Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's an example of why we need to stop connecting everything to the damn internet.

Weird, the stuff that turns up.

Time to time, Tucker hits it right on...

Rudy's podcast is really getting fascinating

Study: Outdoor air is more dangerous to your health than smoking.

Conclusion: Hunker down in you man cave and smoke like a Mexico City bus.

PJ Media sent me an email with this headline: "Chris Matthews says Bernie Sanders is Hitler". This was too preposterous to let hang. So I looked up what Chris said. Found an MSNBC vid on YouTube from the day after Bernie won a primary, wherein Chris remarked that he was reading a history of WWII the night before, & came to the place where French PM Reynaud calls up Churchill & says: "It's over." I remember that bit from Churchill's wonderful ten volume history of the war. Churchill immediately crossed over to the battlefield & gathered with the French commanders and Reynaud. They pored over maps & discussed the sitch. Churchill said something like "Excellent! Now where is the corps de reserve?" And that's when the head Frog Marshall sadly announced: "There is no corps de reserve."

Yes, the French, tho brilliant in music, cooking, philosophy, can really be that stupid, militarily. Have been. More than once. It's a habit with them. Read Froissart.

Churchill immediately crossed back to England, on the way wiring to his cabinet something along the lines: Dunkirk, NOW!

So Chris's analogy was to Churchill's utterly unexpected history-changing astonishment in the unfolding event.

How the hell do you twist "Matthews says Bernie is Hitler" out of that? Truly, we are enduring a hurricane of media lies from every side. Media is obsessed with eyeballs, having not the least concern for truth. At least, back when Hearst and Pulitzer waged their war of Yellow Journalism for supremacy in the New York market, their battleground was lurid sensationalism rather than ... well, I shouldn't say that, tho. The man who's name is now only famous for a prestigious award for reporting is reputed to have brought on the Spanish-American war by paying a reporter in Cuba who claimed that he could get it started for five grand cash. Well, that's a story for another day. Five grand later, "Remember the Maine!"

My point is the way that media habitually twists lies out of truth.

Usually, you see this when leftist media attack Trump. Like "Trump calls corona virus a hoax!" when he remarked that blaming the virus on him was a hoax. Or "Trump is a white supremacist!" when he said, while explicitly condemning white supremacists, that there are good people on either side of the question of whether we should knock down statues. Or "Trump hates freedom of the press!" when he characterizes our media right now as "enemies of the people."

I read recently that George Washington was under constant similar newspaper attack. I have not read that much detail, so can't say much first hand. But one guy started a newspaper against him, another for him. Both published fake news. Many articles were just as salacious as they were fallacious. And both guys made money hand over fist selling this trash. Yes, way back then, from the very beginning.

Anyhoo, our woke leftmedia hunkered down over this preposterous canard about Chris Matthews. And, today, Twitter (of which I am not a member -- tho I daily get their emails) sends me this announcement from Chris Matthews:

"After my conversation with NBC, I decided tonight will be my last Hardball. I’ll tell you why. The younger generations are ready to take the reigns."

Uh , "...take the reigns." ... was that a Freudian slip?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome post, @webmost . I had to laugh at your Freudian slip, reigns instead of reins. Have you ever read Mark Twain's "Journalism in Tennessee"? Kind of reminds me of the clusterfuk we're seeing today?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Never heard of it, but thanks for tipping me off. I found it on line and will read it today. Love Twain. Twain is as much fun as a threesome.

XLNT read.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol, those peace-loving vegans:

Jill Biden’s epic tussle: In split-second blocking maneuver, she protects husband from lunging vegans

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/03/04/jill-biden-joe-biden-protesters/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

stupid human, and he worked at a medical center:

New Hampshire’s first coronavirus patient shrugged off his quarantine and went to an event in a different state — potentially exposing almost 200 people to the deadly illness, officials revealed.

The dimwit Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center staffer showed symptoms of the virus after returning from a trip to Italy, and was told to stay home while awaiting test results — which came back positive Monday, state health officials said.

But three days earlier, he had ignored the instructions and gone to a party over the border in Vermont, officials said.

“Despite having been directed to self-isolate, [he] attended an invitation-only private event on Friday,” the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement.

You can't make this up:

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh GOD! These are really dumb people. It's undeniable.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good intentions?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

The Left is anathematical.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

This, right here, is how screwed up our country is becoming. This man followed ALL of New Jersey's gun laws, was working as a security guard and had company issued weapon and ammo and was arrested for unlawful transport of a weapon and hollow point ammo. WTF?

https://youtu.be/jsLOmSv4bo8

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Eggs Ackley ^

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dean Koontz’s 1981 novel has some seriously crazy parallels to the coronavirus outbreak. This should get the conspiracy nuts going.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8053063/Did-1981-Dean-Koontz-thriller-Eyes-Darkness-predict-coronavirus-outbreak.html

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm grumpy, pessimistic and always in a bad mood but it hasn't gotten me jack ****.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

OK, but the news is that you're not going to get jack for a long, long time.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Houston Rodeo cancelled after one man tested posted for the "Corona Virus"....

This is fvcking absurd!!! How many people have the flu or another virus or are caring it that attend the fvcking Rodeo every year?

https://www.click2houston.com/rodeo/2020/03/11/houston-rodeo-canceled-amid-growing-concerns-over-coronavirus/

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's inane. We carry highly infectious patients in our aircraft every damn day...TB, Hep C, HIV and on ad nauseum with the basic precautions, so NOW we gotta do all this extra crap for a bug 60% of the cases won't even know they've got it?

Just shoot me.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...