U.S., Dow futures plunged 477 points, while futures on the S&P 500 and Nasdaq are down 1.7% and 2.1%, respectively. Crude futures traded 3.5% lower at $52.28/bbl and gold rose 0.8% to $1584/oz. Nearly 2,800 people in China have been infected and 80 killed by the disease, and over the last week, both numbers have been rising at close to 50% a day. "We don't know how infectious it is, we don't know how severe it is, and we don't know how it's spreading," said Tom Frieden, former director of the CDC.

Yeah, and I know a whole lot of people who will just blame Obama.  And a whole lot of people will shout it's not Trump's fault, even though no one will say it is.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    ^^^^^^   They killed indoor public space smoking a couple years ago.  Now they're proposing a ban in ANY public space, indoors or out,  like parking lots, open areas in state and county parks or common areas of residential or commercial buildings.    Troglodytes.....

Sounds like you guys up there have been infected with dummycrats.

• Options

Bernie's all over my YouTube feeds lately, asking for contributions.
    Here's mine.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited January 2020
    This is the disease that they make horror movies about. It is no joke.
    Nothing chinese should be allowed to enter this country by port or air until it is gone.
    Growing by 50% a day?
    If you had a penny and doubled it, and then doubled the 2 pennies,  and so on and so on...get it.
    Bats, are you kidding me?
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    This is the disease that they make horror movies about. It is no joke.
    Nothing chinese should be allowed to enter this country by port or air until it is gone.
    Growing by 50% a day?
    If you had a penny and doubled it, and then doubled the 2 pennies,  and so on and so on...get it.
    Bats, are you kidding me?
    Are you saying we should not make jokes? I hope you are. That would be hilarious!
  • Options
    Captain trips in real life.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Getting funnier all the time.
    Russia will shut the borders.
    How many come across our southern borders, or calalafornias? :D

Coronavirus outbreak: Mongolia closes China border
    North Korea closes borders to all foreign tourists as new coronavirus spreads from China.
    Russia Tightens Control Over Chinese Border on Coronavirus Fears.
    Wuhan authorities closing city borders until end of month amid coronavirus outbreak.
    Macao tightens border entry policy after 6th novel coronavirus case.
    WUHAN VIRUS / Taiwan closes borders to current, former Wuhan residents.

I really hope that a sudden change in the weather stops this c.rap in its tracks, but that is wishful thinking. How about that for a punchline.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on standby for jury duty this week. Not looking forward to sitting in a packed room full of potentially sick people, Coronavirus notwithstanding.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    North Korea closes borders to all foreign tourists as new coronavirus spreads from China.

I wasn't  aware that tourists travel to North Korea.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Yakster said:
    I'm on standby for jury duty this week. Not looking forward to sitting in a packed room full of potentially sick people, Coronavirus notwithstanding.
    Got kicked off jury duty when the defense attorney saw me drawing a hangman on my note pad. Sigh....no sense of humor.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I have jury duty next month.
    I HATE jury duty. 
    I know, it's a civic duty, but I hate it.
    Every time they start asking questions, I start to get irritated.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Yakster said:
    I have jury duty next month.
    I HATE jury duty. 
    I know, it's a civic duty, but I hate it.
    Every time they start asking questions, I start to get irritated.

When they ask if there's a reason you can't serve just say it goes against my religious beliefs. They'll let you go in a heartbeat.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    Once again, science proves what we already knew:

Gentlemen, we are on the threshold of a new era. Just as the invention of the Printing Press heralded the inevitable Age of Reason and death of Scholasticism, so now, the invention of Media heralds a coming Age of Delusion and death of Reason. Yes, we are in the incipient stages of this sea change, and so there are plenty of exceptions and struggles. But you tell me: What stems today's growth of delusion? What delays tomorrow's death of reason?

“Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it.”
    ...Jonathan Swift

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tell them I believe in the death penalty for parking violations :)!  Seriously, I have gotten assigned dates several times for jury duty where I am assigned to a group.  Then I have to call the night before and they tell you if you will be needed.  My group has never been needed.  
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I'm so happy to be here, I've waited for this all my life.  I can spot a guilty face just like that!!"  snaps fingers and grins.

should be headed home in no time.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been called up at least a dozen times but never impaneled. It's a pain to donate half a day to being available too. I don't get why people are unwilling to serve.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been called. Registered voter since 18 y.o.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.