Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been called twice.  They just look at me and make me leave.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Time lapse vid of the march for life

(but then, I'm sure you already saw this covered on MSNBC)

"A person's a person, no matter how small."
       ... Dr. Seuss
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brilliant! :

Burden of health care costs greatest among low-income Americans
    Higher income American households pay the most to finance the nation's health care system, but the burden of payments as a share of income is greatest among households with the lowest incomes, according to a new RAND Corporation study.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    My company offers a plan where they cover medical and prescriptions. I pay 15 a week for it and am responsible for the first $2100 a year. I was worried when I first needed to use it but they have paid for everything after the $2100 deductible, no questions asked and nothing denied. They even paid for my genetics testing.

The genetics was over 8 thousand alone
  • Options
    webmost said:

... Dr. Seuss

That's a whole lot of people who should be at work or school.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    webmost said:

... Dr. Seuss

Why should they be where you think they should be? 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Yakster said:
    I'm on standby for jury duty this week. Not looking forward to sitting in a packed room full of potentially sick people, Coronavirus notwithstanding.
    I have jury duty next month.
    I HATE jury duty. 
    I know, it's a civic duty, but I hate it.
    Every time they start asking questions, I start to get irritated.

Check the exemptions list and pick one. No more jury duty, having to be the caregiver of an elderly person works quite well 😏
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get called every year.  State duty one year, Federal the next.  State's a month long,  Fed's 90 days.  I've lost count how many juries I've sat on.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand people who don't use the oxford comma. Look at these two sentences:

I love eating, my mom, and my dad. 

I love eating, my mom and my dad. 
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand people who don't use the oxford comma. Look at these two sentences:

Insightful

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insightful

Punctuation saves lives - John (or his grandma)
  • Options
    HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

In this example, it's the first comma that's important...

• Options
    Bureaucrats might have required:
    "Objects are closer than they appear in mirror"
    ... but, no... instead they require:
    "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

How many parents inadvertently backed over their toddlers because of this simple solecism! 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was picked for jury duty in Police Court when I was Chief.  For some reason the defense attorneys did not want me there and the Clerk to me to get out!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    webmost said:

... Dr. Seuss

I was there on a Saturday during the height of the cherry blossom blooms a couple years ago.  That crowd is nuthin'!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Getting funnier all the time.
    Russia will shut the borders.
    How many come across our southern borders, or calalafornias? :D

Coronavirus outbreak: Mongolia closes China border
    North Korea closes borders to all foreign tourists as new coronavirus spreads from China.
    Russia Tightens Control Over Chinese Border on Coronavirus Fears.
    Wuhan authorities closing city borders until end of month amid coronavirus outbreak.
    Macao tightens border entry policy after 6th novel coronavirus case.
    WUHAN VIRUS / Taiwan closes borders to current, former Wuhan residents.

I really hope that a sudden change in the weather stops this c.rap in its tracks, but that is wishful thinking. How about that for a punchline.

Not certain if this is true but, the most alarming thing I have heard so far is there is a two week incubation period during which the patient shows no symptoms and will unknowingly be spreading the virus. 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and how long did the chinese know about it before it got out....
  • Options
    They probably created it to kill off their excess people.

• Options
    well, they are pretty little bugs:
    Coloured scanning electron micrograph SEM of a cluster of coronavirus particles
  • Options
    I think it was the CDC that has stated they have created the virus in the lab. That is a big step.
    Punch line: Heck they could have asked the chinese.....
  • Options

• Options
    Ah bloomberg....another reason not to watch football.
  • Options
    Dr. Drew Pinsky hits Adam Schiff on homeless crisis in his own district: 'He's asleep at the wheel'on Coronavirus Fears

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-drew-pinsky-adam-schiff-homeless-crisis-california

The little shitf is interested in nothing but the limelight. He will lie about anything and everything, and does it without a trace of conscience. He should be removed and locked in a cage that is taken across this country so everyone can voice their disgust to his face. Won't, even then, sink into his tiny little one track mind. TDS is the greatest thing that has ever happened to him, it keeps the MSMs busy with their praise of him which is all he lives for.
  • Options
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING......THIS HAS TO BE MADE UP

https://youtu.be/mg91VR5eYdA
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

Nope. Not kidding. Not made up.

• Options
    In CoronaVirus News:

China built this eight acre hospital in just ten days!

... all to house virus patients

They've also converted convention halls and stadiums into wards:

Doctor Li Wenliang first blew the whistle on the virus & was promptly arrested... prolly headed toward re-education... but now he got the stuff himself:

... and died.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

"Identitarian Politics", I like that phrase!  That's what we're stuck with these days.  I think it's a more pervasive plague than the Corona Virus.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Market research company SalesForce owns a program called Social Studio, which counts how many mentions an ad gets next day, and whether those mentions are pository or negatory (no explanation how they distinguish that). Here are the SuperBowl ads which got most bang for their buck this last time round:

Super Bowl 54 Social Media MVPs

Most Mentioned Advertisers Globally (Click to Tweet)
    1. Donald Trump (171,849 mentions, 75.6% positive)
    2. Avocados from Mexico (69,090 mentions, 94.3% positive)
    3. Google (32,069 mentions, 62.3% positive)
    4. Olay (27,640 mentions, 95.8% positive)
    5. Budweiser (16,527 mentions, 89.5% positive)

Read the discussion in the report immediately above the numbers, and tell me what's missing.

n.b. Olay inflated their numbers by offering a buck donation to GirlsWhoCode for every tweet.

Cannot find stats for Bloomberg.
    Can't fathom why google needs to advertise.